[Suggestion] Liberator Optic QOL Fix.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Metalsheep, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Metalsheep

Greetings forumside.

After seeing some of the feedback about the CAI update regarding the Liberators nose guns now all being free-cam on a swivel, I came up with a pretty simple solution to make the nose guns MUCH more usable in their new state.

Simple, give the Pilot a separate camera feed from the guns perspective, that will overlay on top of the cockpit.

So, going from this:

[IMG]

to this:

[IMG]

Albeit with a more stylized and more distinguished HUD border and such. But with this premise that the Camera will always stay centered on the crosshair, allowing you to fire at targets the cockpit would otherwise obscure. I feel like a change like this would make the nose guns much more usable with their new capabilities. As currently it is difficult to acquire a target with a swiveling weapon when 60% of your screen is obscured by the cockpit.

What do you think about a change like this?
  2. FateJH

Whenever we talk about adding these little sub-cameras, it always has to be mentioned that it would involve rendering the scene once more for each extra view. As this would be in the center of the view, i.e., normal view, the real question is whether we could clip that portion of the Liberator's dashboard HUD out in real time without accumulating too much overhead. It'd be a really efficient solution if you could pull it off.
  3. LtBomber1

Idea: Can the cockpit be removed by the internal option "hide HUD"? If so, i would bind it to a key and use 3rd party crosshair...