[Suggestion] Lets Talk About Money, Want More Of It?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Foxirus, Jan 5, 2015.

1. salembeats

Reclaimer77, this is his problem, and it's not a problem with the game.

Pulled from his character data -- check the highlighted section on the far right for each given weapon:

[IMG]

He's just yet another casualty of the "KDR-focused mindset" -- People who play extremely cautiously in order to maintain a KDR, even at the cost of not being very useful in an actual fight.
    His KPH delta hovers around at a "D" grade for most infantry weapons when compared against others.
    At its most extreme, he gets only a little more than 6 kills per hour with the Solstice. (!!!)

You can further tell that he stays in a "safe" and useless spot most of the time by the ridiculous number of shots he takes to slowly acquire each of these kills:

[IMG]

Yep that's right -- 67 shots taken per kill.
    For many weapons, thats a little more than two entire magazines.

To the OP, to solve your issue:

You just need to get out there and take more risks in an attempt to be more relevant when you play.
    The main reason it feels like an extreme grind for you is that your rate of killing people is less than average.

Your ~20KPH with infantry weapons results in only one Auraxium medal per 58 hours of gameplay with a particular gun.

A player who has gotten good at infantry combat, by contrast, racks up ~60KPH, which is about one auraxium medal per 19 hours of gameplay.
    Playing for only maybe an hour in the morning and an hour late at night (8.3% of any given day, leaving you 91.7% of your day for sleep, work, and your "life"), that's a medal after a little over 2 weeks.

-Salem
    • Up x 1
  2. Foxirus

Actually I was simply pointing out you are not as bright as you try to make yourself seem, especially considering you always -sign your posts when you have a profile picture that clearly states who you are. I am not even going to quote the other post you made, Because its you attempting (also probably trying to get the thread locked by being off topic) to show that BR is a representation of ones skill, Its not. Every player in this game, No matter how good or bad they may be, WILL reach BR100. Even if they never improve at their level of skill, They WILL reach it, The only difference is the speed at which they will reach it. Nothing more.

Now back on to the topic you seem to try so hard to avoid by editing out my posts talking about it. If you don't like my way of doing things, Lets see your ideas. How about you post some suggestions on what they could do to make money, that would not be their current attempt at trying to get people to buy chargers.

So you don't like my idea, You have made that clear. If you don't have any other ideas to build upon or show what you would do that would be better, Do not bother wasting my alert spaces by replying to this post.

Remember this, If they do not make the money they want to make, Things are only going to get harder for the Free To Play users. They are going to start taking away free player benefits, slowing down cert gains, making the game overall more of a grind. You need an example? Look what happened to your daily certs. This is not a subject people can keep avoiding, and if I have to play the greedy person who people think wants to buy their way to everything, So be it, I will do just that.
  3. Foxirus

I don't need to quote the entire picture, But I actually have a main not associated with my forum name for this exact reason. Though.. That site has me interested and I will search up my real characters stats, Just to see what my grades would be. You could not be more wrong. In majority of the battles, I am the one who is taking risks, running from the spawn room to kill people when we get camped, Rushing the point head first to start the charge. You may think you pulled the right character data, But you could never be more wrong. Unless of course you believe someone can only have one character, Then I am just going to laugh.
  4. salembeats

Like I mentioned in my most recent post:

Get good at actually killing people with weapons, and you'll have an auraxium gun in around 2 months while spending only 8.3% of any given day on playing Planetside. If you even enjoy playing the game, it shouldn't be too tough to muster up that kind of playtime -- hell, you've spent more time than that just whining about the game in this thread!

I can't be certain how many characters you have, but I can say this for certain:

EITHER:

A:

Your kill rate with your other accounts isn't much better (supporting that there's nothing wrong with the system and that you need to just kill people more quickly and stop complaining),

- OR -

B:

Your kill rate has improved over time (supporting that players improve with experience, meaning that the auraxium guns represent something worth celebrating, as practice correlates with improvement).

Pick your poison, amigo.

-Salem
  5. Foxirus

I am talking about how SOE can make more money and keep the game supported so that you free players don't lose anymore of your benefits. Though, because I did end up looking at your stats in your signature, I can see that you probably already have everything unlocked and don't really care about the free players having a harder time. This is the only explanation I can find as to why you have continually avoid my challenge to you suggesting how YOU would do things. How would you pick a way for SOE to make money that would be better than them trying to monetize the implant system.

As for picking a poison? Lets go with B, It works in my favor.

So you are trying to say that if I buy the gun (and in the progress help support SOE and you as a free player) that is otherwise an unlock for grinding, YOU and anyone else who goes the free route to unlock it can't celebrate? That sounds like a personal problem to me. It also sounds like you are trying to cling to the fact you need objects to show your competency at the game. I feel kinda bad for you.
  6. salembeats

I've been telling you that the entire purpose of these guns is to retain experienced (BR100+) players in order to keep them playing the game. These guns are late-game content. Complaining that it takes a long time to reach them is pointless -- just as pointless as it would be to complain about how long it takes to reach BR100.

Retaining players is always good for business, since a given percentage of players will inevitably buy things after enough repeated log-ins.

If you allow people to buy the guns in order to bypass the accomplishment they're meant to represent, you remove the meaning and value behind these guns, meaning that these guns will be entirely useless for retention purposes.

You can't just buy a Purple Heart, for example - it's significant because you can only accomplish it through valor. This scarcity and specific meaning gives it all of its value. If you could earn a Purple Heart either through valor or by spending $2,000, it would tarnish the meaning of the medal.

It's similar with these auraxium guns, although the particular meaning is obviously different.

As much as you hate to admit it, experience (or "practice") correlates with skill development, so that a large amount of practice is something worth celebrating. Denying this is simply wishful thinking -- You don't want practice to be an important factor in skill development, because you don't feel that you have much to spare. The result is that you're starting with a misguided premise built on wishful thinking ("practice and skill are not related") and retroactively trying to create support for your biased belief.

I've tried to simplify it to as few words as possible, so that you'll actually read the entire post and understand it thoroughly this time.
    Do you get it yet?

-Salem
  7. MrNature72

I bought the Railjack. Now I feel cheated by the Moonshot :C
  8. Foxirus

Okay then, So why don't you tell us a way that SOE can go to pull in money. Because the current route they are going with monetizing implants is not going to work. If they don't get it right, Only the free players are going to be hurt. You have already lost your daily certs. I get and understand WHY you don't like my idea, I told you that probably 3 posts back, But you did not read it otherwise you would have seen that I see what your saying. If the high ranking players don't get their bragging tools, There is a chance they will quit, which would be a zero chance of SOE getting money.

And I am saying that if the grind is made any harder for new free players, They will quit and SOE will lose even more money. The number of new players versus high ranking players will always be higher, Thus the chance of making money will be higher banking on the new players.

We could even say that the high ranking players are even less likely to spend money. Once you reach that point in the game, You have pretty much unlocked everything with certs. There is ultimately no reason to spend money on the game outside of buying the occasional cosmetic, even then because cosmetics are given freely through the directive system you already have probably grinded out.

If you want to really try to stop my argument, Show me some ways that would get SOE money without making the game harder for new players. You can say that implants are a negligible change, But tell that to all the liberators and ESF's I have killed on their own landing pad because my T3 stealth implant stopped me from being detected on their radar systems.
  9. salembeats

You can't buy fast-lane access to full continents (where all the battles are happening) with certs or SC -- you can only maintain this with a recurring membership.
    Similarly, you can only unlock your full set of loadouts with a recurring membership, and you don't get to keep this set when your membership lapses.

Your perspective that "there is no reason to spend money on the game past a certain point" is only that -- a personal perspective, judged through your own sense of monetary value.
    The only things you're really excited to spend money on is directive guns, but that doesn't mean that others share this perspective with you.

Everything you said after the word "because..." implies that these players were even looking at their minimap to begin with. It's extremely difficult to measure the effectiveness of stealth, since you don't know for certain who might not have noticed you anyway. If they were sitting on their landing pads, it's very likely that they were AFK or heavily distracted in some manner. Real life comes into play -- For example, I have a cat to chase away from my computer cables, a daughter to yell at when she does something bad, and a girlfriend who likes to come in to talk about something while I'm playing. Other players have those same kinds of distractions, and those types of things seem like more likely causes than a T3 stealth implant, to me. ;)

-Salem
  10. Foxirus

If you read the first page, Its not many, But four people would be ready to go with my suggestion. Yet again, You completely avoid the topic of SOE making money without wrecking the free players. Do you not care if it gets harder for them? Do you not care if they quit because they feel its becoming pay to win because chargers only drop once in a blue moon now?

You love to argue, But you seem too cowardly to try suggest your own ideas of how they should go about making money. Why do you even bother replying if you are just going to avoid the topic? Is it because you are too afraid you might damage your image on the forums?

As for what I am excited about spending money on? Anything that spikes my interest. If I think I'll have fun with it, Ill put money on it (Its even easier to do this when you know its supporting the game you love).

Also give me a moment and Ill show you something with that fast lane comment.
  11. salembeats

You have 4 players who liked your suggestion, compared to 11 who liked the first post which was critical of your idea.

In other words, judging solely from "post likes" towards the beginning of this thread, more people would be opposed to the idea and would feel that it would detract from the game.

-Salem
  12. Foxirus

Those were more so directed towards the cost. I bet you if it was lowered to the regular 1000 SC cost for the directive guns, Those 11 likes would be in my first post. But, I suggested it so high so that it still had SOME bragging value to those who grinded it. I was thinking about people like you, believe it or not.

As for your fast lane comment...

[IMG]
  13. salembeats

This is what those 11 people liked:

^ As you can tell, it has nothing to do with the price, and everything to do with the idea of devaluing a ceremonial weapon by removing its meaning.

Instead of meaning "this person has lots of practice with this type of gun" (which, as I demonstrated before, correlates with a person realizing his potential for skill and effectiveness), it would then mean "this person either has lots of practice with this gun, or he simply wants to look as though he does."

Right now, fighting alongside a bunch of soldiers who have auraxium weapons inspires a degree of confidence, as you can tell fairly quickly that they at least have some experience and dedication under their belt, and have been provided the opportunity to become very skilled with their weapons of choice.

You're recommending that we remove that, simply to make a quick buck that would end up pissing off more players over the long term.

From the extremely short wait time and the notification icon in your toolbar (which given the circumstances is likely is a notification asking, "Warp to Indar?"), it seems safe to assume that you've got a nice little screenshot of an anomaly in how estimated times are displayed.

It doesn't really matter, since these times are only estimates.
    I've had it take less or more time than what the timers suggest, as many have.

If you're suggesting that non-members get access to full continents as quickly as members do, you're quite mistaken.

-Salem
  14. WarmasterRaptor

So you want SOE to allow people to buy achievements rewards now?

Well, in a sense, why not?

Those putting more money in the game helps in keeping it alive, running and updated.

But, somehow, I also find it wierd to allow a shortcut to an achievement with a direct link with dedication normally...

So, in short, I'm 50/50 on that...
  15. Foxirus

Yes, this was my idea to stop them from monetizing implants. I made the suggestion rather expensive so that most would not do it, They would instead "earn" it. I am doing this because as it stands now, SOE is only making it harder for the new players. It wont matter to people who have already hit endgame.

There is nothing stopping you guys from suggesting your own ideas. However, Sitting around and doing nothing is not going to make things better, This is my movement to push the conversation. Unlike most, I do not care if I become vilified from it. If that is what it takes to get the gears moving, I will be that villain.
  16. salembeats

Posting in this thread isn't going to "make things better" either (ignoring whether things even need to be "made better" in the first place).

-Salem
  17. MetalCotton

I support the OP's idea. Nothing more here, move along.

-MetalCotton
  18. nightbird

50$ for black camo? yes please
  19. Foxirus

If even one dev looks at this thread, Its made them think. Even if its not in favor of it, my thoughts were still heard. In the end that is my ultimate goal.
  20. vincent-

Hey soe I got a good idea for you guys to make crazy money. Fall back to that old idea that swg did with the card game. Give us a mini card game like that was and add in all those friend invite items as random drops. Easy cash right there.