Launcher goes black when I attempt to laucnh the game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Cataclysm, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Cataclysm

Well, basically what it says on the tin - I try to launch the game via steam as I usually do and the launcher pops up like it usually does, stays normal for a few seconds while it tried to pull up the latest update information and then goes immediately black. Task Manager says it's still running, verifying game cache via steam solved nothing and everything google brought up when I tried finding an answer was about a problem with the DNS from July. Since none of my outfit mates are having this problem I don't think it's the DNS, but then again none of them are trying to log in from Israel.

Any suggestions?
  2. user300115

Sounds like a DNS problem in a manner that you seem to be circumventing the DNS system. Are you sure you didn't tamper with your hosts file in %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\?
  3. Cataclysm

Had a few lines in the hosts file from the DNS screw-up in July, but I placed #'s before them (making them in-file comments rather than list entries) and saved and still nothing.

EDIT: Aww hell, looks like i missed a couple of lines. Well, I #'d all of them and it now works. My own damn fault, really. Lock this thread, it's fixed.
  4. user300115

5. R1N4

Hey,

first i have to say I'm not a pro with PC's. What ever, i can't find such entries in windows/ system32/ drivers/ etc/

my launcher turns black. I've changed nothing on my side, never. Reinstall?

Some official statement to this problem would be nice. Because I'm a customer who has a Problem thats not created on my end. I'm a little bit angry having this problem since 14th of Feb.

thx
  6. R1N4

EDIT: If i try to reinstall (run the downloaded file PS2_setup.exe) the same sh... thing happens. DX is installing, after that the launcher try to open, than turns black. :mad:
  7. user300115

If you never changed your hosts file then it might be a DNS problem. Try this one and reboot:
    • Up x 1
  8. R1N4

Wow, that helped! thank you sir! :)
  9. user300115

Thank you for your feedback. This way you help others aswell.