[Suggestion] Keep current uphill jumpoff-drift physics

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by ArcMinuteLight, Mar 1, 2013.

1. ArcMinuteLight

Many of you are aware if you jump off of an uphill slope/angle and activate drifters(or jumpjets too?) you'll jump much higher than normal before drifting.
    Adds a new dimension, pretty cool looking to in the middle of a battle. No harm in fair and good fun right?
    • Up x 1
  2. Paqu

Yeah I like it. I can drift for much longer instead of just that typical 5-10 meters per jump.
  3. R4GING

does it say anywhere that it will be removed ?
  4. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, jumping way higher when moving upwards, and less when going downwards, seems like a bug to me.
    Having it as a feature for Drifters would be neat, admittedly, the jets are all about using terrain already, so why not.
  5. Brusilov [TR]

There is a current bug that lets any class jump higher if it hits the edge of something at the moment... is this related to that?
  6. P4p3Rc1iP

Pretty sure it is.
  7. Laraso

Yeah, I agree. I use this ALL the time with my drifters.

Although, you can get the height boost by doing it with any class. You don't need a jetpack to do it, you just need one to take advantage of it.
  8. Sumguy720

I didn't know it was a bug. Seemed like conservation of momentum to me. Personally I can jump higher if I have a step up to jump off of, and jumping while running down a hill usually ends up with me jumping more forward than anything. Right now it seems that the Planetside physics correspond to the earth physics, albeit the gravity on auraxis is a bit lower than on earth.
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Yes, but it's a bit overboard.
    Jumping while running down relatively flat stairs results in losing speed while keeping your current height for a tenth of a second longer, while jumping from an upwards slope can gain you an extra two meters.
    I literally get faster movement through bases by turning around on a small rock, jumping, then turning back to where I actually wanted and jetting there.
    However, the way it currently is, which I'd call maybe 20% over the top, is great for Drifters, so asking for that to be a permanent feature would seriously help those jets, just like being able to very slowly climb slopes is helpful.
    The one thing I'm still hoping for is slower drop rate depending on height, so you can hover for longer close to the floor and use drifters for quick dashes.