launchpad 4-503 & 4-0 error

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by miash, May 14, 2017.

1. miash

I've been having this issue for the past few days (since the most recent patch), every time I start the launchpad I get 4-503 error, if I start it as admin I get 4-0. I noticed that there are 3 duplicates of gameLaunchCefChildProcess.exe and ending two of them fixed the launchpad the first time (while launchpad was still running) but not anymore.
    This is very strange, here are a list of things I have already tried to no success: 1. run the game with my antivirus disabled 2. reset internet option 3. checked proxy settings (I am not using any proxy settings) 4. deleted cashe files in launchpad.lib 5. downloaded and reinstalled the games launchpader 6. deleted all the appdata files related to day break 7. installed all windows updates 8. deleted the gameLaunchCefChildProcess.exe file from the planetside 2 folder. Please help, this is driving me crazy!
  2. miash

issue resolved, if anyone has this issue its likely related to steam, I had the game installed through steam, and once I completly uninstalled it first, then installed the standalone version everything worked. (previously i only installed the standalone while steam still had a copy of the game, seems silly to me now)
    • Up x 1