Launchpad Installation is very System Intensive

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Compass, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Compass

I've tried Launchpad with several SOE games.

Whenever there is an update, the game appears to install very slowly (less than 5 mb/second) and reduces performance of the entire computer. At one point last week, a Ctrl-Alt-Del literally hung my computer for 2 or 3 minutes at a black screen before I could retake control.

For testing, I am installing DCUO, and performance decreases are noticeable.

Via Resource Monitor, Launchpad is taking up to 25% processor (full core), 8mbps write speeds to a variety of files, and up to 22mbps download.

Any advice/help would be appreciated.

Anti-virus real-time checks are temporarily disabled as well. Hard drive defragged already.
  2. TomoB

Same here, whenever there are these small incremental updates for some reason my desktop PC turns into a snail even if CPU is barely 30% utilized. At first it almost completely froze my PC but disabling Avast seems to help a bit, but still doing anything else while PS2 is updating is PitA because everything works so slowly. What's up with this? The weirdest thing is that my much more weak laptop doesn't mind PS2 updates at all and works as well as always. Desktop has 64bit Win7 Ultimate and laptop 64bit Win7 Basic/home/whatever.