[Suggestion] Lets kill the hacker paranoia

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cinc, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Cinc

Alright, so i just read the tenth thread talking about "Hackers... EVERYWHERE!" so i decided its time to FINALLY kill these stupid doomsdayers

/prove them right

Put simply, right now, we cant tell a good player from a hacker. This is because its fairly usual to not even see whos killing you, do to our pathetically low TTK. I could be being killed by someone from max render distance or he could be 5 feet behind me, and theres no way for me to even remotely tell the diffrence.

Therefore, the solution is obvious

1 - NO kill cams. NONE.

Just had to get that one out of the way.

2 - add roughly how far away my killer was to the death screen

While this one dosent immediately tell us wether or not someones hacking, when combined with the idea below it can help tell an obvious aimbotter from an actully skilled player. However, note how i said "roughly". I dont mean say "you were killed by a guy 26 meters from your postion to the north-east". I mean say "you were killed by a guy between 1 - 20 meters away", or "20 - 50 meters", or "50 - 100 meters", and so on and so forth. If, for example, this tells me a guy sniped me with a pistol from 100+ meters, before i couldn't of told wether he was right behind me or aimbotting from a ridge on the other side of the hex.

3 - Tell me how many shots hit me, out of total shots fired into my general area, in the death screen

This one is simple - if someone from 50+ meters shoots 7 shots, all of which land within 5 or so feet of me, and all 7 of them hit (and with them all being headshots to boot) its pretty obvious thats an aimbotter. Before, i couldn't of told if we was right behind me and only hit with half of his shots. Also - if he fires 14 shots, 7 hit me, and the other 7 hit the guy right besides me, feel free to tell me about that as well.

And... i actully think thats it.

If you can think of anymore, feel free to add, but this will honestly be able to tell us whos a hacker and whos not practically immediately. "Oh, so this 1 guy killed me and all 3 guys besides me from 100+ meters away with 100% accuracy. Ya... report"

If these 2 ideas make it in, the only anti-hacker measure left to fix will be SOE.
    • Up x 1
  2. iller

/rabble rabble rabble....

Actually... y'know that Burstfire ACC check might be a great idea. So long as it's never recording during their "Stats dumping" dry-rounds. .... hmm, that sounds kind of dirty but I'm not sure how else to rephrase it, lol. But FYI, Dev-Scripting wise, I believe that would require a loop function similar in scope to the "Spotting Cone" to accurately measure this.

PS: Occlusion needs to be moved Server-Side also... so long as ESP is superior to Aimbots (*excluding NoSpread) for experienced players, it's going to be the only anti-infantry hack they'll ever need considering the awful base design