Libby Fighters Own With Dalton

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Imnuktam, Dec 17, 2012.

1. ExarRazor

uh, no they dont.

ESF's can rip through a lib like a hot knife through room-temperature butter. it happens to me every single day. i try manuevring or getting support from my outfit or friendly AA, but by the time they can scare off the ESf, im long dead
    • Up x 2
  2. road-runn3r

Ha I love these threads where all the bad ESF pilots show up to complain.
    (btw I do kill ESFs all the time with my lib and it's one of the most satisfying things in game to kill these nubs desperate to have a kill)
    • Up x 1
  3. Odin's Beard

trolololololol i love when ESF get so close I can shoot them with the dalton tis lots of fun

• Up x 2
  4. WV17

TOO BLOODY FUNNY HAHAHAHAHA
    • Up x 1
  5. Balm

Is this really a thread about bad pilots being shot down by the BOMBER of a liberator?
    • Up x 2
  6. phungus420

ESFs with rocket pods can kill libs quickly enough; I know I can. ESFs with A2A cannot; it takes at least 4 full clips of the rotary (one mag upgrade) plus 4 or 5 rocket hits to take the thing out. That is much more then 10s because decent lib pilots can turn to give their gunner firing solutions forcing you to make passes. Maybe with the full mag upgrade on the rotary and full time to lock upgrade on the A2A missiles you could do it in three reload cycles; that's still a long time.

I like flying a liberator, and I know what a competent pilot in a lib can do from flying the thing. You think the liberator should be a flying tank, litterally tougher then heavy tanks (takes more rocket pods to kill a lib), that's fine. I think they are way too beefy given the punishment they can dish out on the ground. The only thing that worries me when I'm flying a lib with a gunner I'm on teamspeak with is getting mobbed by multiple ESFs, and staying too long under flak fire from turrets. Even if a dedicated A2A ESF goes after me, I can typically run away and make it to friendly air space in time; only if I've decided to take heavy damage from flak letting my gunner take out a turret or some armor do I really ever feel vulnerable in the thing; and I am not an elite pilot in this game, just decent.

Basically you and I disagree on what is balanced. It's really about the damage those 300 air resource points can do, nothing else comes close.
    • Up x 1
  7. Imnuktam

Everyone acts as if this is a trick you can avoid and you are dying because you are a bad pilots.

If you are behind a libby it points its nose down and poof.

If you are on the side of a libby it tips its wings and poof.

If you are above a libby it rolls on its back and poof.

Its not like everyone is just hovering motionless in air while chasing a fighter and firing. I know libby pilots want to keep their precious OP weapons the way they are but quit lying about the issue.

It is MUCH MUCH easier to hit with than people are letting on. I have been hit by the dalton when I was so far away I could not lock on a2a.

It is ALWAYS a one hit kill and I have NEVER even seen a projectile coming towards me. All you see is the bombers belly and the respawn screen.

Why is it next to NO ONE will ever admit something of theirs is OP until after it has been balanced? A bomber being an effective fighter with a self propelled super bomb you can fly on your back and shoot straight up in air is not balanced.
  8. Wibin

Aww, people figured out how to kill esf's in a liberator.

Power to the libs!

Stop shooting my damn magrider though. Jeez!
    • Up x 1
  9. road-runn3r

Sure, if it's so easy why don't you record a gameplay video (not a montage!) of normal lib gunner gameplay where you try to hit ESF's with the Dalton. Being that easy I DEMAND from you to hit at least 30% of your ESF encounters.

If you do the above and succeed I will join your cause and post 100 threads about nerfing lib guns.

Deal?
    • Up x 2
  10. Imnuktam

I dont care about making videos to appease demanding people that use that as their counterarguement. "picture or it never happened" In my best little kid impersonation voice.

Maybe ask the other bomber pilots that like using this all day, but I dont cater to demanding little kids. For the record there is a video on this same page of someone blasting one out of the sky.

Anyone who spends a good amount of time in the air has seen this weapon abused or been hit by it. Its a bomber, not a belly launching a2a. It should fall to the ground not be launched at such high speed that it doesnt even draw a visual to it on my rig that has every setting maxed out.

I have no problem with these being beasts and hard to take out of the sky. I have a problem with the way they function. It should be a vicious tail gun that other pilots are most afraid of, not a high velocity belly bomb that can be fired in any direction for a one hit kill.
  11. Sifer2

Yeah I see Liberators attempt it all the time. I've yet to be killed by it though since I usually stay above them. Speaking of which the buffs they gave to the Lib versus ESF's in the first update were totally unnecessary, and a large part of why now everyone is demanding the Lib be nerfed. Fact is an ESF kitted out to be AA takes forever to kill a Lib now. Most of the time your better off ramming one to death since at least that is a guaranteed kill. As opposed to needing to chase it across half the map emptying several clips an every missile you have into it before it finally dies. And your likely to get shot down before that happens.
  12. Pat22

You state that the Liberator is not an idly hovering target yet you assume the ESF is?
    If you've opened fire on the Liberator from the side, make sure you're not on that side once he's flipped his belly that way. The ESF has superior speed and agility and can dance circles around the Liberator, as it should.

Every time a Liberator pilot tries to point his belly gun at my Scythe he really just ends up spinning randomly in the air trying to find me while I'm emptying magazines of Hailstorm in between A2A missiles on him.
    Truth is, he'd have been more effective flying straight and letting his rear gunner do his job, but his ceaseless maneuvers to try and point his belly gun at me kept breaking LoS between the rear gunner and me, preventing him from shooting at me.

I've never been shot down by a Liberator's belly gun ( except for that one time I was actually landed for repairs and one flew over me ) and believe me, they've tried.
    • Up x 2
  13. Badname3529.

If you let yourself be shot down by a Dalton as an ESF, you don't deserve to continue flying. A Lib using the default belly gun and flying an air superiority role at high altitude, I can understand, but you have to be unlucky or royally **** up to get hit by a Dalton or Zepher from some guy who is trying to get away from the unavoidable death that is an ESF to the lone Liberator.
  14. Chrysalis

The Liberator is intended to be fat, slow and vulnerable, but devastating to ground forces. It is not intended to even 'hold its own' in air to air, the tailgun is intended to be its main defense against other air.

It's still fat and slow, but it is very much not vulnerable, and the increasing number of Liberators in the sky is very telling of this fact.
  15. Dirkah

that awkward moment when you realize you're a terrible pilot.
    • Up x 2
  16. Major_Catastrophe

Hahaha - Brilliant. Liberator beats ESF with superior tactics ~S~

ESF pilots -The obvious counter is team work. Not Nerfbat.

stop loan wolfing. Lib holds 3 crew. If 3 ESFs can't take down a Lib even using this tactic then you have no skillz.
  17. Dirkah

That's because a2a missiles are intended for killing fast aircraft (other fighters) where the rocket pods are the better tool against slow air like libs/galaxies.

Not to say you can't kill it with a2a missiles but it takes much longer than with well aimed rocket pods.
  18. {joer

Yes this. Most people get too close to liberators where they really can't miss you. If you see a lib trying this, approach from below, from the side, or at long range.
  19. Skadi

This.
    • Up x 1
  20. VoidMagic

So wait a Liberator pilot and gunner team, are flying upsidedown and pwnting esf with a single shot low reload weapon...
    Im an esf driver and I say... gg, you do that... you deservie the one shot, plus I'll prolly send you a tell stating that's impressive.