Keep your chins up.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Feb 8, 2013.

1. NUKABAZOOKA

Today I hit a personal milestone. I got Auraxium with all four VS Bolt Drivers.
    [IMG]

This was originally going to be a massive epeen thread, but I want to shy away from that and keep it inspirational.
    This class may have its issues, problems, shortcomings, and frustrations, but we can still be just as effective as other classes in killing. Even more so, sometimes.

We may have our gripes, and things we'd like to see fixed and worked out, but as it stands we're not completely broken. It's just going to be more of a challenge to find that perfect spot, that sweet sweet place where we can drink the delicious tears of our enemies.
    So keep your chins up, keep on making a mess of your opponents skulls, and if you still think we're unable to be as good as every other class, then you need to:
    [IMG]
    Keep practicing, as you'll never be instantly good at everything.
    This class just requires a whole lot more effort.
    Also if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I'm more than willing to share my personal preferences with each weapon, and the challenges they each presented.
    Inb4: shopped, nolife, sittingducks, noskill, noninfiltrator, justasniper etc. etc.
    • Up x 4
  2. Jests

shopped, nolife, sittingducks, noskill, noninfiltrator, justasniper etc. etc.
    • Up x 3
  3. Wobberjockey

you forgot "farming spawn rooms" and "farming outfit alts"
    • Up x 1
  4. Wobberjockey

@ op

do you find any situation where you would prefer the XM98 or V10 over the paralax?
  5. NUKABAZOOKA

XM98, no. Was probably my least favorite of the four. V10 to me is a toss up with the Parallax.
    Sometimes it felt the V10 was more accurate. I could aim for the face with it and still get a headshot, meanwhile with the Parallax I usually had to go for the top of the head. It might just be some weird hit detection issues when I was playing, but overall thats how it felt.
    My favorites in order would probably be V10=Parallax -> Ghost -> XM98.
  6. Wobberjockey

hrm. i would have expected the exact opposite, due to the flatter trajectory of the paralax VS the v10

i usually aim for the center of the forehead myself
  7. Mustarde

Congrats! I also started working on medals... not as far as you tho :) I agree with the sentiment of your post, and feel that the SMG rounds the class out much more than I anticipated pre-patch. Not that I am satisfied with the infiltrator class, but it can be used to great effect. Keep up the great work, stay away from my server (SolTech) unless you go TR :)
  8. Bloodmyth

Good work, I prefer the paralax over v10 but there is little in it, I wonder if we have a new rifle in the pipeline.
  9. zeta3901

respect sir, but as much as i like sniping, CQC stealth always had my heart.
  10. Mustarde

May I suggest a friendly competition to get auraxis medals for all the rifles available to the infiltrator? Semi autos, scouts, bolt actions and the new SMG of course. Winner gets bragging rights :)
  11. iller

This

OP is a troll who posted a misleading Subject line for attention. There's nothing in here to give hope, least of all any word from the Devs which these threads are usually supposed to be made for
  12. NUKABAZOOKA

You sir, are on!
  13. JuicerPrime

Grats on the medals! Highest I've got so far is a Gold on the Parallax and Eridani, but I'm getting there. Slowly. XD

And we - the few, the dedicated, those Infiltrators who cannot play any other class except for the shortest periods without being drawn inexorably back to the noisy cloak, the dagger, and the inadequate gear of our calling - will keep our chins up and soldier on. One day the devs at SOE might feel confident about blessing our class with delicious, tear-harvesting upgrades - until then stay low and out of sight, aim for the skull and always, always practice your knife skills when you can ;)
  14. m44v

You play too much :p

Anyway, sure we have high K/D and kill anyone provided they are 100 meters away, but in the end infiltrators are just an annoyance, killing enemies that respawn later isn't going to get the base capped.
  15. zijin_cheng

Gratz! I only got Auraxium on my only bolt action, the M77-B (because I'm cheap and not going to spend an extra 3000 certs on the other rifles)

I find sniping VS snipers the most satisfying. Must be a combination of that white head + impossibly thin eye slits (probably some chinese people inside :))
  16. Lazaruz

What's you main class? Or do you just play Infil at CQC as well? Was just wondering about that K/D with a sniper.

Hope they add higher medals for the existing weapons (maybe a 10k one), so people won't have to buy every new rifle SOE comes up with.
  17. NUKABAZOOKA

When I'm on my own I'm an infiltrator, but when I'm with my friends I'm usually a support bot or (was) a lib pilot. Thats why my KD is ~2.8. A typical Sniping night is usually ranges between 6-12KD depending on how lucky I am.