[Suggestion] Just an idea.

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Serialkillerwhale, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Serialkillerwhale

What if you could "Close up" the Turret's shield to block headshots with B? It'd remove the ability to zoom and half-blind you since you're looking through the shield, but against snipers, it'd be F***ing priceless.
  2. Neo3602

that could work, though it would remove one of the main ways of dealing with engineer turrets from the front with out using explosives.
  3. Matt879

You could still locate someone, pop up the head shield and spray away at where they were a second ago and probably still manage to see them anyway. This would be overpowered if you ask me, there's no way of dealing with an engineer turret from the front then besides hitting the perfect spot with an explosive.
  4. starlinvf

A few patches ago the shield was changed in a way where splash damage no longer hurts the Turret. This means you need to score a very precise direct hit on the base of the barrel in order to destroy it, and effectively rendering it immune to long range AV fire.

So as of this current patch, snipers are the ONLY way to threaten an engineer from the front. Whats sad is that most Engineers don't understand how their models work when mounted, nor that simply looking up gives them an extra 15 degrees protection on the vertical axis.
  5. khai

Sort of reminds me of how the NC used to complain about the old turret shape not having as big of side cover as TR or VS, when if you looked up with it it completely covered you from the front.
  6. Xervous

having shot a great many enemies out of their AI turrets when I was farming with my skillsuit in a biofarm, I've learned the turret itself has three spots you can hit it from the front. The barrel and the two legs that stick out at the bottom on either side of the shield.
  7. Serialkillerwhale

Given that A: You basically put a big glowing blue screen on yer face, and how snipers make even setting one up anywhere a suicide proposition, especially with the point and click vanu.

B: Grenades and rockets still murder your squishy ***.

and C: It's a fricking turret.

I don't see how it's a problem.