"Link to ... warp gate" victory point?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Yordi, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Yordi

Hi, I haven't played for a while and I'v read about the new victory points system but a few things are unclear to me. One of the VPs says "link to enemy warp gate". This sounds like you can now capture the enemy's warp gate and link it with your initial warp gate - is this true?
    Another VP says "lint to north east/etc warp gate". I'm looking at the map and I see THREE warp gates (every one owned by a single faction). My faction currently has a VP for being linked to a north eastern warp gate, which to me looks like the one warp gate owned by another faction??? Are there more than three warp gates on a continent, and is so, where are they?
  2. Yordi

3. Pfundi

No you cant cap them and theres only three.
    You are no native english speaker, are you? (Neither am I)
    Otherwise I dont know how you could put that wrong. A link to an enemy gate exists as soon as a faction controls a base that is connected via a line to the warpgate of the enemy and to their own.
    Capturable warpgates are in the making for a long time now, but before that happens there are still the resource harvesting system/player made bases, the fleet carriers, some new weapons and such and the battle Islands. So just dont ask til like December this year :D
  4. Yordi

No, I'm not a native English speaker, but I get it now - I was confused by whether it had to be a "normal" (white) link or a "possible to capture" (yellow dotted) one, since I assumed "linked" meant that it had to be fully connected (white) and not a yellow dotted link.