Koltyr: Why is it so Unfriendly to Low End PC's?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RC1309Niner, Nov 11, 2015.

1. RC1309Niner

Could we maybe get a patch that would fix the way that Koltyr runs on low spec PC's? currently if you aren't in a building, it runs close to ~15 FPS, which is really unacceptable.
  2. user101

PC -- PS2 is not made for 2 core low end machines the goal by the DEV's is to make PS2 PC a high end super graphics game. Far out doing the PS4 system. And its comming soon, if you want low end use a PS4 not the PC version. DX11 is just around the corner for PS2.
  3. Pfundi

Just tell us what PC are you using? Programs open in the background?
  4. RC1309Niner

using a Lenovo G510, I know the specs are trash, working on getting an IdeaPad Y700 that came out a month ago...nothing is open in the background just services you only see in task manager

the specs are an i5 5200m (clocks at 3.1 ghz turbo boost, not sure that's the model at the moment)
    intel hd 4600 (im aware that its trash, its a laptop though, cant do anything about it)
    6 gb ram
    windows 10
    those are really the only important ones
  5. Pfundi

Tried lowering rendering distance and rendering quality?
  6. RC1309Niner

yeah, everything is either set to lowest or off, i dont want to mess with render distance because i want to be able to see my enemies from some level of distance, havent messed with render quality, will look into that
  7. Who Garou

They should be concentrating on keeping the game operational for their player-base instead of out-spec'ing and losing their player base because they want to be on the "cutting edge".

They better watch it or that "cutting edge" is going to cut their own throats.
  8. Who Garou

Turn Cortana off.
    Go through and manually make sure all the live tiles are turned off.
    Do a restart and run your virus checker when your computer comes back up, and don't run any other programs before running Planetside 2.

If that doesn't help, then go into "settings", search for "start-up", bottom listing should be something like "See which programs Windows runs at start up", and click on that. If you don't know what you are doing, you might not want to fiddle with this too much, but there might be obvious culprits listed there. Adobe Cloud can be disabled if that is set to auto start, so can Microsoft OneDrive, and Send to OneNote Tool - for example. These programs can be started manually if you need them running.

If you don't want to make these limitations on your log in, then make a user (local or ms) account just for gaming and set it up like this.

The goal is to stop a lot of stuff from running in the background while not interfering with system security. The restart and making sure not to start any other programs other than your virus checker before running the game is a fairly good way to reduce other background tasks form running.
    And, yeah, if you close down an App it's probably still actually running in the background. Just run an App, Open Task manager, look for the app, close down the app, and, yeah, there is a very good chance that you will still see it there even though you closed down the app.

If you have Adobe Flash, Acrobat, etc. installed, yeah, Adobe programs are always trying to check for updates. Java is just as bad. That's great for security of their programs, but horrible when you are trying to run a game. Nothing like installs while you are trying to game.

Windows is notorious for this as well, but, yeah, they should know to wait until your computer is not running an intensive program before trying to download an update, but they are Microsoft after all.
  9. Pfundi

Infantry is only rendered to 300m, tanks to 750m and planes to 1000m (not too sure about the last one though). So 750m distance would be a way to get more performance and not loosing all possibility to fight back.