[Suggestion] LA tools to flesh out the Class

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by SirFrancisGobelcoque, Oct 16, 2013.

1. R3dBeaver

Flashbang.

We have that.
  2. ironeddie

Just give me two more c4, K? Thanks

LA won't get med kits in any form. The devs clearly want us to choose med or c4.

We won't get ammo resupply because that's engi's gig.

I'm not going to talk about dead mans switch.
    • Up x 1
  3. Sandpants

And it sucks.
    • Up x 1
  4. R3dBeaver

So fix it, rather than have more useless toys.
  5. Sandpants

It won't be enough. And there is nothing to fix - it's just how the game works.
    You can flash a bunch of people but the can just spam Q and highlight your name.
    Making the game figure out if you should be able to Q people when flashed seems like an obvious choice, but the effect of flash is proportional, not step based. As there is no threshold which tells if someone is flashed hard and someone else isn't where would you begin stopping affected players from Qing?

And it's the same with smoke, if not harder, because it would be wholly geometric related - can't Q people if the smoke is between you and your Q target.

So, I'd rather have things that work along things that don't work rather than wait till they hopefully fix things that don't "work" right now.
    • Up x 1
  6. oherror

That would be better served for an engineer deployable like a portable jump pad or something to get over a wall. It doesnt really go with what the LA does. As the LA's are now they are fine for what they do and already kick much @$$.
  7. R3dBeaver

cant they hardcode a fix time-limit? if u're affected by Flash, u can't spot people for, say, 15 sec. and all spotted ones disappear.
    hmmm that is tricky.

but ok, I get what you're trying to say.

Just on the General Forum I was recommending getting the adrenaline rush as passive for LA.
  8. Sandpants

Removing Q'ed targets would be a nice buff to flash.

Smokes should just be dirt cheap though. 25 Res is small but considering you get 2 free smokes from the underbarrel launcher which detonates on CONTACT in comparison to the grenade is silly as hell. NVM all the buggy detonation logic where if you throw the grenade to far it wont even activate but if you fire the underbarrel smoke the game tracks the projectile from a hill to a tower.

I'm not against having existing stuff nurtured into something formidable but it's been so long that if they haven't done it before, what gives you confidence they'll do it now?
  9. R3dBeaver

...and smoke.

but the problem is not game mechanics, i think.

it's technical issue.

how does the fog/flash gets rendered? can the game tell if a user is affected by smoke/flash in a certain direction?
  10. Sandpants

I don't know, it sounds difficult. But it's just geometry.

They'd need a global coordinate system, which they prolly have so that the game knows where objects/players are.
    They'd need the positions of each player as their individual player parameters, which they probably have as well.
    They'd need the position of the grenade, again what they should already have.

The issue then is the fog volume. I don't think the game knows where it is. It should know the origin (grenade) but storing how it's spread and its pattern would be a huge memory hog. The game just displays an animation on the client, the only thing the server knows is that there was that event.

It can be done but it will be an approximation, which will feel odd.
    • Up x 1
  11. Sledginius

The only thing a LA is supposed to do is to kill infantry ( no team utility and no tools against armor). It´s odd, that a class that is specifically designed to kill people is considered useless... in a first person shooter.

That´s due to death being no real penalty.

I would like to see an altered revive mechanic. What i really don´t like about it right now is the fact, that someone who has been revived, can wait some time in the respawn screen and then suddenly pop up again. This leads to situations where you have to look after a dead body for an extended period of time, because someone tagged him with his revive tool for a second.
  12. Ttariel

What if LA could go trough shields like a sundy or harasser ?
  13. Iridar51

LA's motto is to go around rather than through. All bases with shields except one have bypass routes that LA can take.