[Suggestion] Lancers need a nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yosarian, Aug 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Legion494

Ok so let's use your logic, the mini chaingun has a higher rate of fire then any other heavy weapon, THE ISNT BALANCED so let's nerf it to match the Lashers rate of fire, while were at it most of TR's weapons have a higher rate of fire than their VS and NC counterparts so let's nerf TR so it's the same as VS. Oh no were nerfing TR's faction trait, well you wanted the lancers range to be nerfed and long ranger range weapons are VS' trait.
    See how dumb it sounds and if you got what you wanted then every faction would just be a reskin of the rest with minor differences.
  2. lawn gnome

the 750 is generally a lie because of how resists and armor work. the lancer gets some pretty hefty bonuses from the negative resists most vehicles get to it, BUT that being said i don't think there is any scenario where a single lancer will hit an MBT for 2,000 points of damage.
    since when? phoenixes are scary because they can hit you from cover, but i don't remember the phoenix ever hitting my lightning like a decimator does.
  3. TheBand1t

Lancers are annoying and do need a toning down but it's pretty funny considering the OPs recent killboard is filled with HE prowler, HE lightning, and Bulldog spam

Which makes it really hard for me to feel sorry for his 'plight'
    • Up x 1
  4. DatVanuMan

You're back, you crazy son of nanite!:D Asymmterical balance for life:cool:
  5. GaBeRock

nah. All the ESRLs are actually pretty UP, and I say that as an avid vehicle player.
    • Up x 1
  6. Yosarian

It's not like I have a hard time with this game, but I recognize when something needs to be toned down or is out of balance, been playing since early beta.
  7. Yosarian

Phoenix is the only ESL that is about where it should be, it's unique, powerful, but with a drawback that makes it risky, Striker has been nerfed into the ground this is pretty much agreed upon by most of the community even non TR, the Lancer needs it's range reduced to infantry render range, period, all the ESL should be, you shouldn't be able to shoot someone who can't shoot you because of a game mechanic meant to reduce lag that's dumb.
  8. Booface

If you were killed in 2 hits, it was something other than a Lancer hitting you, and either your kill screen glitched or a Lancer just happened to land the killing blow. That, or you have Flashes and Prowlers mixed up. A Lancer can 2-shot a Flash, the first fully charged shot heavily damages it and the second shot kills it. Just to clarify, was the vehicle you were in a tank, or was it a Flash?
  9. GaBeRock

Yeah, I agree with not being able to shoot past render range, but within render range it's sorely lacking compared to the dumbfires or lockons.
  10. Yosarian

tank, coulda been multiple lancers firing at the same time but it appeared to be 2 shot
  11. MrNature72

Okay, while yes you're right it does hit like a decimator, and I'm not going to argue with that, from an old-school gamer, I'd like to just get something cleared up.

Resistance: Damage resistant from the given to target to the projectile.

Multiplier: Multiplier by percentage from the given projectile to the target.

For example, two tanks could have a 50% general rocket resistance. However, a specific "general rocket" could have a 2x multiplier against one tank, and no multiplier against the other. Does that make sense?
  12. Shadowomega

Actually the Lancer projectile does disappear at 600m but only at level 1, at level 3 its 800m but its damage drop off kicks in around 400m to 500m. So total level 3 max damage for a vehicle under 400m is (750x)/y=z X is vehicle type multiplier y is the vehicle resistance value z is total damage.
  13. lawn gnome

to his credit, you can fairly easily fill your kill board with just a couple minutes of HE use in a target rich environment.
  14. quatin

The Lancer needs a range nerf for the exact same reasons the AV turret got nerfed.

A 4 man squad can insta-gib tanks out to 600m without even rendering.

With lock-ons, you get an lock on warning for 3s. With the phoenix, you get a loud screech as the rocket approaches and might even be able to shoot it down. With the lancer, you just get a death screen.

Otherwise, I want my AV turret back with 600m range.
    • Up x 1
  15. NC supporter

I would say lancers are underpowered. Takes forever for a lancer to kill infantry. The charge up time is also incredibly long and basically says kill me.
  16. Frosty The Pyro

yes that makes sense, but no thats not how the PS2 works. There is no multiplier on the projectile. projectiles have a damage type, and its entirely on the the targets resistance to how that damage gets changed. well and armor, which is an additional multiplicitive layer of universal resistance.

sense they changed the phoenix to no longer one shot infantry. before that it hit like a shrike, after like a decimator. still hits air like a shrike though
  17. Goliath Mk2

Instead of multipliers couldn't the weapons use a system like:
    • Damage vs Infantry
    • Damage vs Light Ground
    • Damage vs Heavy Ground
    • Damage vs Light Air
    • Damage vs Heavy Air
    Explosive weapons AOE would only affect infantry and only do 50% of it's total damage against Light Armour (unless it's special).
    Unless multipliers are there for a particular reason (I don't know).
    WHAT!?... what kind of range are you using it at?... why are you trying to kill infantry with it?

I agree that with the whole don't shoot me out of render range bit, but I don't agree with the nerf to the Lancer, perhaps the render range can be pushed up so that render range is the same for everything? or the damage dropoff for the lancer gets steep after 300m?
    • Up x 1
  18. asmodraxus

ok nerf the lancers damage to that of a single uncharged shot is equal in damage to the strikers...

Thought not the damage buff on the lancer would be nice but...

Strikers needs to be able to reacquire a target within x seconds without the rockets going into the upper atmosphere (ie they follow the last trajectory for that time).

Phoenix, better acceleration?

Lancer leave as is.

You got an issue with a lancer squad, find an infil to snipe them = problem solved
  19. Yosarian

Missing the point, render distance, they can hit a tank from so far out a sniper wouldn't render them.
  20. DualDesertEagle

Well there's a simple way to avoid getting hit by it: Take cover and repair ur damn heap of scrap metal if u took damage! Simple as that! Works against any of the AV weapons except the Phoenix! And if u CAN'T take cover make the shooter take cover by shooting where the damn laser beam came from! Eventually u'll get close enough to see and kill him if he's stupid enough to stay in the same spot!

By ur logic the infils cloaking dev would be OP too! They can see u WAY before u can see them and as soon as u stand still for a moment, not expecting anything, u get either killed with one shot or can't spot them after the first shot coz they already activated their cloaking device even before the bullet hit u!

Same rule here: If u survived the first shot (which is unlikely if the infil has a powerful gun) take cover and and have a medic heal u or heal urself if possible! Then slowly approach the spot where u think he is while avoiding his fire!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.