[Suggestion] Javelin Mobile Cover

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EWanderer, Feb 12, 2023.

1. EWanderer

The Javelin looks like a fun device be it the weapons, the handling or overall design. Maybe I will have to say more about it, but during fumbling around with it, I noticed that the Javelin could probably make for an excellent improptu cover against infantry.
    There is one issue and 2 suggestions for minor improvement:
    Issue 1: The hitbox extends a little bit above the seat. See here:
    https://i.imgur.com/8lN3Yie.png
    Suggestion 2: Make the Javelin try to settle on terrain if dismounted. From what I can tell this should be enough to crouch behind the thing to take better cover. Or at least be able to shoot along the entire length of the vehicle is standing more easily.
    Suggestion 3: Give it an utility slot ability to deploy, disabling guns but giving it some either damage resistance to anti armor, an deployment shield or outright the same status as a hardlight barrier. Thus it would become able to take some more hits and would a great addition to NSO still limited arsenal, by letting them be creative on the meta rather than just with more toys.
  2. Liewec123

You're absolutely right about it being amazing cover!
    Before I learnt how fun zipping around with Hydra could be this was my primary use for it,
    And it does a really good job!
    [IMG]
    But yeah the lazy hitbox needs some love, the seat would make a perfect firing position, but right now the best we have is the nose.

I love the idea of giving it a shield utility!
    I can imagine a mini rampart shield along the side, would be great!
    • Up x 1