[Suggestion] Light Assault deployable proximity radar

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Belarod, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Belarod

How about a utility tool for light assault which deploys stationary proximity radar? Cert advancements could be increases in range or number of units carried. This would fit well with light assaults speed and mobility, as a front line assault unit. LA gets in first to setup the radars before the main force rolls in. Radars could be destroyed just like Spawn Beacons. Maybe emanating a light ping sounds to identify them. Many of us had used the Flash with the radar in a similar way until they changed it to only work while on the flash. This could be very helpful both on offence and defense, give LA a team utility and does not sound very overpowering.
  2. Achmed20

nah!
    sounds more like Infiltrator or Engie terretory
    • Up x 1
  3. tsubakki

or you could use the infiltrator proximity radar gun?
    • Up x 1
  4. Belarod

Ha, I didn't even know this was in the game until I looked it up after your post. I don't play an infiltrator, and I have never seen this used by anyone EVER.
  5. tsubakki

its very hard to see, though it makes a small noise and is a tiny orange ball when fired, i use it all the time, and ive seen it used frequently too, though currently there is the possibility for it to be bugged, though i haven't seen anything like that
  6. Saberune

get scout radar for flash. 5 minutes of proximity radar detection up to 100 meters, depending on how deeply it's certed. It's 100% passive and works whether you're currently occupying the vehicle or not. It works on a relatively fast pulse, so there's no real chance of an enemy moving in and out or even changing directions between pulses. It also has the added advantage of being usable by all classes, so you can double down on your investment, which is always a bonus in this game. I use it as often as possible.

There is one thing that threw me for a loop at first. I was expecting to see the little triangles on my radar and when that didn't happen, i thought it was broken. It definitely works, but it shows the same little dot that's shown when an enemy fires, so remember to look for dots, not triangles.