Laser Sight or Forward Grip?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by cQuickInstincts, Dec 23, 2012.

1. cQuickInstincts

Which do you guys prefer? Personally, I'm using the LC2-Lynx. Which would be better for me?
  2. VKhaun

IIRC (and I play TR least so please do correct me) the Lynx's unique strength is that you can move very quickly while aiming down the sights. Playing to it's strengths would therefore mean going for the forward grip to maximize stability when aiming down the sights.
  3. Ipecac

The Lynx is one of our hipfire hero carbines, coming with a very high rate of fire, lower bullet velocity, and the ability to equip an advanced laser sight (a second-tier laser sight bought for another 100c, strictly superior to the base version). Its natural strength is at very close range, which is normally augmented by the advanced laser. If you find the base model good enough at that job or are comfortable ADSing in fairly close combat, you might pick up the foregrip to add some versatility instead.
  4. P149U3

T5 AMC ----- ADV Forward grip - Compensator - HV Ammo -----Best thing is your light assault can use the same gun with any attachments u get for it
  5. RobinTheRude

I would personally go for the Advanced Laser Sight every time. The LC2's advantage is maximum mobility, and to maintain accuracy while running around like a maniac, you need to be able to hipfire accurately. Perhaps not the best style for an Engineer, though. Maybe you should try both; the Lynx's ADS accuracy is not that bad, but it does have some very major horizontal recoil (been a while since I used it, but I recall it pulling to the right quite a bit).
  6. Sev the Samurai

If the Lynx is anything like the Jaguar, the forward grip won't even work for it.
    Biggest waste of cert points ever.
  7. TokyoShoe

What is the actual functional difference between the Laser Sight and the Advanced Laser Sight (for ANY gun, but specifically the Jaguar). Anyone know?
  8. Mazzar

i can only guess a larger effective cone of fire when shooting from the hip?
  9. Erendil

Yep, the Advanced Laser Sight further tightens your hipfire CoF above and beyond what the regular Laser Sight can do.
  10. Soylent

If a gun can unlock an advanced foregrip or laser sight, you know that's what you want to get.
  11. Eric Smith

I use the Adv. Laser Sight with the Lynx, it's a great combo. The Lynx has a very tight CoF to begin with, and the Adv. Laser makes it so tight you can easily strafe back and forth while mowing people down. I've taken down HA's with their overshield up because they can't hit me. I also put a 3.4x scope on it, which gives it decent mid-range accuracy.
  12. Intradas

laser sight for the better hip fire. as an engineer, i mainly run around buildings. so the forward grip isn't really something i benefit from as much as the laser sight. firing from the hip has become quite effective and as a NC i have to burst anyway. the main gun is quite good once you know how to burst with it. it sprays a little, but i don't see that as a con when dealing with multiple people indoors or close by.