Jump Jets for Infiltrators?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Wizlawz, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Wizlawz

seems to make sense to me..but i guess then it would be considered OP?

i am not saying it would work as often as the jumper assault...but infiltrator imho should have something to reach some "inaccessible" heights....im not talking about taking to the skies...just some help getting to where the advantage is.
  2. breeje

fly there it only cost a plane
  3. UnDeaD_CyBorG

That's by far the most funny thread title I've seen today.
    I think we should also give Light Assaults Sniper Rifles.

Seriously. No. They are meant to infiltrate. Why would you go somewhere no one else is?
    • Up x 1
  4. MartenV

Just no. giving the abiltity from one class on another class is just not going to work.
    SOE will never do this.
    • Up x 1
  5. Sandpants

Sure.

It's not like LA exists outside of a label anyway.
  6. Wizlawz

was only thinking of versatility.

cost a plane? so im guessing there is no wasting team assets? good to know.

was not saying take from one class and give to another ...just to add some height advantage to the Recon / Sniper / Infiltrator

not all "Infiltrators" are infiltrators...we are also Snipers and Recon....height is our main advantage is it not?

you could give me a jump implant that would allow some easier ways to get to some heights....rem im not talking of extreme heights for a jump just enough to get up to where we can continue up manually as usual instead of walking the sides of mountains and etc to find manual jumping paths up.....give me a 10-20 foot jump implant with limited use or something so as a Recon i can take advantage of the situation(s).
  7. MiniSentrygun

SOE plz merge Infiltrator and LA into a single class
  8. K2k4

Actually light assaults should get sniper rifles. It is weird that an obvious synergy like this has been ignored/rejected so long. They have the mobility to get to the best sniping spots easily but no long range weapons to utilize this advantage.

If anything SOE should have given both classes the same weapons access since they fulfill literally the same goals (except LA can kerploosh vehicles.)
  9. omni2

just give LA the cloaking device :p
    and then remove the infiltrator from this game.
  10. Casterbridge

You want to the class that already has access to long range sniper rifles and cloak, an already incredibly dumb combination, also access to jump jets...

Yeah I don't see any issue with that.
  11. Wizlawz

good.

ye i indeed had the idea from the LA's ...didn't really make sense to me why LA can have jump but not recon.

cloak? its a joke atm isn't it?

beings LA has the close range drifter i would think they should have the cloak. in other games as recon we dont have any cloak....

so sure if you want to trade off then ye...jump for infil / cloak for LA and let LA keep the close range drifter.

and rem at this point i am a free to play noob so i don't have many unlock options....for those who will say just buy this and or that....fyi.

i didn't search so idk if this was discussed / mentioned before...but a recon without height advantage may as well be a cqc infantry.

sure there are those who are good and aggressive to be that as infil...but there are those of us who are not.{but that is not my argument}

let me ask of this:

has any LA tried ejecting from a plane and using jump jets to stay up and shoot? is it possible?
    don't know if u can see where i am going with that.

more often than not i have seen similar in other games....tends to make sense after awhile.
  12. Rikkit

Why do you need jump jets?
    i mean seriusly, as soon as you get 50+fps, you can climb on pretty much everything...
    techplants, biodome, mountains, rocks, trees,....
    they are all climb able....
    just take your time, and learn how to do it...
  13. Wizlawz

yar.."advanced climbing"...takes too much time ....need something faster.

grappling hook maybe?
    • Up x 1
  14. Rift23

Learn to wall jump, you'll get into places that'll make the people you snipe go HUH?
  15. Psionic Storm

This is a joke. In game the most you could jump would probably be 2-3 feet and you want to increase the jump height by a significant amount. Really that makes sense. Attacking a base with a battlement? no problem park a sundie next to the wall and have everyone jump over it without doing the hard work.
  16. Wizlawz

wall jump? what is that?

really? why would being a recon being able to get the height advantage be a joke?

i guess i could just go LA jumper and snipe that way...but idk much about that class or the scopes that class gets.... i mean HS is a HS right? or is it different in this game?

but i suppose i could learn to fly and use an aerial to get to some heights as i am noticing there is no waste of team assets...so that is a good thing.

it just doesn't make sense to me as to why a recon of all the classes has no "easy" way of reaching the advantage of height without the use of some kind of vehicle is all i am saying...to me it just goes to show the hate for recon in games....so why bother having a recon...but it is the only class i am halfway good at and of course being recon my entire online game career i expect a recon being able to do what a recon is suppose to do.

and i would have thought with an open world sort of game and massive battles being a recon getting to heights wouldn't be a issue.

i have noticed one thing tho.... i have my settings for draw distance and anything that pertains to that on max and yet i can't see the enemy with a 12x(?) scope at ranges that i should be able to...which is why i was asking about jump jets for recon to get to the heights withing the range of being able to see the opposition.

look...i know it will never be for recon as to what i am asking....but i had to ask.

believe me i know tact and strat to compensate for height vs low ...it is really not a big deal...it just didn't make sense to me is all.

this game is alot like Section8 and in Section8 i can reach heights to do what recons do in regards to spotting and map view advantages. {ye ye ye..go play section 8 then blah blah blah}

and being a Vanu ...what is the saying? victory through science / tech? the Vanu fall short on delivering the needed tech for recon IE: jump jet....now the jump jet for Recon doesn't have to be as the one for LA...like i said just enough to be able to reach the parts that are hard to jump up to to continue on to higher ground on foot...can't tell you how many times i have to traverse the side of a mountain looking for a way up when a Jump LA comes along and effortlessly goes to where i am trying to get to....it's like wtf??? do they even have scopes that are capable of killing opposition from those heights?...because if they do that will be the class i will switch to.

TL;DR? not my problem
    • Up x 1
  17. Tona

It won't ever happen, but If I could do drifter jet head shots over a huge battle that would be tremendous fun. That reminds me in Tribes: Ascend with Ski/Jet sniping. So much fun!
  18. Redwave

Hell no. You cloakers are the most annoying thing in the game and having you guys with the same abilities as a light assault like if adrenaline pump is not enough.
  19. Wizlawz

not to worry i just unlocked the 4x scope for my LA drifter....the same i use on the ghost....not the chevron one but the red + one.

now i can get to heights and spot and snipe as an LA.....and move quickly. now you have a new annoying "class".... see you on the field.

;)
  20. Siilk

Nothing new here. Pretty much half of the LA workload is being a dedicated marksman with long-range capable carbines(the other half of being CQC). There's of course some anti-materiel stuff(you know, those C4 blocks) but it's more of an opportunistic attacks rather than anything else. But I digress

A big NO for OP suggestion. You want more marksmanship for jumping class? Ask for Scout rifles for LAs. Not that it will happen anyway but at least that will make slightly more sense.