LA has no clear function apart from killing sundies

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wodaz, Jun 16, 2023.

1. The Wolf

The first TTRPGs that DnD got its class system from was Chainmail. There was evidence to support this claim which Chainmail started in 1971. Meaning the class system has been overused and is outdated. Where an inventory system has rarely been used since the 2000's.

No real evidence to support a claim of an classless inventory system. So this isn't a proven claim other than your "word" which I don't believe you until you can provide evidence to support. As well I didn't always run an Engineer, when I ran a tank back in the day I normally ran heavy so I could pop out and finish off whatever I had to. As well no the Archer has a scope and is used in sniping players as an engineer as well it is again taking away from the HA/Infiltrator Class/Role as now I can kill tanks without a Launcher of the heavy. Again unbalanced Class system and more of my point proven.

I never said "I dislike LAs." Now you are just making assumptions. Yes I would much rather have the old inventory system over this horribly dated evolved unbalanced class system. In the beginning every class had a purpose and function. Heavies and Maxes were your anti infantry/anti vehicle. Your light assaults were a quick response team. They could get into walls that heavies and maxes couldn't jump over. Engineers supplied ammunition and could build weapons in the field to gain a slight advantage, as well repair vehicles. Medics were good to have to revive your fallen team mates especially if you lost a sundy. Infiltrators were good to infiltrate or snipe as a scout soldier.

I have doubted anything you have ever said as you never once provided any sufficient information to prove your claim.

The question is do you even know what asymmetric means? Because the balance was playing your equipment to its strength in PS1. Well here is the kicker your equipment could be great close range and bad at distance. That is part of the balance. In PS2 everything is viable close and at distance. That creates an imbalance in functionality. That makes it unbalanced. There is another version of the SAW that is better than the SAW S you start with. That is terribly unbalanced.

DnD can be popular for what it is. Doesn't mean it is the greatest TTRPG of all time. WoW has more numbers than DnD but is still dated.

Apparently you have plenty of time to keep replying here with no evidence to support your claims.

Well you are speaking from an opinion I have been producing facts. There is your difference. Ever heard the saying an opinion is like an a**hole? Everyone has one.

Just an FYI I have an undergrad in Game Design. I can tell you there are a lot of mistakes especially from Wrel and here is his reason for making such mistakes.
    [IMG]
    There is also another saying in the Game Development Industry. If the players tell you that your game isn't fun, they are right. If they tell you how to fix it, they are wrong. Where there are lots of metas here in PS2 there weren't any really in PS1. What I listed before were not metas they were what I the player saw during my time playing. I have seen every implant used on practically every exo-suit in PS1. As well we had limited implants as in there were like 10-15. In my first day I killed 10 vet players at one time and didn't even have implants on, in PS1.

I also noticed you didn't quote or really respond to where I listed all of the different games and titles using the inventory system vs the class system. Which tells me you know it isn't dated, you are just trying to continually instigate an argument without providing any evidence or claims to support what you state and be a troll to continue making PS2 worse.
    • Up x 1
  2. Pollux Lander

I am on OP side here, LA isnt as usefull as it could be to play because its best tool C4+rocket rifle make it super good for a few niche stuff (anti max anti sundy) that also ruin the overall gameplay (instantly countering the basic spawnpoint, why outfit almost only use spawn beacon now, and also why MAX are barely used). And for inf vs inf job infiltrator flank and surprise unccloack recloack work better, and protect you.

Flying is nice but the lack of speed, slow recharge mean its a subpar mobility tool that is usefull only when not engaged, and not in a fighting area or you will get slapped. only the booster jetpack give decent speed but suck for mobility since you cannot cross much with it.

The gun of LA are for short mid range fighting which is counteracted by the fact he is supposed to get into places to use its flying thus usually far beyond the 15-20m optimal range/accuracy of his guns or its just a poor man engineer or HA if it walk.

I personnaly only spawn LA if I need to air drop on roof for beacon or C4 sundy/MAX for everything else other classes are better...
    If i need to flank? Infil is better and also bring spotting tools and have enough fire power throught revolver and smg for CqC with uncloacking giving a good 0,5sec advantage, also give damage reduction if nanocloacke is used...
    LA doesnt have a 35% damage reduction while flying around like mollasse.

The oufits i played with barely use LA prefering HA spam for frontal assault on points or Infil MSU spam for flanking and harassing...

Personnaly I feel they should make light assault slightly faster on foot and when flying so its truly more mobile. +10% extra movement speed?
    Remove C4 because he is just too good at anti MAX and Sundy OR Remove rocket rifle so that its not so easy to one clap a Sundy, and require team work and not just a single lucky pass.
    Rocket rifle serve almost not purpose out of shotting sundy and C4 already do the job better...or guided rockets against vehicules so it can fight air unit and ground units a bit beyond 20meters?
    • Up x 1
  3. FrontenStuermer

Sorry, no, then you didnt play the la like he is able to.
    He is like a Scoutnfight Unit.
    You can perfect to many points with flying, where others not can go.
    So you can put dropdown spawnpoints.

You can defend positions from Trees and other hidden places.
    You can attack vehicles, you can kill max very good with the mobility.
    So i think you uses the advantages this class has.

I build up forts with fnt and i can set spawnpoints where didnt reached in normal ways.

Furthermore, mainways are blocked from enemies.
    LAs are the only way to take other ways to directly go to caps!!!