[Suggestion] LA tool/ ability "Hunting Vision"

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Flukeman62, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Flukeman62

when activated with the 'F' key the filter switches into something like the IR/NV scope from battlefield 3 (BF3!!! shock gasp horror i know but just hear me out) but with a blue filter, (instead of green like BF3)

It will have a shorter range than the NV scope (so it wont render the scope useless) and it would NOT reveal cloaked infiltrators. BUT will show normal enemy troops much like thermal vision on a tank.

instead it would reveal where the enemy has recently been by leaving a "heat trail" on the floor (slowly fades from red ( a sign that the enemy has recently been here) and eventually fades away completely (back to blue))
    this would allow the LA to become a "tracker" of sorts leading his team after the enemy and possibly finding where the enemy have run off too.
    I think this ability would preserve the "hunter killer" nature of the class but it also gives the LA a better team-play element.

thank you for listening.
    Flukeman62
    P.S. yes I do love brackets and speech marks.
  2. Iridar51

How would LA lead anyone, if he's the only one with a jetpack? Either his team won't be able to follow him, or LA would have to forfeit using his jet pack. Controversial.

This kind of tool, goggles, would more fit infiltator's nature, if they could infiltrate.

However, predicting your enemy's movements while being unpredictable yourself is a nature of a LA, and I don't see why it should be stupified.
  3. Flukeman62

yes i see your point. but for example if you were about to assault a building and you saw that the enemy's tracks were fresh you could go up through a window, find the enemy and as your squad rushes in you unleash hell from the flank.
    And the "stupification" would be to represent the fact that the Light Assault is probably trained in tracking (this is my opinion as i feel he is more of a scout than a shock trooper) but it would be hard to implement this trait so I feel that this represents it well.
    i know its situational but it would make the light assault be more accepted into larger groups like platoons (where they honestly don't have much going for them... at least not in my outfit)

P.S. infiltrators also already have cloaking bound as their "F key" ability.
  4. Lakora

I can see a use for this tho... Mostly for finding where a Sundy is parked... Keep an eye out for hostiles than activate and follow the trail before it dissipates.
  5. Flukeman62

also the LA can confound tracking attempts by other LAs by not touching anything therefore leaving no trail
  6. Lakora

So when are we gonna get ohk blades along with spearguns and cloak? :p Sry it all just sounds so predatorish.
  7. Flukeman62

THANK YOU!!!!! you just reminded me of what gave me the idea! (seriously no joke)
  8. FlayvorOfEvil

What about the nanosuits from Crysis?