lasher x2 is the worst gun getting yourself weapon locked.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by zhengy4, Nov 12, 2015.

1. zhengy4

after I just unlocked it , I totally regretted it, I got wepon locked more than I have the time to fire it. Is developer turned a blind eye at this lasher gun? don't ******* weapon lock this gun!!!!

so far, I am against any purchase of this wepon, you basically won't get any kills or even harm enemies before it got locked for 10 minutes!!!! wtf developers, you fuxking disgusted me!
  2. LodeTria

Don't shoot friendlies then.
    • Up x 2
  3. Krinsee

9% of my total play time as heavy, have had the Lasher since it came out and I've Never been weapons locked in any of the 613 kills and the gods only know how many assist... Just learn to position yourself so you don't have people strafing in front of you.
    • Up x 2
  4. Shadowomega

Kind of hard when they seems to love to run into the line of fire while Lasher users are throwing down heavy suppression on a doorway, that has half an enemy platoon on the other side of it. I actually see allies trying to run through a door that has 4+ lasher users suppressing it, only to die in milliseconds and whine about getting tked. It's not like they can stop for your stupid decision, besides the result of passing through would have resulted in instant death but to enemy fire.
  5. FieldMarshall

I dont get weapons locked with the Lasher anymore. Last time was over 2 years ago.
    Eventually, you just sort of figure out when to hold fire i guess. Just keep trying until you get a feel for it.

Though i wouldnt mind if they lowered the friendly fire damage on it.
    Or removed friendly fire from the splash damage at least.
  6. Ronin Oni

You really can't, if you stop firing the moment the idiot enters line of fire, the killing shots have already been fired, and will take that long to hit him, and they'll sit there and take ALL 8 shots to the back and you sit there and just wonder how g'damn stupid can someone be while getting 1 TK closer to a weapons lock.

Nothing wrong with the Lasher though. Functioning as intended.
  7. Shadowomega

I was using your, because most people I know on the forum fall into this group of people that will walk right in front people like me suppressing a door with a Lasher.
  8. Daigons

I've never got a weapon lock for my Lasher or any other weapons system, but I've died countless times due to clueless team mates that jump in front of me and prevent me from killing the enemy player who is most likely at near death. I cease fire and we both die from a hail of bullets, grenade spam, a tossed AI frisbee or C4.
    • Up x 2
  9. orangejedi829

Making the Lasher ignore friendly fire, even for just the splash, would open it up to countless exploits. Like, for example, a 'one-way' door that friendlies can go through but enemies cannot.
  10. Taemien

The shots don't do damage unless you hit the target or hit an object near them. With that said, any other weapon would have likely weapon locked you in the same situations. You're hitting your teammates directly unless they are within knifing range of the target. In which case, COF on other weapons would hit them too.
  11. Zombo

that would be extremely stupid, i love my lasher, used it for about one and a half year, and got it weapon locked only once

then again there are some 4th factioners killing my max with c4, and me four times after that, and they can still fire? wtf?

the lasher allready gets beneficial weapon lock mechanics btw, i think the splash damage of it doesn't count as much as every other friendly fire in the game towards a weaponlock
    • Up x 1
  12. Goretzu

It's because of how daftly friendly fire Grief Points are built up in PS2.

So something like a Spitfire with low but relatively fast seperate damage strikes will get you weapon-lock at light speed (even without killing anyone) as it will build up Grief Points per hit, where as someone that blows up a load of people with 1 explosion from C4 may well end up with less Grief Points built up even though they did much more total damage and killed people (simply because it was "one" attack).

This is also likely why the Lasher builds it relatively quickly with splash; relatively low level damage, but potentially a lot of hits and repeated hits.

I sort of understand why it is weighted this way (so a single bad decision doesn't result in weapon lock), but equally it could be weighted a bit better I am sure.
  13. Krinsee

Unfortunately the lock system counts hits instead of overall damage per FF. So Insta-kill weapons get abused to TK by griefers.
  14. Jubikus

Happens with chaingunners too. Its a 2 way street dont run in front of the suppression weapon and at the same time be aware of where you allies are if your spraying into a doorway that has enemys inside you might be preventing your own team from breaching and rushing in.
  15. OldCuban

Learn...to....aim!

That and stop trying to kill people behind walls with it's splash dmg.
  16. Fish225

I will admit that I've shot more friendlies and got more warnings than normal, with the Lasher. But I haven't been weapon locked (on any weapon) since alpha.
  17. HittingSmoke

I've only been weapon locked once and it was shortly after I got the Lasher. It's by far my most used weapon. I get a **** ton of grief points from it but I manage them well enough to not get locked.
  18. Ronin Oni

eehhh, other weapons you fire AT targets, Lasher encourages spam just in an area... it's a suppression weapon and using it properly means just dumping rounds through a door even w/o enemy visible.

The other issue is that the rounds fly SO SLOW that by the time someone runs in your line of fire, you've got enough rounds in the air to kill them. Normal guns, someone steps in front of you, you let off trigger, and you only hit them maybe 3-4 times, often only once or twice. I've gotten TK's using lasher cause someone got in line of fire and I stopped shooting BEFORE they stepped into the line of fire and tehre was literally nothing I could do to stop the idiot from killing himself.
  19. Liewec123

over 900 lasher kills on my VS alt
    (not saying thats alot, but it should show i've spent a fair amount of time using it),
    can't remember ever being weapon locked on my VS at all.
  20. Nepau

I have over 5000 kills with the Lasher.

I have NEVER been weapons locked.

Learn to control your damn fire.