Lets get something straight - Tank Mine nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LanceHavenbay, Apr 10, 2013.

1. LanceHavenbay

Tank mines no longer detonate under stationary objects.
    Hey guess what?

Now, instead of me getting the kill/experience, you get the grief points associated with blowing up the sunderer for me at my infantry resource expense!

Nerfing the tank mines never fixed the Q.Qs of people who complained about tank mines being placed under vehicles. AT mines with timed charges have existed for a long time, in real life. Hell, some could even be thrown like a Frisbee. o_O Far before the future of Planetside 2.

To top that off, by nerfing tank mines, all you did is make the same effect less meaningful to both sides. I no longer get a large chunk of exp, you get to live with yourself for causing the battle to be lost. ;)

If an engineer reached your sunderer, you have two options:
    Try to drive away = blow up.
    Shoot the tank mine = tk all your friends and your sunderer.

Now, to be even more precise:
    I'm still winning the battle now that your spawn is down. Cost me resources, but it cost you the war. Same as before.

Now, imagine that you have new players who freak about because they just tked a vital asset. gg for them.

Same applies to c4. Except, well. C4 is just a freaking pain in the *** to plant on heavily defended assets. I have to fly on top of a roof, parkour through a tree, fly above the sunderer, place my charge... place my other charge... press the detonate button. Hope to god that the guy who saw me doesn't shoot me. That tanks do not shoot me, that libs do not bomb me, that prox mines do not kill me, that a guy who just spawned with a shotgun does not see me, that the sunderer gunner does not see me.

Oh wait. That sounds too easy. So lets nerf them. Right? You may have limited my c4ing abilities. But I'm still going to give your teammates every single opportunity I can to get grief points.

Maybe if people would stop crying about "poor game mechanics" and actually take the time to defend their stuff, like I do. :p

The first part of the video is me sneaking up on a sunderer from a... not as expected direction. Almost get caught.
    The second portion is my 8th attempt to book it out of the bio and make it to the sunder. I made it on the 5th try by flash grenading the enemies and taking a leap of faith. But hey, guess what? Enemy LA killed me just after I placed both c4 charges but before I had time to press the trigger. /gg After more failed attempts, I just tankmined that baby landwhale.

Bring back the old tank mines. Your 'nerf' solved nothing, it just added embarrassment for the sunderer side and mixed feelings for the attacker's side.

-When I record, I have a delay. Playing, I fired before the guy. On camera, it was after.
  2. LonelyTerran

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Thardus

The nerf solved plenty. Made people stop whining.
  4. Badgered

The changes are unfinished. Higby said on Reddit a few weeks back that they would no longer detonate if hit by other explosives; they'd just be destroyed. He also said that Engineers were going to be able to disarm them. The cheesers have a little longer to abuse mines, but they will be fixed soon enough.
    • Up x 1
  5. Tobax

Not really since nothing changed.
    • Up x 1
  6. LonelyTerran

7. Flarenza

Now they just need to work on fixing it where a mobile spawn is better than the stationary ones.
  8. BalogDerStout

Soon the whiners will have their indestructible sundie farms like they always wanted and the mere act of rolling up and hitting "deploy" will mean the downfall of a base, as it should be.
    • Up x 3
  9. Zaik

it's a "for show" nerf, like what they did to shotguns.

as posted above, it'll eventually be fully fleshed out, atm it's band aided like stopping deconstruct. bads will stop using tank mines because omg nerf ruined forever, competent people will still use it like nothing even happened.

you can still toss a concussion grenade at a sunderer, slap two c4 on it, and shoot it with a dumbfire rocket before the concussion effect ends. blockade armor keeps it from being an instant kill, anything else(including mineguard) = free exp.
  10. LameFox

I've had people drop mines on my vehicle and had time to move away before they armed. So, it does something. Mind, that had mineguard on it anyway, but still.
  11. Thardus

But it's taking a while for people to catch on. ;)
  12. Beartornado

Why the heck would explosions disable the mines?

If anything explosions should have no effect on the mines since engineers can disarm them. At least that way if I put mines up in a heated vehicle battle a stray explosion won't set them off early.

I was gonna be fine with the mine nerfs if we could at least set up proper minefields but if I can just blast them out of my way in a tank then why the heck would anyone ever bother placing them?
    • Up x 2
  13. FnkyTwn

The only thing nerfing Tank Mines has accomplished is that it's
    allowed the whiners to focus all their efforts on getting C4 nerfed.
    Why not though, cause it keeps working for them.

Upcoming Nerfs:
    -C4
    -AV Turret
    -HA Shields
    -LA JumpJets
    -SMGs
    -Assault Rifles
    -LMGs Ammo Capacity
  14. Flarenza

Mines not going off from explosions is a very bad idea... Tank mine blows up and takes out the whole field while the others do no damage.