just remove vehicles already.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by UnrealGaz, Mar 23, 2013.

1. UnrealGaz

too many launchers/lock ons/invisible missiles invisible flying missiles. there no point in even trying anymore soon as you pull it you have 5 seconds of immunity and when you think its safe pheonixed in a corner where you thought it was ok.

this is coming from someone who has 280 hours playtime with only 20hrs in a tank. now you know why I don't bother pulling one.
    • Up x 15
  2. Accuser

So today my pilot and I were flying near Crossroads Watchtower and decided to take a look north at "Magrider Hill".
    SWARMING with NC infantry, and a Sundy in the back.
    I let Mr. Dalton pound the Sundy into dust, then start into the infantry.
    After a few kills, I notice the conspicuous lack of lock-ons and flak.
    5 kills... 10 kills...
    Magrider Hill is now clear, so we turn toward The Crown.
    Infiltrators, Heavys, Medics... all eating Dalton, but with no rockets flying up at us and no flak bursting in our ears.
    Anyway, I just wanted to thank the Phoenix users for giving me a nice lock-on free farm for a while. Reminded me of the good old days ;)
    • Up x 8
  3. CommodoreFrank

Maybe if you put more time into vehicles, you'd do better with them. Yes, it can be hard these days, but I still feel plenty effective.
    • Up x 3
  4. hawken is better

Haha, I'd like to see the NC/VS version of that story.
    • Up x 3
  5. UnrealGaz

while this is true the "options" have been getting better at anti vehicular combat.
    • Up x 1
  6. Oreo202

Just got my auraxium on rocket pods, even with all the AA. I think your point may be invalid.
    • Up x 4
  7. Halivar

Vs side is i'm flying in my scythe then i get locked. Ok so pop flairs and im good. i bank right and fly low to avoid the place, but befor i get out of range im locked again and then i get the lovely sound of 5 rockets slamming into my scythe thud thud thud thud thud boom im down by one guy. God forbid there are 2 of the little guys.
  8. Dethfield

The only thing this tidbit of info told me was that you dont have enough experience in a tank to make the claim you are making.
    • Up x 1
  9. UnrealGaz

do you know why its 20? because of the immense amount of rocket launchers. think before you post.its only gotten worse since better variety's came out and the increased exp gain for killing one.
    • Up x 1
  10. Millsy

It’s a shame, this game could have involved tactics, use of terrain, flanking, drawing enemy into crossfire traps and the likes. But because of ESFs tanks have mostly just rolled with the zerg. So I thought maybe one day SOE might bring out a continent with no ESF/Lib and its true potential would be seen, moving from a good game to an epic game. But now it’s too late, there are so many ways for infantry to kill tanks this game is only ever going to be an overblown TDM cluster****.
    • Up x 3
  11. Dethfield

No, its because you were unwilling and/or too impatient to learn how to deal with them and figure out what you were doing wrong, just like to majority of players who cry nerf on this forum.

I have 66 hours in a lightning and 98 hours in a vanguard. I am in the armor division in my outfit. And i can tell you, lock-ons are not a huge problem for tanks if you know what you are doing. I cant tell you what you are doing wrong without watching you play, but i can tell you HA's kill me way less than other weapons, and if they do, its often my fault.
  12. Purg

That's the thing about the Phoenix that many people seem to be forgetting. Wah, no counters to the Phoenix, they can hit behind cover. ESF's/Liberators can hit them behind their cover and there's very little a Phoenix user can do about it unless that ESF is being flown by a complete noob. My default was the Hawk prior to the Phoenix release and it'll probably go back to the Hawk once the fun of the Phoenix diminishes and I pull it when it's actually needed - when Magriders turn up. :p
  13. Kubor

I think the situation with AV (from a tankers point of view) is where it needs to be. There are so many tanks from all Empire's out there and they need thinning out badly.

I just want the annoying bouncing bug fixed quickly so that I can get back to enjoying being in a Prowler or Lightning again. Goodness knows it's been present in the game for long enough now. I am so sick of it.

I'll happily deal with Lancers and the Phoenix swarms. I've bought the Striker myself and I think it's great. Just fix that blasted bug quickly please :mad:
    • Up x 2
  14. VanuSovereignty

Bursters, skyguards AND YOUR OWN AIR SUPPORT make air die, FYI.
  15. sladuog

THREAD THEME SONG

• Up x 4
  16. Jeralamo

i dont know why this is so hypnotic...i still havnt hit the pause button:confused:
    and yup i really cant imagine flying my liberator as i dont have flares on it. i just wont fly my lib to save myself from a headache
  17. Phrygen

the pheonix is the real culprit, it is just way to powerful against infantry and tanks.

The Striker is the anti air culprit... turns the game into macross.
  18. sladuog

There's a 10 hour version. Here's to your sanity.

I don't fly a lib often, but now might be the time. With the new launchers out fewer people will be running G2A, and the striker can be made to impact terrain relatively easily since the rockets follow a predictive path. Flares will only save you from one volley anyway.
  19. Bl4ckVoid

Finally we grunts are not getting farmed all the time!

Now you need to work for your kills. It works mighty fine.

BTW, I am still getting killed by vehicles, just not every minute like it was before. If it ever goes back to that level farming, then I will probably quit.
  20. Duff_Chimp

Other games.... that is all.