Last Update

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DaredeviL96, Jan 16, 2016.

1. DaredeviL96

Allright i am gonna be so clear when telling this; The updates are done to make the game easier and more joyable for players but this last update made the game a hell for me and probably for the most players.Reduced heavy shield hitpoints,reduced damage distances at some weapons,increasing max BR number and many more like those...

Trust me when i say this; This move was not a good move i don't know why so called ''development team'' making the game harder for everyone but just know this is no good for players! with this update the heavy assault class is now useless and also some weapons too! People are playing this game,giving an afford to earn 1000 certs for every damn thing and then this comes,the weapon you gave your hours to buy is completely useless!!

I want everyone to think about this,think how much this last update gave damage to players! and i hope the ''development team'' gets the message and turn things to back...

TRDaredeviL96
  2. DooDooBreff

is this what "taking the piss" means?
    • Up x 3
  3. PatateMystere

Give us a re-cert option.
  4. Demigan

Heavies was the most used infantry class, but the other classes have a larger total player base than the Heavies alone. You are basically saying "since Heavies got a nerf now everyone will hate it" which simply isn't true.

Heavies got a nerf, yes sure! Still they retain all their power and potential. Nothing has really changed except that you need more skill to achieve the same. Even so, you still need less skill than other classes in most situations. If you can't handle that and dislike it, then this isn't the game for you anyway.
    Higher BR number? You are complaining about nothing. For lower BR players it changes nothing, for higher BR players who are near/at the BR100 line they suddenly have a higher goal to reach. So these changes do absolutely nothing for the enjoyability, except for maybe those few players who see their "finish line" moved up. But looking at the players who made BR100 their finish line you see that many had to look for new goals to reach, such as farmable KD. Them reaching the finish line caused ennui and a lack of goals for players, increasing that finish line will be better for a larger part of the player base.

harder for the exclusive Heavy-playing playerbase. However, by nerfing the Heavy shields you get a much better definition of classes and their purpose. The larger player base using a variation of classes will have more fun because they won't be at as large a disadvantage when going up against the Heavy.
    Also if you can't take advantage of the 450 extra health the shield gives, alongside your LMG and rocketlauncher, then the problem lies with you and not with the other players. If you can't enjoy it with these changes you needed the crutch and are only now finding out that your skill isn't as good as you thought it was.

Except for Infiltrators, Light Assaults, Engineers, Medics and any player that knows how to handle a Heavy in Heavy vs Heavy fights.

Yeah! It's only got 450 health extra, a bigass powerful LMG that's incredibly useful in both 1v1's and large-scale battles and also a nice rocketlauncher. It's useless, useless I tell you! (/sarcasm)

Yeah! Some weapons balance changes for a better game design is completely garbage!

It's not useless. It's just not as effective as before and now requires you more tactical insight and capabilities rather than using your shield as a crutch.

I hope you get the message and actually think about stuff rather than feeling salty about your crutches being put back in place.
    • Up x 3
  5. OldMaster80

Isn't this forum amazing? One thread to complain that shield nerf was not enough and one claiming it went too far.
    • Up x 3
  6. AxiomInsanity87

Well played.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

No

Insults, friendly banter (friendly context) or taking something too far is taking the piss.

Probably has it's root in the times where piss was needed for tanning and other things.

See "Not even worth his weight in piss"
    • Up x 1
  8. Sulsa

But anyone who plays is a 'player'. Your post makes it sound like only a few will benefit from this patch.
    However in PS2 everyone has access to everything, it all depends on how hard you work at it.

I think I know who you are going to vote for in this election cycle of American politics... (if you are American)
  9. Blippy

This is not a PSA.
  10. The Rogue Wolf

Man, who knew that 300HP worth of shields was all that was keeping anyone playing the Heavy Assault class?
    • Up x 3
  11. DaredeviL96

Just tell me is it really good that they reduced heavy shield hitpoints? I mean after that update i tried playing with a heavy and i realised that i am dieing easily!Heavy is known with it's very strong shields if you take it from that class then what makes this class special?

I respect how some of you do not agree with what i am saying and weirdly get things wrong but it's obvious this update is no good for any player....Just the negative things are more than positive things in this update i just want you all to see it and of course ''development team'' !!!!!!
  12. Iridar51

Yes.
    Learn to play. If anything, I bet you were dying just as easily before the update. Just now you have the update to blame instead of your lack of skill.
    They still are stronger than any other infantry class. Also big *** LMG and big *** rocket launcher.
    • Up x 3
  13. Savadrin

I'm so lost.

Didn't heavy shields get buffed?
  14. XanIves

Resist shield and lower ranks of Adrenaline shield, yeah, but NMG and higher ranks of Adren got nerfed. Resist got a buff because it went from 45 % damage reduction to 40%, but it had its uptime doubled, which is a net buff.

Lower ranks of adrenaline shield have more shield returned upon kills, but the higher ranks of the shield have it lowered, so it's no longer a shield you only use at max rank.

NMG got a straight HP pool nerf, although it may have gotten a slight uptime bonus, which is kinda useless because the point of the shield is to use it reactively, making duration pointless.
  15. Gundem

Duration was never a problem for RS, so it really just got nerfed for all practical intents.
  16. XanIves

For maxed out resist shield, yeah, but for starting players who have to pick between Resist and NMG, this should make them lean toward the more deliberate, slow paced, careful gameplay that the heavy should be geared for, instead of the NMG which allows for more reckless and speedy run-n-gun play. With pre-nerf NMG, you could confidently run around with the knowledge that if someone got the drop on you, the shield would keep you alive after that bust damage so you could take the target out. Resist shield made you more cautious, as you had to keep situational awareness in combat awareness to get the same level of protection as the NMG heavy.

What I'm trying to say is, this is a buff for Resist, because now that players can have it on longer, they will use it more when there is no immediate enemies visible in combat areas, but they know there are enemy forces about, which gives them more protection from flanks and surprise attacks when they do happen. I do agree that the shield as a whole, in one v 1 situations, got a nerf, but when you consider things like point holds, or point captures, or just general movement into areas that you know or suspect there are hidden enemies, the gameplay style the buffed duration offers will make the Resist heavy safer and tougher to take out than pre-nerf NMG when flanked: as long as they play intelligently, not running willy nilly without a care in the world.

I do think that the resist shield, when activated, should let the user sprint at full speed, but have the same movement penalty when walking, in order to keep the ADADAD spam at it current level. Maybe also increase the amount of time it takes to raise and fire your weapon when coming out of sprint, to prevent heavies from sprinting into enemies with shield up.

TL;DR Novice Heavies will be guided into playing in a more cautious, deliberate role, and will hopefully encourage them to play in a more team-oriented role for taking objectives and the such, now that Resist is competitive with NMG.
  17. Azawarau

This is very wrong ..
  18. Taemien

I kinda like the reduced tick rate of the new NMG. It means I can use it preemptively instead of waiting to be hit. And because its up before I start taking hits, I actually die a little less often. Leave it to me to find a way to be buffed by the supposed nerf lol.

Seen a little more light assaults, still a good number of heavies. So to say the game was ruined by the change is just false and wrong.
  19. Drowingpool

LoL Same patches same game same sheit that's been going on since forever.. Every complaint has been said Over and Over. Every Suggestion most likely has been suggested before... Over and over..... Relax, its been this way since forever =) *cough* is it 3 years now Planetside2?

ahhhh its good to be back =)

Drow
  20. CovertYank

Quick tip if you play heavy again.

Don't die.

Nah, you gon' die anyways.