Jump + ADS Nerf

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SharpeShooter, Jan 16, 2014.

1. SharpeShooter

Light assault use it a lot to spot targets when in the air and to land a few hits on people before landing! It used to tighten your COF VERY slightly. Its a massive nerf to LA and difters.
    • Up x 2
  2. Bankrotas

I want that to be a decent choice! If you want to sacrifice defense and stand still while shooting, your aim and tracking should be as rewarding as adad spam.
  3. DevDevBooday

If ADSing whilst jumping was terrible then why do you care that its gone?

Plus you STRAFE and shoot, which is actually better than bouncing around anyway. Maybe they just wanted to stop all the spastics who were doing it because they thought it would make them better players.
  4. Brandmon

Isn't the NV scope the only one that allows LA ADS?
  5. SharpeShooter

it is as rewarding! if you have good aim and make head shots you will win every time! this is about Jump/jump jetting + ADS btw not adad!
  6. SharpeShooter

no you could ADS in the air with any scope. However accuracy when in the air was VERY low just very slightly better than Jump + hip accuracy
    • Up x 1
  7. DevDevBooday

I think everyone agrees that LAs are hard done by. It wasnt just a small change for them, it was a straight up KO of the class.
    Im sure it will be fixed, all other classes just need to L2P though. ADS + jumping is ridiculous for non-LA classes
    • Up x 1
  8. SharpeShooter

Because it was used by LA to lay 1 or 2 bullets on targets before landing and finishing the job and it was used to spot targets when in the air!
    • Up x 2
  9. DevDevBooday

Sorry for not being clear, I do agree that LA still needs the ability. Plus you can also still spot from the hip.
  10. SharpeShooter

Jump + ADS for any other class other than LA was useless indeed, Light assault have been ****** though like you said :( you can also spot from the hip indeed but with less accuracy!
    • Up x 3
  11. TheReaperKing82

in the patch notes it says jumping pulls the character out of iron sights. does that mean that you can't pull back to iron sights if given the time, say by using a LA jump jet?
  12. DevDevBooday

Plus the other unforseen benefit is that it stops HAs from using RLs whilst in the air. Meaning no more HA Galdrops destroying entire vehicle convoys before even touching the ground.
  13. Surmise

I care because it gives diversity in movement, to not only do adadad or crouching it gives more skill ceiling to the movement aspect of infantry combat like in fast paced fps games, simply put it doesnt make infantry combat that dull, combining good movement combos with good aim and awareness makes the FPS part more challenging and attractive.

I like this game something inbetween fast paced quake and battlefield style, and less like COD because of high TTK and better shooting mechanics but still not that great and now removing ADS + jump makes advanced infantry plays more dull and shallow.
    • Up x 1
  14. DevDevBooday

So actually, the only reason is that they have now removed something that was useless and you see it as restrictive. Fair enough.
  15. Kanil

PTS behavior: If you attempt to ADS while in air, nothing will happen. If you have ADS on a toggle, you will ADS upon landing. If you have ADS on a toggle and you click twice, it'll toggle ADS on, then off, then you hit the ground and nothing happens.

It feels really... bad. Unresponsive. Clunky, whatever. Your character doesn't do what you ask it to do, which is frustrating as hell.

Try it out on the PTS if you've got it installed.
  16. Surmise

you are a casul, sorry
  17. Meeka

In my opinion, it makes you look like you're a crack addict with a nervous tick.

That's the complete opposite of attractive.
  18. TheWhiteDragon

All this hyperbole really hurts more than helps. LA's are not useless. They're one of the best combat classes in the game. This change doesn't completely ruin the class either. However, it is problematic.

The real issue for me is that there's a penalty associated with pulling up your sights, especially the NV. It takes time to pull them up. So if you are planning on shooting right after you land, you better be able to kill them without ADS. I will no longer be able to fly over to a building, pop someone with my T5, and then run away before the rest of the group notices. The penalty for going into sights is just long enough that you'd be dead.
    • Up x 4
  19. Squeeck

The one or two bullets that you could land before ADSing with both feet on the ground allowed the LA to gain benefit of being an LA.
    Without this you can just pull a medic or heavy and have the same result.

I am most concerned about falling while ADSing though, when you are standing on a hill. This would completely destroy any chances you have in a fight. The penalty for falling down 50cm at a hill was already big enough by shaking your ADS view, this change was not needed (if they even thought about it when deciding to change this).
  20. Robes

I dont care either way on this, but if somebody is just jumping around that makes then very easy to predict where theyre going to be at, much easier than adadadad