Light Assault: Are we the most killed class?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by bogroll, Jul 12, 2013.

1. oherror

Its my goto class as well on VS....mostly cause i'm not certed in anything. My most used class actually is engy.
  2. Duban

I'm a 100% LA player. I think most of the problem comes from the fact that LA requires a different skillset to play than the other classes. Being a light assault isn't about going around a corner and spraying the opponent before they spray you nor is it about marskmanship against a target that's firing back.

Being a successful LA is about positioning, patience, and efficiency. You don't have the protection of range that infiltrators get. You can't win a direct fight with a medic or Heavy. You can't lock down a position like a turret. What LA's have is the ability to find the best positions to fight from and even the best position will be given away if you fire as recklessly and carelessly as you would as any of the other classes.

A carbine will run out of amo before you kill a moving target at range. Any Medic or HA will then turn around and murder you. This means playing an LA is about being smart. You need to find position where you can see a busy area people stop at, but your opponents have limited vision on. You need to be patient and only fire when you have a clean shot on a stationary target. You need to shoot exactly 6 bullets to the opponents head to minimize the chance of someone seeing your fire.

It's all about killing large numbers of opponents while making the least disturbance possible. That is how you go on 20 man killing sprees as LA. Light assaults can win entire battles with the right position and mentality. I can't count the number of times I've wiped out the campers at a bio lab teleporter, or wrecked a infil/HA sniper brigade off a clifside.
    • Up x 2
  3. Fang7.62

My LA dies a lot because LA mobility just makes you rush balls deep everywhere, live shortly but violently and go down guns blazing, c4 blastin, certs rainin :)
    • Up x 1