Laser Sight + Cloak

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by MajorPayne00, Nov 29, 2012.

1. MajorPayne00

Does anyone know whether laser sight attachments give away your position to the enemy while you're cloaked?
    • Up x 1
  2. Zinus

Hmm i would like to know this too...

You can always disable the visuals by pressing "L" (it won't disable the bonus)... tho i like the lazor on my pistol it looks cool :3
  3. Xandax

From what I've seen - running with a pistol with laser sight - the sight seems to be 'your side only'.
    I've never seen an enemy sight, but I have seen friendlies laser sights.

Dunno if it is just coincidence. But I did manage to run behind somebody when I had laser sight equipped without them spotting me.
    However, I'm not terrible impressed by the 'accuracy' of the sight - seems to be off and not where I'm (generally) hitting - so I removed it again.
  4. Zinus

Well the visuals don't point at the place where the bullet will land anyway (its just a straight line detail on the gun to make it look cool), it only shrinks the cross-air making bullet spread from hip-fire smaller, i really got the certs worth out of it.

edit: but yeah, i was hoping for a "real" laser red dot (instead this visual only effect) that would replace the crossair entirely, that would have been cool as hell :D
  5. Daejin

The laser sight can be seen by enemies. I don't know 100% that it can while in stealth, but I know I can see friendlies while in stealth. (When they have it equipped.) I also know that "turning off" the laser sight will not turn it off for your enemies, they will still see it.
  6. ThElement078

Can someone make a video for this? This would be really disappointing if enemies could see the laser while cloaked
    • Up x 1
  7. Good_Kitty

I would be happy to meet up with anyone in game on my infiltrator. I have laser dots on my weapons. I'm on mattherson.
  8. TekSect

Did anyone take you up on that? This question is still unanswered.
  9. Noctover

Also willing to test this out, hit me up on "Noctover" on server "Miller" if you are interested we'll meet up and find out! Just be either Vanu or TR :).
  10. vampwood

You can see the laser on cloaked opponents and pressing L will remove the laser from your client but its still visible to everyone else, but you still get the bonus.
  11. Flaeb

You sure? I've never seen anyone any red lasers on cloaked infiltrators.
  12. vampwood

Yup confirmed it with a buddy the other night.
  13. TekSect

That seems wrong. I wonder if this is on their list of adjustments because it seems like it might be a bug. Seems reasonable to either have pressing L remove the beam from EVERYONE's perspective or just auto turn off when cloaked. Preferably the latter.
  14. Flaeb

Just did a test with someone, he said he can't see my laser when I turn it off, so toggling is important.
  15. vampwood

Well either they fixed it very recently or we have conflicting results here.
  16. Flaeb

Well I tested it with a random guy, give it another try with your friend. try flickering on and off. Maybe it doesn't register while cloaked so you have to do it while not cloaked. -shrug- Let us know when you get the chance again. :)
  17. Flaeb

Sorry for double post.

I just confirmed the test, EVERYTIME you spawn, you MUST turn your laser on and off to make sure the laser is off, if you respawn with laser off, it will actually be on. To be even safer, I would recommend turning laser on and off everytime you cloak. So yes, people can't see your lasers if done right. Till this bug is fixed, keep turning on and off those lasers.
  18. Caspartine

There's a distance (few meters) where you can see the laser, test it out with your friends, it's actually quite close, so it's not like you'd be spotted across the battlefield. But it's good to keep that in mind when you sneak in CQC.