[BUG] list for ESF fighter jets

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ciider, May 22, 2015.

1. ciider

- Scythe A2AM have a bug, if you reload while changing to primary, the lock-on time will be reduced.
    - Scythe coyote missiles does not lock-on properly at all.
    - Scythe sound quality sometimes drops for the cockpit sounds.
    - When in Scythe, sometimes you cannot hear planes sneaking right next to you.
    - Scythe fire suppression dosent always activate on first click, feels like it is caused by holding other buttons down.
    - Scythe squad vehicle swapping bug, disables afterburners.
    - Scythe vehicle ejection bug persists, dont know about frequency.
    - Scythe pitch up/down sometimes jam, can among other things also be caused by alt tabbing, can be fixed by going into 3rd person or re-entering the vehicle.
    - Scythe Antares on helipads, restores ammo pool with 150 per tick.
    - Scythe can tilt over on its head when landing and exiting too quickly somtimes. (even though not touching ground; It is very persistent.)
    - Scythe afterburner value sometimes dosent shown properly in cockpit, it can bug out during flight.
    - Scythe blue HUD UI is unreadable in the sky, i suggest a alternative or permanent green, perhaps even purple.
    - Unable to use VS AA/AT turret emplacements if changing those joystick deadzones ect.
    - Remove VS repair tool penalty when not actually repairing anything.
    - VS repair tool sometimes has its light beam spassing out during repairs.
    - ESF air stream trails stops rendering very, very often.
    - Make E (enter vehicle) rebindable.
    - The A2G portion of ESF auraxium is absolutely horrible to get if you are A2A focused.
  2. prodo123

You mean list for the Scythe.

A2G is the easiest part of the directive. Any nutjob can stick on a pair of dumbfire missiles and spam them at a giant farm fest.
    • Up x 1
  3. ciider

I am adding which aircraft i personally experienced it on for developer debug purpose, most of these are probably on all the aircraft.

I know how to do A2G, it is some good kills, it isent working for me though without those extra afterburners. I believe i am headhunted from my A2A action, i had to give up after 372 kills with coyotes, a lot of the kills came from midnight action with -50% aircraft cost. Against infantry only.

Some of the causes i already know, such as:
    1. Get 700 certs for racer chassis.
    2. Scythe is the slowest x/z forward moving aircraft by default, hit harder with lack of afterburners.
    3. rocket pods would make the action faster, but also more painfull against air. And considering the already hopelessly perfect scenarios i use coyotes in...
  4. ciider

Jaw left/right is also bugged the same way.
  5. ReaverUpYour

is this a joke?
    i hope it's not cause i'll be a fool then.

they do, but you actually have to aim correctly with them

- Scythe fire suppression dosent always activate on first click, feels like it is caused by holding other buttons down.
    called ghosting and it's a problem of your keyboard not a game bug

- Scythe can tilt over on its head when landing and exiting too quickly somtimes. (even though not touching ground; It is very persistent.)
    learn to land

- Scythe afterburner value sometimes dosent shown properly in cockpit, it can bug out during flight.
    this is a bug, old one

- Scythe blue HUD UI is unreadable in the sky, i suggest a alternative or permanent green, perhaps even purple.
    old problem, it's been years and countless posts on this. no one gives a **** about it.

yeah like when you hover. major bug.

are you serious? did you even bothered to check aircraft key bindings?

- The A2G portion of ESF auraxium is absolutely horrible to get if you are A2A focused.
    hmmm, maybe you don't deserve auraxium yet.
  6. ciider

They dont work correctly, the statement is clear and should be of NO surprise. The A2AM is broken and they dont seem to know, i saw a talk about this on a developer stream where they made no mention of this bug.
    No, it only happens with fire suppression bound key, not the other common keys. But you can see other input errors with the pitch/jaw bugs, it is code related.
    Yes.
  7. prodo123

You do realize moving fast in a straight line is why you get killed more easily, right?

Max Hover frame will make you fly at least as fast as a level 1 Racer while giving you waaaay more maneuverability. If you're going max Racer to make the action "faster" then you're taking a completely wrong approach to achieve it. Fire one volley and running away will waste your time, while firing a volley, reversing and firing a second one is the most logical choice to go about it.

You're not headhunted. You're just making yourself an easy target, while making A2A look easy by using lockons/Coyotes.

And if you're using Coyotes to farm A2G...:eek:
  8. ciider

No you got that all wrong, i am a A2A pilot using hoverframe and afterburners. I had to give up on the A2G part to get auraxium.
    I use coyotes instead of dual photon pods because coyotes are helpfull in A2A, i balanced the lack of ground attack power by mostly using coyotes after Indar lock, when flying with a friend, late at midnight. Or all. And only on infantry, to avoid vehicle AA.

It is not going fast enouth, and the attention i have gained from being, as of yet, a permanent A2A player surely have not helped.
  9. ciider

Found another bug that may impact air gameplay too-
    Out of bounds on minimap in Amerish/Hossin does not show correctly in certain places.
  10. ciider

Sometimes Scythe/Magrider Fire Suppression stops working permanently for that vehicle.
  11. zaspacer

First off, it's best for you to break that list down into 2 groups: "Bugs" and "Request Design Change".

Bugs
    ====
    - Scythe A2AM have a bug, if you reload while changing to primary, the lock-on time will be reduced.
    - Scythe sound quality sometimes drops for the cockpit sounds.
    - When in Scythe, sometimes you cannot hear planes sneaking right next to you.
    - Scythe squad vehicle swapping bug, disables afterburners.
    - Scythe vehicle ejection bug persists, dont know about frequency.
    - Scythe pitch up/down sometimes jam, can among other things also be caused by alt tabbing, can be fixed by going into 3rd person or re-entering the vehicle.
    - Scythe Antares on helipads, restores ammo pool with 150 per tick.
    - Unable to use VS AA/AT turret emplacements if changing those joystick deadzones ect.
    - VS repair tool sometimes has its light beam spassing out during repairs.

Request Design Change
    ==================

???
    ===
    - Remove VS repair tool penalty when not actually repairing anything.

What does "Make E (enter vehicle) rebindable" mean? Are you asking for Infantry Rebindable "Interact" to be separated into 2 rebindables?: "Interact" and "Enter Vehicle"?

What is "Remove VS repair tool penalty when not actually repairing anything"? I don't know what this is talking about. Can you describe this for me?

You would also do well to list the Frequency that these bugs happen. Like:

Type: Bug
    Description: Scythe can tilt over on its head when landing and exiting too quickly somtimes. (even though not touching ground; It is very persistent.)
    Frequency: Often

I fly Scythes a lot, and their rolling on Exit and then flipping over can be a big problem. It seems to be a combination of (1) the craft sometimes rolling upon exit (roll right for me), and (2) the craft sometimes continuing to have engines (and vector) after exiting.

All the ESFs have very bad landed-empty-vehicle-on-ground behavior in this area, and it causes problems for all of them (ex. Reaver can rock back onto it's tail and then powered vector continues to drag it back, dragging it off platforms or getting it stuck in terrain). (NOTE: this bad landing behavior seemed to start when the Valkyrie was addded) But the Scythe is the most consistent Vehicle Destruction problem for me in its flipping.

If I am more careful about the following, I seem not to flip as much... but it can still flip:
    1) make sure Scythe is totally level when Exit Vehicle
    2) make sure Scythe is totally Stationary when Exit Vehicle
    3) make sure Scythe is on level ground

Even with these precautions, often the Scythe will still roll to the right. But it won't flip over as much... though sometimes even with these precautions, it will still roll and flip. If you spot that its roll is gonna make it flip quickly, you can often hit "Intereact" (E) and jump back in the Scythe and fly it back under control.

In the past, the Scythe could still "bounce" and roll and flip over on higher speed landings where the pilot exited the Vehicle early (usually done to get out quicker to apply Repair Tool to an ESF on fire and about to explode). But the Scythe did not just roll and flip on its own in slower and more controlled landings.

Also, being able to land and exit quickly is a frequent and major requirement of most pilots in order to take care of ESFs on fire. As is not having the ESF tilt and continue powered vector (not Vehicle sliding on incline, actual powered direction propulsion of the Vehicle) and , getting it stuck in terrain, etc. So having the Scythe and all Faction ESFs return to the landing stability they had before Valkyrie launch would be a big improvement.

If you know some trick to getting the ESF to not tilt or not stay with powered on vector on exit, then please tell us.
  12. ciider

If i could delete your post, i would.
  13. Ogopogo

Err, what do you expect from them? Which part precisely isn't working as expected?

My enter/exit key for aircraft is rebound to another key, so unless you mean something different, you need to look better.

Oh, right then. No point taking you seriously then.
    • Up x 1
  14. zaspacer

Ditto what Ogopogo said.

ciider, I don't know why you want to delete my post that is trying to build on your feedback and help make your it more constructive.
  15. ciider

After having skimmed your unnessesary long post with things that should be obvious, it would appear that "interact" under INFANTRY does indeed rebind "enter vehicle/aircraft" So thank you for that, someone else mentioned it too but did not explain it.

It is not obvious either, as "exit vehicle" is found in both 'vehicle' and 'aircraft' section. One would imagine the coder did back-to-back work and did the same for enter vehicle.

The repair tool looses charge when not aiming at things.
  16. zaspacer

You are welcome.

You claim my post was unnecessarily long, yet it explained things fully and helped you. While you comment that someone else that only mentioned it, did not help you because they did not explain it. You seem to contradict yourself.

My extensive comments on the Scythe Flipping were amde because it's a very messy issue. In part because the Scythe Tilting/Thrust Bug behavior is erradic and has multiple and varying aspects to it, in part because ESF have had messed up landing tilting since Valk was released, and in part because even when things were working before Valk release the Scythe could Flip and explode during certain types of landings. Having worked for a Developer and done Bug Fixes, as well as having been a part of Bug Reports on tons of Betas, I know that it's important when relating some Bugs to be as detailed as possible. This allows the Devs trying to understand, replicate, and fix it, with the info they need to do so.

Ok, I understand what you are talking about now. Thank you.

As far as I know, that has worked that way since launch, and it is not a bug and is working as intended: hold the trigger down and the charge depletes, fail to aim it at a viable Repair target and it won't engage to repair.

I would say that your request to have this changed is a "Request Design Change" and not a "Bug".
  17. ciider

Failing to repair for being out of range is engineering class 101, i am not sure i would call that a feature. It detracts from that beautiful vehicle in the background and can there for be considered a bug.
  18. zaspacer

When you are out of Range the visible beam will not activate. And if you are within Range and activate the beam, but then move out of Range or turn too far from Target, the beam drops. This alerts you to get into (or back into) range and be pointed on target or (once the beam engages) within the allowable degrees of facing off the target.

Holding down the trigger and depleting your charge because you are not positioned right, feels fine to me. Release the trigger and correct your Range/Facing, then re-engage.

This is harder when it is not your Vehicle/Turret, as there is not a helpful Green Vehicle/Turret Health Diagram. and I DO think they need to fix the Circle Progress Indicator Bug. Such that the Circle Progress Indicator continues to show progress through successful Repairing applications. Right now, the Circle Progress Indicator can disappear and not come back even while there is damage left and you are doing Repairs.
  19. ciider

"vehiclechatter" in the useroptions.ini file does not disable the cockpit noises such as button clicking that plays at random.
  20. ciider

Squad spawn beacon for VS as LA can cause a "foot stepping" sound loop, related if you spawn on a helipad ect.