Latency problems

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bansheedragon75, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Bansheedragon75

Have have had some really bad latency issues today, and I have no idea whats causing it.
    I have seen both the network and server latency go as high as 1800+ ms.
    Its been happening at random intervals of anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes.

I have tried restring my router and my computer but it had no effect.
    I made absolutely sure that nothing is down/uplodaing on my computer and I am to my knowledge the only one using my connection(unless someone hacked it, which I consider unlikely).

I have run several line quality tests of my connection, testing latency, ping and speed, and they all show everything to be fine.

So my question is this, is it just me that are having issues ore are there others with the same problem as me?
  2. Bansheedragon75

There are some serious lag going on, I'm getting massive lagspikes up to twice a minute now with the server latency hitting 8000+ ms.

I'm on discord with a friend, I seen others complain about lag ingame and after several different line quality tests(ping, latency and speed) that all show my connection to be good, I cannot draw any other conclusion than that the servers hare lagging.
  3. Mr. Thoughtful

Oh good so it's not just me. And i did the whole static ip and port forwarding, still terrible.
  4. Bansheedragon75

Been terrible for me all day, and just seems to be getting worse.