Lets talk about those matrix juke moves and chain headshots....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by entity009, Jul 20, 2016.

1. entity009

I am not the greatest player at PS2 but i can generally hold my own in most fights. I am running into some trouble when I come upon those super players who manage to kill in what seems like 3-5 rounds (at almost any range) and are able to dodge what seems like 8/10 rounds I fire while seeming to actually move very little. Now to be clear these are the same 10 rounds that would kill the non-super players I mostly find. I've gotten to the point where when I encounter these guys I just move to another fight rather than sit there and try to win against them.

The things I really don't understand is how can a player be so accurate while dodging at the same time. Moving really jacks up your CoF and at the ranges that this is happening I just dont understand how they can hit every round. How is it even possible? When firing while moving the CoF alone would not allow you to land every hit. The dodging that is confounding me seems to be almost always some combination of backward movement and very rapid side to side taps that just seem to weave right though gunfire. They do this while returning fire that has a very high hit rate and (from their stats page) is made up of around 30% headshots.

The difference between these guys and normal players is phenomenal. When I get the drop on a normal player I shoot and they die. When I encounter the super player in the same situation I will land a few rounds only to have them spin around, dodge fire like Neo (making very short rapid jukes) and return 3-5 rounds which all hit me while I am also dodging. I will lose to these guys every time, even if I sneak up on them and open up aiming at the high chest/head area.

Someone please explain to me how this works.
    • Up x 1
  2. D4rk50ul

Probably space magic or latency issues.
  3. Daigons

Plus a little dash of 3rd party tools.
  4. Garedar

Disclaimer I suck at this game. But its my own fault. After all i **** mines and fly a wet paper bag they call a tank.
    Confession I had a few occasions I knew my end of the game was like a direct drive shaft connected to the server. Everything was real time and felt like it was .2 times faster than other players. its pretty dam obvious when the game is like that.
    Observations If I never ever stop moving doing things almost as fast as i can my shadow does not not have time to catch up. I think they call it your ghost. Sucks for them but not for me.
  5. dugital

people are very good. they probly only use one weapon and have learnt its recoil patterns. or its latency it is planetside run behind wall for cover die behind wall in cover
  6. Diggsano

yeah...try to learn a random generated recoil/spread patterns....

this is no CSGO here just saying^^
  7. VAHU

As much as I would like to believe this is possible. What OP outlines makes this a complete impossibility.

You can't hipfire AND move because your CoF is seriously messed up as a result making you miss more shots than you land and if you ADS your mobility takes a hit causing you dodge pretty much nothing.

I am posting in this topic because these "Neos" have some explaining to do as to how they can strafe everywhere and still headshot people to their deaths.
    • Up x 2
  8. Gundem

As a player holding top-10 worldwide accuracy stats on some of my weapons, I can assure you that killing players rapidly while moving is indeed possible, though very difficult.

My question comes from their insane dodging abilities. I've played quite a few arena shooters in my day, and I understand the concept of ADAD dancing as well as the next guy.

But somehow, a player such as myself, with a 45% accuracy rating on my GD-22S, can rail one dude with headshots and not even get hit, but for another dude, they wiggle in such a weird way that it seems like my bullets curve around them and I can send half my magazine down range and they might loose half their HP.
  9. JKomm

There are a lot of weird quirks in games which "pro" players tend to exploit to their advantage, more often than not this isn't an issue of them being good, just moving in such a way where hit detection becomes unreliable. I quote "pro" because most of these players don't stand a chance when you can actually hit them, they just exploit hit detection in order to win... I'd also classify them as try hards.
  10. entity009

I did a little reading......some of it on these forums actually.

There are several very common "scripts" that people run. There have even been debates over if they violate the "rules" or not. There are many people who think that it does not violate the rules and use them. I am convinced that there are many players using them. There is one that is called an "evasion" script which activities a movement pattern that makes you almost impossible to hit by holding a button. There is another that regulates your gunfire to negate CoF bloom. There is another one to automatically use stim kits. There is another that autofaces incoming fire....The kicker is that there are people who consider these to be legit and fair.

I am sorry guys but if you are you using this **** you are a pathetic cheater. Whats the point in cheating like this in a skill based game? You win like Eric Cartman at the Special Olympics, it means nothing.
    • Up x 4
  11. VAHU

You...You have got to be pulling my leg here...this just.......
  12. Valthis78

I hope like hell you don't really believe this.
  13. VAHU

The reason I do is because I may have met such people ingame myself.

Here's how my story goes.

A random day just like any other I found myself on scarred mesa defending it. At this point someone starts playing random music over prox chat for the next 5 minutes or so.

Intrigued I throw this next question over yell: "How do people manage to play music for so long over prox...doesn't your finger hurt from the stress?

The response I was given was as follows: [my IGN]new.ru. Obviously you're new. He's using a script to emulate the hold of a key (He even told me how it was done but you don't need to know)

Now at this point I felt challenged and decided it would be fun to throw this next line as comeback, because I grew to bloody hate the person talking to me: "So in other words, you're botting"

He then proceeded to insult me about how little I knew about scripting and the Internet overall, nothing I care to remember mind you. The issue here is that those people do exist (at least in my experience) and how the act of automating human inputs is "fair and legit" to them.

Can someone tell me if DBG forgives the use of such things?
  14. Haquim

Why wouldn't he?
    Except for the "autoface fire" one every example is extremely easy to do....

Remember back when people would glitch underground when they crouched? There were A LOT of people around who ran a script that made them bounce up and down underground, making them quite difficult to kill and basically impossible to headshot.
    If people do this, I have no reason to assume they wouldn't do less obvious things that give them an advantage.
  15. JKomm

People tend to forget how often players use scripts that may be subtle yet give them a massive advantage in just about any online game ever. It may be hard to detect for computer software but to a trained gamer you can easily spot the script patterns in a player. I often wonder if there are masses of players that have a script where if they take damage it activates their ability, usually these players play Heavy Assault for the most advantage, and nothing else. Then again in those cases it's hard to tell if it's script or instinct because that ability is used so often to save someone's life with little effort.

There are a lot of ways to tell who is scripting... usually these players have obnoxious personalities, if they speak it's entirely made up of insults or memes. Watching perfect movement or reaction speed, or the ability to compensate recoil or bloom with (literally) zero effort. The worst part is these people do this in every game, take away their scripts and they will be worthless in a fight... they generally already are, when most of your actions are computer-based you use your brain less, so they use less strategy overall and tend to only focus on killing players and do nothing for an objective.
  16. Haquim

Unfortunately PS2 has so many shenanigans regarding connection, lag etc. that I don't trust my "Gamer eye", as you call, in PS2.
    For example....
    There were a couple months when my combat performance basically dropped from a K/D of about 1.6 to 0.5.
    Then I ran into a MAX that had his back turned... I could aim in peace and pulled the trigger, without worry.... and I saw that, although he was flinching with every bullet, the red "HIT!" marker only occasionally flashed.
    Hitdetection for me was so bad, if 50% of the hits dealt damage I was lucky.
    With things like this happening - how do I tell cheaters from the game messing with me :mad:
  17. JKomm

In your case I can see your skepticism, personally I've never had massive hit detection issues like that unless my opponent is specifically exploiting a movement bug to lessen it. Thing is though, scripts are noticeable, when you play games with relatively little issues unless specifically tampered with you start to see patterns players show. Whether these are skill or script can be determined by the precision of each action and a display of timing and/or a lack of fault. A script will never fail in it's designated action, but even the most professional gamer can.

I'm not saying this is 100% true, but this is the most likely way to determine the legitimacy of your opponent if they are not full blatant.
  18. TheFlamingLemon

I think I have a good example of the "Matrix juke moves" here

19. Diggsano

I say that there is somehow a secret cheesy way, a way that improves the game of a player alot....i do not trust in "god skills", people who have 3.5kdr or above with infantry only....there must be something cheesy, some abusing of game mechanics or else...

It can't be that i am firing with an SMG in the back of a Infantry and he simply turns around and instakills me...

When i fly with jumpjet i have a HUGE Cone of fire...
    It can't be that some Light Assaults fly over/to me and hit every shot in my Head...in flight which i told with huge Cone of Fire...

I can't do that .....another shouldn't neither.
  20. entity009

To be fair i only have heard of the autoface one in 2nd hand conversation. The RoF and Juke script have been discussed on these forums. If you are not a believer simply do a forum search and read the discussions about using scripts. Also google planetside 2 scripts and do some reading. There should be enough info to convince anyone that it is a widespread issue. The most telling thing is the commentary on those pages that often go into detail about the script and using it.
    There is also plenty of discussion about it on redit.