Keep darker nights, give us the tools to navigate it.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Anivex, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Anivex

The darker nights are a good thing. It adds an aspect of strategy to the game.

However the tools to help us fight at night currently suck.
    How about some spotlights on aircraft? Think about how cool it would be to see spotlights scanning a base at night from above, picking people off.
    Perhaps making flashlights more effective.
    Better coloring on players, something that only shows at night.

There's plenty of ways to make it darker for those who want it that way while giving players tools to counter the lack of light.
    Maybe instead of headlights on a tank, give them the option for a big *** blinding spotlight.
    • Up x 2
  2. PWGuy93

Wouldn't mind seeing lights in the sky a la aircraft lights for those brave enough to use them, would add a bit of immersion.
    • Up x 4
  3. daniel696

4. Warruz

While i agree with this, we shouldnt even humor the darker nights at the moment as the tools will come far later. There are more important things on the docket that need to happen after optimization before we get into make nights more fun.

The List needs to be something like
    1. Flashlights actually become effective in range, perhaps some blinding property
    2. Headlights on vehicles similar effect + increased range
    3. All indoors need a lighting system
    4. Base courtyards need to be like a damn christmas tree in terms of the amount of lights
    5. Towers with spotlight directly around the tower
    6. Emergency lights when Generator gets destroyed
    You see where im going, the point is a lot of work will be needed to get everything to where it needs to be so it shouldnt even be a thought about making the game darker without such changes otherwise its just Nightvision for everyone!
    • Up x 1
  5. RasFW

Give your character adaptive night vision. Something like 15 seconds to fully adapt to the darkness. Naturally, you'd only be able to adapt so much. Then you can lose your night vision to someone with a flashlight, or by looking at a spotlight, or vehicle headlights.

Also add lunar cycles. Maybe have 3 night modes. Bright (Think Indar Desert night), Semi-dark (kinda what we got now), and pitch black.
  6. Snoozzzer

The nights today were..sweet. Flashlights have a purpose!

....and vehicle headlights could do with being brighter now
    • Up x 1
  7. doombro

To be honest, I can see why they're hesitant to bring dark nights into the game. That's a whole ton of changes they'd need to make and utilities they'd need to add, and current utilities they'd need to tweak.

It would be cool, but I would put it as very low priority if I were in their shoes.

Optimization >>> Continent Locking & Global Lattice > Resource System Overhaul >> Hossin >> Outfit Utilities > Darker Nights > Everything else.

While they were very refreshing to see, I think there are far more important things to secure the future of the game as a whole. It would probably be a lot easier on both the devs and the community if they rolled back the changes until they're ready to really make game-changing nights a thing.
    • Up x 1
  8. Anivex

All very good points
  9. Phoenixca

I love the idea of aircraft spotlights, and indoor lighting systems. Something like battlefield 4 where you can knock out the lighting systems and rely on flashlights, IR/NV etc would be sweet.
  10. Anivex

Something like a light grenade would be cool too, or flares even.
  11. DramaticExit

12. daniel696

I saw it now.
  13. YoXn

Called turning your gamma up. Biggest tool in the game.
  14. Cirevam

We already have the tools for night vision. They just need a little tweaking and nanite surgery. My proposal:

[IMG]

But seriously, having a nightvision helmet option would be much better over having to ADS constantly just to see. Flashlights are also bad currently as they take up the valuable rail slot. Meanwhile, our guns are constructed primarily out of rails. It would be nice to see the laser sight get moved to the bottom rail and flashlights get put on the side rail permanently, just so we don't have to give up stat bonuses or UBGLs to be able to see.
  15. MrMurdok

Adding NVGs would be cool, however, given the current state of the game, darker nights should be scrapped.
  16. libbmaster

Flare gun.

Boom. That would work.
  17. Ash87

As I said elsewhere, I am disappointed it will be in a lesser form, but it's understandable because the reasons people gave for not wanting it, were very Solid reasons. It's good to see they listened to the community on this one.
    • Up x 1
  18. nukularZ

I can't wait for the day we have a passive cert line for night vision goggles, along with very dark nights and thunderstorms.