Let us disable the glow and mist on high graphics quality

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gheeta, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Gheeta

As the topic states i would like to see options to disable glowing and mist in high graphics quality. At the moment i have to play on low because i can not stand the glowing and mist which make seeing anything extremely hard. Sad thing is that playing on high does not effect my frame rate any way but i'm still forced to play on low settings.

So what i'm asking is more precise in game settings which lets us disable the mist and glow.
    • Up x 3
  2. Wezdor

This. Give us an option to disable Glare and Bloom. They are horrible.
  3. FnkyTwn

I got a new video card a while back and was so happy to crank the graphics up to high..
    and then quickly realized how terrible they were when you're trying to find and kill others,
    especially at night. It's really just dumb and shows that SOE doesn't play their own game.

So now i'm back to medium graphics because it's not terrible. I've never seen a game that
    punished people for using high graphics settings. You'd figure it would be the other way.
  4. LT_Latency

Yeah the effects they use are stupid. I went back to meidum as well. Or high with lots of stuff turned down

The night blur effect is lame.
    The bloom effect sucks especially at night
    Same with the shield effects. Sometimes there is so much shield effects when I am shooting an enemy solider at night i have no idea where he is anymore

If anyone knows how to turn this crap off that would be awsome
  5. Tona

I actually rather like the effects, its the people what switch to lower graphics to avoid them to have an "edge" that are annoying.

I want weather and effects of the like to be a mechanic that influences fights since soldiers in real life and fiction fight weather and conditions too. Granted it should be tweaked to not be as over bearing as it has been, but to outright just have sunny days and clear nights 24/7 would be kinda boring.

That's my realism side talking though. My inner gamer though can completely understand having ease of vision.
  6. Bill Hicks

agree, my pc can handle medium pretty decently but I keep going back to low settings because I hate the misty look.
  7. Paqu

I've been using high/ultra settings since december. Bloom is off tho since I dont like that effect at all in any game.

Sure I might die time to time because I didn't either see the enemy or I lost track of him in a firefight, but who cares. I dont want the game to look like its from 2005.

I use NV scope for the night time and normal on day. Works just fine and I can enjoy good looking game in the process.
  8. IamDH

Yeah i'd like this option too but.....
    Isn't high graphics without all that fancy stuff just...medium graphics?
  9. Gheeta

I just realized back in alpha / tech test we had a command which turned off all the fog in the game and it actually improved you performance as well. All this could be done just by writing /fog off in the chat. :<