Lag, Rubberbanding, and "Poor" connection [EMERALD]

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by J0hnTitor, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Napsterbater

You traced to the wrong IP/Hostname, the Emerald game server is in VA, USA, the lp.soe.com launchpad server is in Las Vages, USA, two completely diffrent areas of the contry and diffrent paths and completely diffrent servers with diffrent purpsoes.

The router you see with an "issues" (probably actually nothing wrong) is in Los Angeles and most likely you don't go anywhere near it on you way to the Emerald server in VA.

The proper IP to trace to is 69.174.216.21 or 69.174.216.27. post a trace to one of those.
  2. Napsterbater

As posted above:

The proper IP to trace to is 69.174.216.21 or 69.174.216.27. post a trace to one of those during the issue.
  3. Napsterbater

Two thing, one you posted to the wrong IP the proper IP to trace to is 69.174.216.21 or 69.174.216.27.

Two, you have issues on you system/network, your latency to your home router goes from 3-4ms to 60-89ms, that is not a planetside/soe/level3 issue that is your system or your network.
  4. Napsterbater

This is correct

Did you do any programing for the Planetside server or client? If no then you have no idea WTF you are talking about on this point.

EDIT: To clarify yes server load will affect latency, but saying 35ms is too much is BS.
  5. Aaren

We can play the "You-don't-work-for-SOE" card all day long, I could quite as easily say your dismissal is just as baseless considering you yourself haven't provided us with your developer membership card.

However I wasn't suggesting that an increase of 35ms is too much to credit to server load - rather that an increase of that much indicates that servers are underscaled for the level of throughput that they commonly receive. And that it is unacceptable that our game-play varies so wildly because the servers - or the clients they run, are not optimized for the level of players the commonly see.

I know optimization isn't a magic solution to everything, and in reality can only ever be accomplished to a certain degree - but when your servers are overloaded, be it for FTP, HTTP or even minecraft - you buy more/better boxes.
  6. AgentRed

I been having problems with emerald too D:
  7. TroublingRayne

It is because we are using wireless connection, well that is why I am having this problem. I then connected my modem directly to my computer (which wasn't so easy to do) and it worked completely fine, amazing, so smooth. Sadly I can't have it connected as it has to be connected to the computer in my living room.