ITT we discuss all things audio

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Drsexxytime, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Drsexxytime

So what are your favorite sounds/music in the game? What are your least favorite?

For me, love the way the Reaver sounds.
    Like the VS and TR music a lot.
    Hate the NC music, it's horrible, seriously. It's the furthest thing from that video they posted up for factions recently. I think NC's music should be like the music from Devil May Cry 3 personally. Even "Rollin'" by Limp Bizkit would be an upgrade, seriously, NC's music is that bad.
    Hate the VA in this game, outside of the silly VS "I require repair" and "I need more batteries!". The female VAs are specifically offensive to the ears.
    • Up x 1
  2. Cinc

I once watched an NC video. A male character asked for repairs...

Seriosuly guys, feel free to come over whenever you want
  3. QuantumMechanic

I liked the original NC theme much better than the current one. It took a lot of inspiration from the TV series Firefly...

But too many NC players complained about it, and so SOE made it "more rock n' roll, less banjo". So that kinda summed up the collective NC psyche for me.

Oh, and the female "commander" voiceover for the NC always makes me laugh. I detect a slight lisp that she has: "The enemy has taken control of THISSHFACILITY!" (add in a little Donald Duck when you read that to yourself).
    • Up x 1
  4. Cirevam

I REQUIRE A COMBAT MEDIC

I like the NC music but their voice clips are hilariously bad or funny, depending. "I think I broke it!" gets me every time. VS being overly verbose is a bit odd but it fits them. I don't have a TR character so I haven't heard their voices as much as I have with the others. And because I don't play TR I get really jumpy whenever an ally uses an NS-11 around me. The taka-taka-taka sounds too similar to certain TR guns...
  5. Thagyr

It was the NC music that actually made me pick them in the first place. It's the only one with an easily defined personality as far as a theme goes to my ears. Sure it's not something I would listen to outside of the game, but I think it suits the NC perfectly.

As far as favorite sounds go. The Vanguard Enforcer reminds me of a bottle-rocket every time I use it.

VS voice clips make me think they are some kinda prissy space gentlemen, which is funny considering how deadly they are. Just need to start complaining that the enemy is attacking on their tea time.
  6. Dingus148

I had the exact opposite reaction to the NC music, and is part of the reason I hate playing on my NC alt. Not attacking your choice at all, but I was reminded of Black Ops and instantly went into "avoid" mode. It's weird, because in real life I listen to rock/metal most of the time. You'd think I'd love it!