Light Assault is only good with two bricks of C4

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Atralis, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Atralis

Having 1 brick gives you the ability to deal with max suits, having two bricks gives you the ability to deal with vehicles, but until you have two the class is just far weaker than it could be.

That isn't even counting the sheninigans you can unleash on packs on enemy troops with C4.
    • Up x 3
  2. ironeddie

Disagree somewhat. I'm new to the class, & only have one c4. So yes I know I'm not yet as effective as I can be since I can't blow up a tank. But I'm finding that the jet pack is allowing me to really sneak up & get the drop on enemy players. I'm as effective if not more so at doing this than I was as HA. So I think the class is pretty damn good with only one c4 or none. It's only the classes AV capability not its be all & end all.
    • Up x 1
  3. DFDelta

Personally I disagree.

I run with medkits most of the time, AV weapons are so spamable in this game that having C4 to fight tanks is not even needed most of the time.

The ability to heal yourself on the other hand is pretty important if most of the time you're in places no friendly medic will ever reach.
    • Up x 2
  4. XCtreetrunk

Man, you guys are completely missing the point here. Its not that having only 1 c4 sucks, its that having 2 makes you able to engage in TONS more situations. You now have the ability to actually affect an armor column, rather than just an outer scratch on the hull.

You KD should spike, as now you have the ability to drop a brick on 2 different zerg squads.

1 brick is okay, but until you have 2, you are far weaker and losing so much potential.
    • Up x 3
  5. Scheizty

6. Deschain

Gotta agree with this, medkits are far more versatile, c4 is situational, long gone are the days players didn't look up so LA's could drift around like angels dropping c4 on tanks-sundys- groups of players.
  7. Iridar51

This is a thread about that having more explosives is better than having less explosives.
    Yay for logic.
    • Up x 2
  8. Squishh

Disagree!

Being able to shoot down on people from unexpected places makes LA a very good class to play. The smart ones look up, the not so smart ones have to die over and over several times before they figure out an LA is on a rooftop, or up in a tree.

Yes, 2 is better than 1. But having 2 bricks of C4 does not the make or break the LA class.
  9. Jogido

LA is more versatile with two bricks...but they are still good without them.
  10. Carisha

LA does need something more. It's the only class with only one special ability and while jet pack is one hell of a ability they still need something more, something that makes them useful to the squad, like say advanced spotting tools and deployable radars (not shoot able like the inf, deployable like a becon)
  11. MarlboroMan-E

I love my C4, but I've been playing since release ... over 10,000 carbine kills and just over 1000 C4 kills. Yes, of course carrying two is better, and I prefer C4 to medkits, but saying is only good with two C4s is inaccurate.
  12. Leivve

1 C4 can still let you kill tanks and sundys, just you can't solo them, you need to wait for a heavy to hit it.
  13. Azerin

Against vehicles perhaps... But you're underestimating the power of a rifle and jetpack. I've seen fights won entirely because a squad jetpacked behind the enemy and took a point or tore apart the enemy from behind, and I'm sure I'll see many more. C4's useful and opens up new options, but it's certainly not the only good thing.
    • Up x 1
  14. ironeddie

Two c4 opens up options for gameplay, you have choices. I like that I can run & gun but when I stumble across a tank I can blow it up. But it's not the end of the world to have 1 c4 or even no c4.
  15. raw

The LA is obviously missing a disklauncher and ski.
  16. Iridar51

I actually turned away from Tribes: Ascend as from another game with jetpacks in it because of this very same reason - too much focus on skiing and not flying.
  17. raw

i was talking about starsiege: tribes
  18. teks

Hit the nail on the head here.
    I don't understand just what point the OP is trying to make.

The title of the thread is misleading. As if the only role of a light assault is to destroy vehicles. A role he ranks 4th in after engineers, HAs, and MAXes. C4 isn't even unique to LA's. Hes missing the point of a LA entirely.

Removing c4 from a LA completely hardly dents his role, which I can agree needs work.
    The LA is the flanker. He can attack from odd angles avoiding friendly fire, getting rear shots, killing medics, setting up hard-to-reach beacons, destroying beacons, and breaking up dug in infantry strongholds.

He is my class of choice whenever I'm squad leader even though his two bricks don't even blow up sundys. Just by getting there the rest o the squad can deploy on me with classes actually suited for such a role.
  19. teks

Also, besides sundys, blowing up vehicles is hardly a priority. Tanks are too easy to bypass, and they have a very limited role taking points. The people in the vehicle are more often a greater threat outside the tank where they could actually participate in the real fight. Combine this with a tanks weaknesses to infantry AV options, and their poor AI choices.
  20. SarahM

With an infantry terminal nearby, you have infinite about x/40 C4 at hand, depending on how much you stocked up on.

With a single C4, you can still go for damaged vehicles.