[Suggestion] Let Jetpacks Burn!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Urzus, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Urzus

So, I was looking trough the "Higby says LA getting some love" thread, and looking at the various suggestions for a LA "F" class ability it suddenly occurred to me; we have JET-packs yes? So perhaps the LA special ability should be afterburners! :)

I mean, you will always be going mostly up, (with jump jets), or mostly forward, (with drifter jets), so in that case, hitting F, or the "Class ability" button, would give you incredible acceleration at the cost of severely reduced control, while at the same time burning fuel fast.

It might also, to balance it more, include a cooldown on fuel regeneration, the length of witch could be based on how long you where "burning", so to speak.

This also has the benefit of probably not being to hard to implement, as I´m guessing the difference between the two jets we have is simply numbers, and this ability would just be a short-term, though drastic, change to these numbers.

-Urzus

PS: Yes its a cheesy title, just could not help myself :p
    • Up x 1
  2. Rodinvac

I like it.
    Unfortunately Icarus JJs did not make it into the game after the closed beta, but they were great when you needed to get somewhere high. With this ability a LA can choose to have standard horizontal/vertical thrust or to get very high altitude but at a penalty in horizontal movement and fuel regeneration. A large flame and smoke effect could even be added, so that there's the extra drawback of reducing stealth, while looking cool.