Just a lil reminder for devs. The majority of people enjoy Underwater fights.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, May 2, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

Just wanted to remind the devs, that the majority of players enjoy underwater fights. When a 48vs48 happens underwater. Everyone gets somewhat excited.

The uniqueness of a large battle underwater is entertaining. Even the jetpack merit gear is fun to use.

It's everything else that is not, defenders & attackers having to walk too far to die without a ress. Not enough cover for infantry outside the radius of A's sandy outskirts.

Simply saying that every feature players would bash, is only a few tweaks away from everyone having x10 more fun with the feature. Same goes for Containment sites, a few tweaks later for a shorter run & instantly better.
    The key word is " Battle Flow " knowing how to improve the battle flow of any map feature.

(However sometimes the feature may need deleting or a overhaul, aka Tridents & Interlinks are too much of a hallway shooter).

So keep improving one thing at a time, don't worry about player salt. If you think players bashing Wrel is bad, that's normal. Should see Path of Exile forums and how they speak salt of their spokesperson Chris Wilson, heh.

Every game mentions the word " vision " every game has forum reply'ers speaking of dev vision. For better or worst. So I suppose all the devs for all games has to meditate & envision how the battle flow is going to go before implementing the feature.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. JibbaJabba

On what planet are you living? I did an actual LOL at this.

The MAJORITY of players avoid underwater fights like the plague.

It's why memes like this come up when wrel turns Mirror Bay into an underwater fight..

[IMG]

Edit: And you bash two of the most popular bases on the continents. Interlinks and Tridents. heh, man I'm really not sure you speak for everyone like you think you do.
    • Up x 7
  3. JarredGalaxy

I think you mean "The majority of players that actually like Oshur enjoy underwater fights" SMH seriously Oshur and the water mechanics like be able to fly aircraft underwater and such and able to walk underwater is ridiculous and part of what makes it frustrating especially the bases with underwater terminals.
  4. AuricStarSand

Ye I tried the Eastern Server the other day, they have more pop, than us west.

They had a 60vs48 underwater fight & you can tell everyone enjoyed what was happening. They energy of the air said " The Majority of players enjoy seeing this 48vs48 underwater fight happening right now " It's " epic ".

The fight didn't last long enough & the run was too far, from the seaport to the enemies outter A bank invis underwater sundy. Ye we all ran to their invis sundy and destroyed it. Was 60 vs 40. I died a few times & got a ress. Still the run is too far & underwater requires official spawn rooms and official ways for new players to drive sundys underwater easier than activating a ability. While holding their hand to guide their bus there.

I'd actually suggest 2 spawn rooms, one for attackers & one for defenders. You gain the attacker underwater spawn room, by taking the beach A point on dry land above. & you gain a underwater spawn room for defenders from teleport tube from the seaport room, so seaport defenders don't have to jump into the water from the seaport and run so far. Making both sides of attackers & defenders both have official spawn rooms underwater & don't have to rely on medics or run so far to fight underwater. Nor do you have to rely on deployable galaxies & sinking sundy's if the land beach's A point gives you access to a spawn room underwater when attacking underwater.

Ye they avoid underwater fights, not because a 48vs48 underwater isn't entertaining, they avoid them because setting them up with a galaxy or gate defuser shield sundy is too complicated for anyone who's not a squad lead. & the fights underwater still need to have the 48vs48 happen nearer than 1 mile out on each side & have more kelp cover outside of A point. Else official underwater base designs too.

If you really believe Tridents or Mirror Bay is better than Pommel Gardens, then you really don't know Oshur. Tridents aren't " Popular " for their base design. They are popular for purple outfit resources & no other reason.

Also the Tridents don't even synergize with the water at all. They are above the water at a location that has the biggest ocean area. Has Zero synergy with the ocean. Zero with boats. Has Zero synergy with nearby seaports, besides the galaxy notion yet as I said only squad leads fly galaxies, so galaxies don't have synergy with most players.

Same goes for Mirror Bay, it's not popular, it just has the most obvious link paths for mid. Where 3 factions get stuck there. Makes most faction ignore Pommel Gardens even from the link path obstacle that is Mirror Bay. It's your basic ***** meme tower shoved mid that every other map already has a basic tower mid. Yawn. A underwater fight would actually be better than Mirror Bay, any base would be better than Mirror Bay; towers suck, theirs too many towers for every map, they are all basic. The game has what, 20+ towers?? Why add your 22nd tower to the newest map of the most played zone that is middle of the map? Yawn.

Tridents are if someone took a bio lab and shrunk it x10. Some vets don't even enjoy bio labs, I do, yet they don't. Tridents turn into a airpad stalemate, has a few basic rooms, or turns into a spawn room glowy wall hallway stalemate. Also only squad leads are flying galaxies to the airpad so no average player sets shop. Once again all for outfit resources.

Sage R&B labs has a better layout than all the Interlinks. Yet mostly once you get past the boring mini ramp door fight. The outter ring is boring. Interlinks have the same issue, the fights surrounding the outter mini door ramps are boring. Then once you get inside the Interlink it doesn't get that much better. Heck I enjoy Containment sites more than I enjoy Interlinks. & everyone knows what they don't enjoy about Containment sites, yet Interlinks are more plain than Containment sites are. Same thing outfit resources. EZ farms based on where they are positioned, not actual fans of the Interlinks.

Also if people " ignore " the underwater fights, then why do infantry skip Oshur if they don't have to fight underwater and know that. If seaports are skipped anyways and all the " fun " bases are only being played theoretically, then why skip. The entire north of Esamir is ignored, yet people still enjoy Esamir. So obviously it isn't just for the reason of what regions are being ignored, it's also the ones that are played the most people feel are underwhelming. Aka Tridents, Interlinks, & Mirror Bay infantry always have found so so too average. Btw the entire right side of Oshur is ignored, esp the top right lane.

The run from a sundy garage to the door ramps of a Interlink or Sage labs, isn't good enough. Not enough interesting cover, vehicles roam around them cleaning shop too easily. Not interesting enough. & only sage labs is enjoyable once inside, Interlinks are average inside as well. I'd take the roof off some of these buildings so LA are able to flank. The screen wall of Interlinks facing A point stalemate is average fyi. All the screen wall hallway bases aren't favorable.

Pommel Gardens > Astira before they switched Astira to CTF should be a DM warehouse fight > Mirror Bay > Wakerrift Beach

(Astira's links are also wack should link with pommel gardens)

Mega Underwater Jar Jar Binks Bubble Bases > Biolabs > Tridents

Sage R&D Labs > Containment Sites > Interlinks

Shattered Warpgate Jungles > Empty Plots of A point fields.

Shattered Warpgate Jungles > Mirror Bay.

Underwater fights mid lake with a sunken base design > Mirror Bay.

Anything other than a tower preferably The Stronghold mixed with Shrouded Skyways base design, Starship troopers fort mixed with Ewok walkways > Copy Pasted Towers.

Underwater fights with better spawn rooms & less running > Deploy Galaxies & Sunken Sundy's.

I personally wouldn't vote for any entirely indoor base for a beach styled map. High Ridge Security is ok, semi outside semi inside. Just not anything fully indoors as Tridents & Interlinks are for a beach map. Ultimately not even High Ridge Security is that great, as it's just your basic door to door fight with a infantry Bridge to the point building. & a garage for sundys.

So that means the only UNIQUE infantry fights for a beach map are POMMEL GARDENS & The Yard ring of SAGE LABS. Thus more boulder path bases are the way to go for Oshur ENTIRELY. Then jungles shaped the way pommel gardens is. More Boulder mazes for infantry battles.
  5. JibbaJabba

I'm glad you're happy. You don't speak for me.

I think the water combat absolutely sucks and is not fun. I liked Oshur when it first released. Then they modified it to add the flotillas and increase underwater combat. I've disliked the continent as a whole ever since.

Mirror Bay is fun only because it draws a large fight. It's the large fight that's fun. And your underwater fight? it was a large one yes? It would have been better if it were a large one on land.

Underwater fighting is unique and in that regard it's fun as a novelty. Then the novelty wears off and you must face the reality that the guns are ****, the movement is **** and it's LOW skill gameplay. Seeing it for the first time? Sure, it's something new. Was fun. No longer interested though. Wrel keeps trying to force it though.

And now that the large fight on Oshur will be underwater I have no reason to go to the continent at all.

And if it's the only continent open? I'll play something else. And THAT is how I feel about underwater combat.
  6. AuricStarSand

Whatever floats your boat.

I find the movement fun, the merit waterjet item, is more fun to use than using ambusher jetpack for the millionth time. Has unique angles. I've c4'ed fairy the most out of my server. The waterjetpack is more entertaining.

Seeing 48 people underwater is a interesting view. You're able to see everyones name dots in one single view.
    The shooting effects has more style than regular land shooting sound & gravity effects. & they'd be able to toss new water gun types & new merit waterjetpack variation styles of water movement.

I'm just not a fan of the underwater deployment situation. Galaxies and sinking sundy's with odd AV infantry restrictions are limited. Sometimes the meta is simply a enemy galaxy ramming a parked galaxy. & even if they allow all gun type launchers & infil cloaks. They'd still need official underwater spawn rooms and not these deploy vehicles, for both sides attackers & defenders.

Anything a noob isn't able to drive on his own and park, with a obvious path, won't travel well & is going to be ignored. Besides Trident airpads, yet that's just from outfits being so driven for Purple resources, not from tridents making for good gameplay. & even then still it's not new players flying, it's squad leads. So underwater parking, replace with beach teleport tube rooms to underwater spawn rooms.

I wouldn't save tridents either, I would rather have a mega underwater base where tridents are. So boats get more uses for the main ocean area. & with the bubble domes underwater, their is a way for people to have water & dry fights while still underwater. Once you hit the bubble energy screen your at a indoor base underwater dry. Then you get out of the screen bubble and shoot as if underwater, both styles. B & C point outside underwater, A point at the bubble indoor dry dome underwater.

Sundy's for sure drive too slow above water, not even able to dodge NSO tank shells shooting at me from 10 miles away. While the sunderer moves at 20 mph. Too slow to dodge AM rifles hitting from the cliffs & lockons. So sunderers die before even swimming away from the seapost, where you got the vehicle.

I don't believe most share your sentiments with the underwater gun gameplay, most seem to enjoy the 48vs48's underwater fight wise. Just not the running, lack of official deployment options, no gun terminal underwater, and lack of cover outside the A point ring. They need a gun term underwater to switch to water weapons, defenders often forget to before they jump into the water to start walking. Seaposts need more synergy with their nearest beaches. Without having to deploy galaxies underwater ever or sink a sunderer.

Maybe some more movement options underwater for infantry or skills and people forget to equip the merit waterjet often. So should auto equip.

Yes Mirror Bay is active, still not a fan of towers mid of map anymore. & I'd rather see all 4 regions of mid have equal fights at link wise. Equal pop at Astira, Equal pop Pommel Gardens, Equal pop Wakerrift with wakerrift getting The Stronghold fort there & isn't just a empty beach, & equal fights mid lake. Besides just one region of the mid ring getting fights only. All equal at the same time, not taking turns to mobilize per region.

I'd also revert Astira to a point hold, not CTF there, link Astira to Pommel Gardens, & build some way for Pommel Gardens to siege Astira from the north side of Astira. Without Pommel Garden attackers running into Astira vehicle term gate ledge dead end. Astira also requires a planned out warehouse box fight area, multi box fight floors.

As for the haters hating on Oshur, so far many of them offer zero solutions, exaggerate their salt for Oshur, & log off for memes sake. It's not up to par, yet isn't so bad it's not worth saving, it's got lots of potential still. Everything just needs to be tied together better. Boat synergy with link synergy with underwater meets beach synergy with equal pop ratios for all 4 mid regions. More nature based bases.
  7. Somentine

I'm genuinely confused why you think the majority of people enjoy underwater combat.

Pretty sure even most people who like Oshur still hate underwater combat.
    • Up x 3
  8. AuricStarSand

If a big underwater fight breaks out, they won't redeploy, they'll stay till its finished.

Yet making that happen hasn't happened enough due to seaports having no synergy with the beaches & having to rely on sunken sunderers or deploy galaxies.

People are enjoying underwaterfights just for the mix of elements, they are just ignoring the seaport links. Since seaports are out of the way and not obvious enough to set shop less your squad lead flies a galaxy underwater & most squad leads won't do something unique like that, they'll settle for the easier route.

Yet this idea that people are ignoring seaports from how underwater fights perform is false. It has more to do with seaports just being random bases thrown, out there without roads to them.

To say underwater fights are entirely flawless with their execution isn't what I'm saying either. They still need more weapons, other variations of merit jetbacks for movement, outter kelp cover, some movement skills for infantry other than just the merit items, & some sunken base designs too.

Look it's the same reasoning on land. On Land: Try Warpgating the top left of Hossin with 3 factions there. Try Warpgating the Top left of Amerish with 3 factions there. Any 3 regions near a warpgate that don't have obvious roads to get to them, will have all the players redeploy. Even If I'm yelling at Outfit Leaders to follow through with the endzone warpgate touchdown mega 3 faction farm, they'll nearly all of the time, barely hold the Hossin NW or Amerish NW warpgates. DUE TO NOT ENOUGH OBVIOUS ROADS. So seaports are no different.

Theirs no road to the seaport, you have to sink a sundy or fly a galaxy. & 80% to 99% of players are not going to sink a sundy or fly a galaxy to set shop. Anymore than they are going to follow through with a 3 faction fight, holding 3 regions at NW Amerish or Hossin Warpgate.

Players & Outfit leaders need their hands held to get to the next region. Any region where you free for all travel EVEN ON LAND to the neighboring region, that doesn't have roads or a path that is obvious. They won't. Even for regions WITH ROADS. They skip if the roads are too long. Similar to path of Amerish's " The Bastion " base's road leading north to " West Foothills Airdock ", they all ignore. Similar to the road path leading West from " Broken Vale Garrison " to " Construction Site Episilum ", they all ignore, everytime. After they take Broken Vale they either redeploy or venture right, they never venture left. Even if the left path after Broken Vale leads to fun bases such as Wainwright Armory & Fort Liberty. 2 of the best bases Hossin has, yet ignored entire link path.

Outfits take the most generic paths, they always have, & always will. & the rest of the players need their hand held. With obvious road designs that aren't too far spaced out from the neighboring base. Seaports are this issue on steroids. The only reason Tridents don't have this issue, is that tridents are worth purple resources, so Outfits leaders set shop regardless there, & they are use to this method from Bio Lab airpads, so its not entirely new. Yet still Tridents aren't being galaxied by 80%+ of players. Only 1% that is squad leads.

As for underwaterfights themselves. All I've wanted was plants that hide infantry & so far kelp does a better job at that than land bushes have.

Look the entire RIGHT side of Oshur is ignored, so by that logic you would say " Infantry don't enjoy land fights because the entire right side of Oshur is ignored " The entire NORTH side of Esamir is ignored, so from that logic you would say " Infantry don't enjoy land fights because the entire 8 north regions of Esamir are ignored all the time ".

Maybe try beach jumpads for attackers to start the underwater fight. If the beaches actually have real bases & aren't just empty lots for ant's.

Fix the spawn rooms underwater, make beach spawn rooms start the attacker's siege underwater, help defender's have a spawn room underwater too, without defenders having to jump into the water from the seaport. Add gun terminals underwater, get rid of sundy's & galaxies required to start a seaport fight, add kelp cover farther, & new movement styles of merit waterjetpacks. Then wait & see if people " enjoy " underwater fights. Only after 80%+ of the players are able to set shop, without deploy vehicles required, & without relying on a squad lead to hold their hand.
  9. AuricStarSand

P.s. Equipping a watergun, what's the reason for this anyways? Then they have to make new guns. & New players have to equip said gun, when they may forget to. Probably would be better just to make everygun viable underwater, ye have some bullet drop due to the water physics, yet not so bad they are all unusable.

Last time I jumped into the water I forgot to switch & was a pistol stalker, holding a pistol, then the 40vs60 fight was over a few resses later. Since obviously I died often with only a non water based pistol. People are forgetting to equip merit waterjetpack too, should autoequip that for them for Oshur. & make it free so new players have the waterjet without buying the slot.

Be a lot easier to just delete waterguns & make all guns viable underwater, then it is to have to make seperate new waterguns & hope new to medium tier players equip said water gun. Less they yes put gun terminals underwater & see if that's ok, while adding a few more water guns. Theirs 2 approaches, just seems making new guns is the slower route than simply making all guns usable underwater. While also making infil cloak, LA c4, & HA av launcher useful underwater at least for shooting infantry with. Less limitations. The only gun I'd make underperform underwater is sniper & scout rifles, due to the slow walk movement.
  10. JibbaJabba

If this is what you believe then you do not know how logic works. Holy crap.

Water fights suck. The locations suck, the layouts of the battle space suck. The weapons suck. And the movement sucks.

The ONLY thing it has going for it is novelty and a drastically lowered skill ceiling so noobs have an easier time. Novelty wears off and noobs stop being noobs after a while. Why they keep investing in this is beyond me. Now they are trying to FORCE it because people won't voluntarily do it. LOL CTF is in the same boat. Some few dig it the masses hate it and avoid it like the plague.
  11. AuricStarSand

I'll say the title may be a overstatement. While others who hate Oshur share understatements.
    So to be fair would say, not the majority, or nobody, that half of players enjoy underwater fights for the mix.

So besides debating the overstated title. I'm still going to talk about maps, fan of maps, the map guy.
    For the statement quoted, well yes Seaports are a matter of logistics. Till the logistics get figured out, via beach point teleport rooms that lead to underwater spawn rooms, who knows what everyones true opinions are of underwater fights. Till everyone is able to drive there without their hand held by a squad lead.

& obviously the squad leads are going to go the generic route. Since they, outfit leaders, always go the generic route.

As for underwater fighting, yes you move slow, however the waterjet merit item moves you faster than ambusher jets. The underwater merit jet may have a enemy see you, while the enemy defends A zone, & then you water zoom behind a ledge plateau & they don't know whither you're gonna bank right or kite them above the plateau. So offers some level of flank.

Still yes some movement merit item for those who just want to walk faster underwater for 10 sec is wise. I've also hidden around koral where the enemy hasn't seen me & kelp. So theirs some level of cover. Maybe isn't enough cover & toss extra plateaus.

Then theirs base design still not implemented underwater.

My main issue with underwater has more to do with the deploy situation of 99% of players not wanting to use sundys or galaxies underwater & the situation of running a mile out underwater to die without a ress. 48vs48's underwater should have noobs able to set shop to start the deployment from the beach & then the spawn room vs spawn room wouldn't be too far that everyone has to run without a ress.

I find CTF okay. It mixes the meta sometimes, it has made some bases better. Indar Excavation I prefer CTF. & a few other small bases. Usually some towers are sweet for CTF since the game has so many towers. Well besides Elli tower, is point hold prefer, they fixed that. However I'd get rid of CTF from Shrouded Skyway, Hunters Blind, Advari Barracks, Splitpeak Pass, & Astira Hydro. Return those to point holds.
  12. AuricStarSand

Either way deleting Oshur isn't much of a solution & I don't find " just having the 4 maps we all played on " as the solution for Oshur haters, to be much of a solution. Even if they rework the 4 old maps for improvements, I'd still want a water map. Since water is still going to be a mixup to the environment.

I find boats funny, if they were speedier and dodged eachothers machine guns often. Drifted & has important uses. Till then yes they are memes. Still funny however. Just not when they are shooting your 20mph sunderer you got from a seaport, ie make sundy's swim faster.

Tho yes I'll agree that Jungle & Boulder fights, with preferebly tall bushes, more rock bridges, and trenches are better infantry fights, land wise, than underwater fights would be so far. However the devs either require more funds for this, are just learning players want forest fights, or are resistant to building nature fights for infantry.

Theirs only a few boulder bases for all the maps: Moss Ravine, Pommel Gardens, & that's it? Maybe the rock bridge till they deleted that. & as for Tree regions theirs even less. The only tree fight is the right side of Chimney Rock. Chimney Rock has fights not that often.

I also theorize the devs believe land bushes are OP, seeing as zero regions have a ton of bushes to hide infantry. Theirs just 1 to 3 bushes spread out once per mile at a few bases or around them, that barely hide you enough & you die while sitting around them. Last time I hid around a bush effectively was Auraxis Firearm's spawn room area. So that's why Kelp is better.

Then they deleted the shattered warpgate jungles & left us with empty snow zones for ant's, even if the fans enjoyed the opposite, the jungles more and the ant empty land less. The worst part of the jungles was having to rely on a ant spawn tube or a ant router to start the jungle fight without walking a mile.

I want a mid region of any map to have 4 football fields of jungles, any mid region of any map, for 1,000 dense trees there for a planned infantry spawn room outside battle. Yet all the devs seem to do for mid regions for all 10 years, is just add another tower, another tower, another tower, & another tower.
  13. JibbaJabba

Mother of Higby

I just nose spit my coffee
  14. Demigan

Yes! They love underwater fights! That’s why Oshur always attracts so many people when it comes up in the continent rotation right? RIGHT?!?
  15. JibbaJabba

Look the entire RIGHT side of Oshur is ignored, so by that logic you would say " Infantry don't enjoy land fights because the entire right side of Oshur is ignored " The entire NORTH side of Esamir is ignored, so from that logic you would say " Infantry don't enjoy land fights because the entire 8 north regions of Esamir are ignored all the time ".

/barelykeepingfacestraightpleasedontnoticesnicker
    • Up x 1
  16. AuricStarSand

Ye Indar Ex before just had a long run to C point, a A & B building point hold airpad ambusher jet jump to the roof of A or B floor. So now chasing after flags gives reason to jump after flag takers.

Nor was A B or C good infantry farms. Most of the farm happened at the tower. It's no different, now the tower farm at least has a objective. Since no points ever existed amongst the tower.

Ye ignoring land regions is obvious. From lattice links getting ignored for some reason.
    Obviously Seaports being even more out of the way, than the entire northern half of Esamir is, is a issue. & trying to summarize if people enjoy Water fights, when they don't even get to decide to route there, their squad leads have to hold their hand, isn't very telling.

As for if people enjoy Oshur beyond that, well since I'm not a fan of Interlinks, nor Tridents, nor Mirror Bay which is where Oshurs battles get stuck at, I don't doubt their resolve. They still log off for all the land regions as well. As they know they don't have to play seaports & they are only gonna get stuck at the land regions, yet their still logging off. Tridents, Interlinks, & Mirror Bay isn't unique enough either. So land is at fault too.
  17. waystin2

Meh. No I do not enjoy it. Fill in the water on Oshur with sand.
  18. AuricStarSand

Indar already has that.

Altho sand dunes would be sweet. To delete Saurva Bio & delete Dahaka Amp. NW rework of Indar. With mad max firestorm.
  19. JibbaJabba

So people only dislike water fights if they NEVER log off of the game. Any logging off from a land fight means you don't like them. Got it. And they avoid Oshur because they are avoiding land fights. And people who just never ever go to the water fights are doing so because of the lattice.

I mean when you put it like that it makes sense.
    [IMG]

Maybe you're right. Everyone loves water and we should just flood the remaining continents. Turn them into underwater CTF bases.
  20. AuricStarSand

When people log off before the start of a Oshur alert, they aren't saying " oh no I have to play underwater seapost fights "

They are saying; " oh no I have to play Mirror Bay, Tridents, & Interlinks. "

Seeing as they already know the seapost fight is going to be ignored by their squad leads, most of the time.
    That doesn't mean they find Seaposts amazing, just if they found the land fights amazing, they would stay for those.

So why bash underwater fights for Oshurs pop as the main reason, if everyone doesn't enjoy Oshurs land fights either? Maybe the issue isn't land or underwater, it's " how to have elite cover options for infantry outside ". With more obvious spawn room path routes, for those who need their hand held to get somewhere.

I've heard vets complain about the door fights of Oshur, the screen wall hallways of Interlinks & Tridents. Then you add that to the fact that Mirror Bay is PS2's 4th map to have a tower mid. Also Underwater fights at least have the excuse that they are tough to reach and deploy for. Land fights don't have that excuse and still have people log off before they set foot to the maps land regions.

That's why I voted for Pommel Gardens, new boulder mazes Moss Ravine style, & the Sage Labs yard. Then shattered warpgate jungles. With Shrouded Skyway walkways and The Stronghold's fort walls. For Oshur.

They enlarged all the silo items. When silo items barely fit on the Oshur islands to begin with, now theirs no new room to add anything, & people need open blank empty A fields even more so for their silo items. & no new room for other base designs less they rid Interlinks & even then that won't be enough space for the amount of new base designs infantry vets want.

Without making any region a blank field for ant's only, less their is a dev made fort there too. Ymir Ruins & the top right of Esamir is ignored, even if Ant's are able to build near some point holds and base designs. So maybe I'm wrong & dev made forts wouldn't be good enough. If the fort is too far of a link, from obvious road paths, then unwanted dev forts wouldn't work either. Why else do people ignore Esamir's Vidar, Stillwater Watch, & Northpoint Ruins?

Essentially Oshur would have worked if the lesson of shattered warpgate was realized sooner. However I didn't realize either till after the fact. That is that nature fights with glowy plants are worth more than empty fields for ant's.

Then containment sites is the 2nd lesson, is to not issue infantry fights for fully indoor designs & the lesson wasn't learned either so they built Interlinks & Tridents. Esp for a tropical setting, why have doors leading to small rooms. Bio Labs aren't even all that for when you have airpad stalemates, bio labs are entertaining past the airpad stalemate. Tridents are half airpad stalemates & then half small rooms. With a spawn screen.

Tridents are lattice located above the water making water and ships more meaningless as it won't ever compliment the rest of the ocean. Well it offers deploy galaxies, just deploy galaxies should be a option to use, not a mandatory must for sieges.