Liberators Need a Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cute-CandyPants, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Arsinek

Something killed me, nerf it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Dasbag

No, they aren't.
  3. Metalsnake27

4. Mahakar

Libs are fine right now.

ESF need to be straight up nerfed or made less effective against ground units by removing the hellfire rockets. This would restrict them to clearing out the skies while libs would do the A2G work.
  5. Sentnl

You can stop being a zerg and get into a building.

Liberators hunt zergs, zergs get hunted by liberators. etc,
  6. Scorpion

I think they finally got the damage right on the Liberator in that it kills swiftly. My problem isn't really with the Liberator in itself but the state of AA in this game. The Skyguard, the G2A HA Rocket, and the Burster MAX needs to deal with ESFs and Liberators more swiftly, so if you want to hang out in the area you will get cut down thus promoting quick passes and edging your way in.
  7. b0b

2-3 semi-coordinated guys on the ground can fight a lib as well as 1 good ESF pilot
  8. Arsinek

No air needs to be powerful. Its easy enough to get shot down how the game is right now, make it any easier and no one will want to do air.
  9. MrVex

The liberator is fine as it is. Just because its big cannon killed you doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. It takes 3 people to man properly and is vulnerable as all hell to attack because it physically can't just run off. If an ESF wants it dead it will succeed.
  10. Dubious

AA just need a buff
  11. Nakor

All of the aircraft in general are OP compared to the available ground AA. The only viable counter to the air spam is just more air spam. Which, shockingly doesn't solve the problem of their being too much **** in the air for the ground game to remain enjoyable. The bombers can be driven off, not killed, but driven off. But the ESFs never stop coming. Getting swarmed by hovering ESF's that you can't shoot back at effectively isn't particularly fun. The sad part is that the air swarm will just get bigger until they do another drastic nerf. Oh well, i'm sure that skyguard, burster guns and AA missiles sales are booming in the cash shop in the mean time :)
  12. QuantumMechanic

That "bomb spam" is the role of the liberator. What else would you have it be doing?

Also, it's not OP. I shot down 3 libs last night (and had countless assists) as HA with the AA rocket launcher.
  13. Mirakk

lol, Liberators are fine. Go spawn an ESF and face roll your way to victory.
  14. PoopMaster

I only think ESF need a nerf, slightly, healtwise. Libs are fine.
  15. Maruun

Well i can take out a Liberator really easy with a Skyguard. Atleast if its not on 1000m range or something. If the liberator eats a whole clip of teh skyguard they need to run or turn otherwise they dont get away anymore.

And the gunenr trying to shoot me? Are you kidding the mometn the Liberator panics the gunner can do **** even if he trys to shot the skyguard he just need to move. hell you can even drive fully and shot at a liberator at that moment.

There are two types of Liberatorpilots.

1. The one with a safe distance for himself that AA-Flak isnt that dangerous so you can take it for the most part, and can only shot at vehicles because of the render distance.

2. The one that goes closer and trys to get hits on Infantrie. But then he is so close then, that every AA will hit him you cant miss him at that range. The typical Risk- Reward situation.

Bestway to get rid of a Liberator? Missles he is to slow to dodge them so he will eat them. Combine that with AA and he will fly away sooner than later. If you have a nearly "secure" Airspace because your EFS pliots are circeling around thats even the best situation for you.

No Liberator will fly in a enemy Airspace just for some Quick kills for that the CD and the Ressource cost for that Gunship is to high.

The moment you lose air superioty you will see Liberators.
  16. h00n

Go fly one.
  17. BarxBaron

Libs are the same as late beta when they finally got the buffs they deserved. They are FINE and everyone who was in beta realizes this - which is why you are getting bahed, OP.

The issue is that AA needs to be tweaked a bit. I'm ok with their current dmg level (AA was WAY Overpowered in mid beta). I think flak needs to get some of its tightness back. Either that or make FLAK TRACERS EASIER TO SEE FOR THE SHOOTER.

That is my main complaint......its nearly impossible to readjust flak aim because the tracer is nearly nonexistent to the person firing.

Changing this would go a long way to making flak a better detterent factor to floating libs/over abundance of ESFs.

This is coming from a dedicated lib pilot in beta and release.