Lattice Enhancement Suggestions?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Patooie, May 29, 2013.

1. Patooie

Despite my suspicions that the same 5 guys will post here "Remove it" I'm rather enjoying the improvements that the lattice has made to bring some large and fun battles over contested points. In another thread though I did read there is the potential that by limiting the touch points we run the risk of these "same" battles becoming stale.

I wonder if there are suggestions to improving or enhancing the Lattice system. IMO it does seem an improvement over the FFA we had previously. It does seem a nuclear solution to Ghostcapping if it ever was intended as such (I don't think it was but that was a happy side effect)

To mitigate the risk of the lanes getting eventually stale how about the idea that players would have a mechanism to set up new lanes? (tearing down old ones in the process) This might create some interesting player led "battle lanes" still give predictability and flow control but with more variation possible. Admittedly this is just the seed of an idea but perhaps others in the community have other suggestions on methods to improve the lattice?
  2. Katana

Actual bases.

Funneling people to staging grounds, when PS2 has none [except the crown] is a strange concept.

Maybe less links too. Don't need to link every blade of grass.