Lightning LPPC worth it?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TR5L4Y3R, May 22, 2023.

1. TR5L4Y3R

just wondering about people´s opinion on the NSO maincannon
    worth it? or just keep the default? ... because i´m not realy that hot on investing into the AP cannon ...
  2. JibbaJabba

The zero drop is to die for. Delicious.
  3. RRRIV

get it to fight bastions.
  4. 23rd enigma

It's good in when vehicles line up. Common on bridges. It's bad at everything else . No 1 hit kill against infantry or ESFs is a big disadvantage. Damage is poor IMO against the ap. Forget it if it's a Kingsnake lightning, you're toast.
    • Up x 1
  5. JibbaJabba

It's killer at range, even more so than AP.

At extreme ranges you land your first shot while the other guy has to bracket. he'll land his 2nd shot or even 3rd. Meanwhile you have already moved which screws up his adjustment. And your movement doesn't impact your own aim. You fire again, hit first shot.
  6. VV4LL3

On the chimera, it's mostly a waste. Does only like 200 more dmg. (700), while the lightning, a much smaller target profile, does 500.
    The weapon itself is neglible and situational since DBG dramatically decreased the ballistic drop of ALL tank main canons. When you see a king snake putting 4 rounds from a barrage three hexes away, ALL in a 1mx1m square, you question the use of the (L)PPC/ Rail Gun now.

The niche use is really to be a tank sniper. Most useful.

As for the target penetration effect? Not sure it works. Have blasted many times vehicles lined up, only the front one takes the damage.

I would say it's useful if your play style is to sit back and attack things for mediocre damage... however from a maximum damage perspective, HESH/HEAT/ etc... are better since the round drop has been decreased.
  7. Zeruel7

It's super nice to use at range, especially when sniping construction structures. You really feel the lack of blast when fighting infantry though, I almost feel like it's harder to get a direct hit than other tank shells. Don't know if it has a smaller hitbox or if I'm just bad lol. Of course then you have to hit a second shot. I'd say it's usually easier to just go for the road kill unless they're just standing there and giving you an easy shot.