Light Assault gets screwed again...

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by RogueComet, May 28, 2013.

1. RogueComet

Well today they updated the Roadmap out to October. Just a few things each month but you know what is missing? Yeah you guess it, the Light Assault revamp is STILL GONE. WTF SOE? You've (Higby/SOE) has directly said that the Light Assault class is unfinished, proof of which can be seen in that they don't have a tool slot item. First we get to wait for Maxes to go ahead of us. We get to wait for Infiltrators to go ahead of us. Now we get to wait for MEDICS and ENGINEERS to go ahead of us? WTF IS UP WITH THAT?

Why do they keep pushing the revamp off when the class is clearly not performing according to stats that we have all seen?
    Why do they keep pushing off the LA revamp when the only class played less is the medic?
    Why do they keep pushing it off when the only class to score less per hour is Infiltrator?
    Why do they keep pushing it off when we have no tool slot item?
    Why do they keep pushing it off when every single game update contains something that is a nerf to light assaults?
    Why does SOE hate the LA class so much?

I'll tell you one thing... I was considering filling up my station cash to the max with another double or triple station cash day. Now? HELL NO. They don't get another penny out of me because this is pure BS. Yeah I'm ticked off cause this is pure 100% BS.
  2. Kyouki

I agree, the original class date was May iirc. Now it's TBA. Truthfully all I want is the our tool slot to hold something. It can be the crossbow but I would prefer a grenade launcher.
  3. Daibar

They keep pushing it because they don't know what to do with us.
    that's my guess anyways.

It seems to me, that their main classes, classes which are being played more than ours, are getting the love.
    the way i see it, we're making the least noise because we're not that many.

as it is, i'm doing around 17-19k XP/Hour and i'm leading a squad/platoon when doing that, i generally run spec-ops squads.
    so im not asking for a change to the class because i fear that they'll destroy the class with any changes.
  4. Kaesarr

I still believe the LA as it is now is one of the best classes available.
    • Up x 1
  5. Mythicrose12

This is likely. SOE is probably having a difficult time polishing this class because of all the crying LA currently invokes. Just look at the various forum threads. People want shotguns removed from the LA, C4 removed, shorter flight, etc. The crying put in the annoying jet pack noise (that has myseriously disappeared). Meanwhile infiltrators want abilities similar to our own (grapple hook instead of JJ, glider instead of drifer jets, access to C4 and shotguns).
  6. RogueComet

I definitely know that the LA class can be good, if you understand how it works. The numbers though definitely point out that many people who use LA do NOT understand how it works because the only class that scores less on average per hour is the Infiltrator. Personally I do LOVE the LA class, though I dislike how we are treated by SOE. I dislike how much others cry about us, yet still want our abilities.

Perhaps SOE isn't sure what to do. Then they need to get back into this forum and ask us for help! I've seen dozens of threads about tool ideas. Heck, I posted one that I thought was awesome, had serious potential for giving us group a group playing ability and wouldn't be OP. SOE... ignored. All of the things we try to do to help our class are ignored. How many devs have you seen post in this forum other than someone who is going to lock a thread? In the last 10 pages (back to Feburary), there was ONE post that attracted the attention of SOE enough for them to respond. All he did was clarify about soft-point ammo, a trait that isn't even exclusive to Light Assault.

When I say that SOE doesn't really like or care for Light Assault, I am not exagerating from what I've seen. We've been hit by more nerfs than any other class since the game began. We are the only class without a tool slot item. We recieve less attention and love than any other class, by far.

You know... I wouldn't be as bothered if SOE was more transparent and actually told us what they were thinking about Light Assault. I wouldn't be as upset if they actually came out and said, "We don't know what to do since you seem to dislike the idea of dual wield." I would love it if they actually listened to dedicated Light Assault players instead of the other classes who whine about us. Instead those good and positive things, we just have to cringe and hope we avoid the nerf bat every single GU (which we don't.)
  7. MajiinBuu

Lol the light assault hasn't been nerfed at all. It has a jetpack! You can go anywhere, snipe people with slugs without any return fire. We have C4! We can drift a couple hundred meters and essplode anything! Being spawn camped? Fly above them and drop C4!
    We don't need a **** tool slot!
  8. HeadshotVictim

I am fine when they push the LA-Update further away, when the result is worth something.
    I DON'T want a class update that ***** the whole class up, because of bad/hasty decisions like worthless gimmicks, which don't add anything useful.
    I hope that the time it takes now makes the outcome worth it.

Stay calm, await what will be coming. And if it doesn't come: it (hopefully) didn't get worse.
    The addition of SMG was a fine day for LA... I rejected them for far too long. Got my Cyclone now and really loving it.
    I switch weapons more often now, but I like playing LA again. (Since I was switching classes to Engi or Medic)
  9. RogueComet

Wow your post just goes to show how completely ignorant of Light Assault you actually are when you say we havn't been nerfed. I'm disapointed to noticed you are VS. Go look at this post: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/la-nerf-list.116293/ See for yourself that LA has gotten the Nerf Stick more than any other class. Get a clue before you post.
  10. MajiinBuu

Yeah all that stuff had nothing to do with LA. C4 isn't LA exclusive, cross that off the list. Changes to spawn rooms not directed towards LA. No tool slot? You have a **** jetpack! Jump jet volume decreased drastically with last update. Only squad leaders can use beacons? Yeah that's everyone, not just LA. You can still spot constantly as long as you're actually spotting someone, not smashing Q. 3D spotting affects everyone, and you can still hide.
    I see nothing on that list directed negatively towards LA.
  11. simon11russell

Really you see nothing at all that nerfs the LA. Sure C4 isn't class specific but LA's easily get the most use out of it so nerfs to it hurt us more. As for tools would the heavy be ok with only a shield or the medic with only the AOE heal? No all the classes would loose allot of its utility without a tool but LA's are expected to just make do without because jetpacks! And how about the changes to the towers to remove places where you used to be able to drop down behind someone for a surprise attack or the sealing up of windows so that LA's can't use them to enter a base and flank an enemy. and the nerf to flash grenades that mean that you can only really stun one person at a time as their range is so pitiful now. But none of those things negativity affect the light assault class in anyway right?
    • Up x 2
  12. RogueComet

Yeah he just goes to show he's totally clueless. Sure many nerfs may effect other classes, like other people can carry and use C4, but everything I mention are things that effect LA more than the other classes. That guy totally doesn't get it. Time to put another ignorant soul on ignore.
    • Up x 1