Its ok Vanu you still have

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bejita231, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Bejita231

The best infantry weapons in the game, and arguably still the best tanks

You went from straight OP to "arguably better"
  2. Deathrus

People still going to say mag-rider op because it still strafes.

Still have 0 problems farming infatry with my maggie.
  3. Iksniljiksul

Vanu have great LMGs. They have always been outclassed by other factions CARs and ARs though.
    • Up x 1
  4. Aghar30

Like Deathrus says, its still easy to anihilate stupid ducks in a maggie, the strafe bug didn't change much of anything.
  5. Zan_Aus

The magrider strafe nerf is small, all those Vanu whining salty tears need to l2drive.

I know Higby says on his Twitter that it was unintentionally large but to be completely blunt it should stay this way. Magrider still works fine, its maneuverability was off the charts before and needed a nerf; ffs I was more light on my feet than an infantryman. I have around 1700 certs in my Magrider and about the same in my Vanguard, the new change puts it in about the right place now.
    • Up x 1
  6. McGubble

TR has 40 round guns theres a balance
  7. McGubble

Have you strafed In a mag rider before? Its speed was decreased by atleast half
  8. Erik

Tr have the best Ar and Carbine, and all factions have great LMG options. If you loose a firefight with some one using a similar class of weapon then you lost the fight, not the gun.
  9. Aghar30

erm its not a nerf, its a bug, it was not intentional and they are working on a fix.
  10. Zan_Aus

With 1,700 certs in the damn thing yes of course I have strafed in a Magrider before the change, seriously, some people.

The regular Magrider strafe speed was way over the top, if you can't admit this, which as a Vanu player I can then you are just being intellectually dishonest at the expense of the game. As for Captain Obvious re bug vs nerf and Higby's Twitter, yes I know. I am saying it should stay like this.
    • Up x 1
  11. kill

We don't know the ramifications of the MBT changes yet. Once they fix the bug the Magriders will be back to their OPness, no doubt.
  12. AntiDemocide

nice to see an honest vanu. props to you.
  13. Yaj

Dishonest? Yeah right... I'd rather get Vanguards and Prowler going forward and backwards with the side vulnerable against enemies than in a maggie moving SLOW AS HELL side moving left and right. The nerf atm feels exactly like a sitting duck with with the nerfed side movement and then worse, a 3 second delay turning away from your enemy and using the magburner knowing it's already too late to even try to flee due to the strafe nerf (yes literally half or even more; unless you have a super super high dpi mouse).
  14. AccelPrime

Higby didn't say it was unintentionally large, it was a bug. Not something that was intended.
  15. Vanyaeli

No worries, the Prowler got a completely unneeded DPS boost, HE equipped Prowlers can take out a sunderer from the rear by deploying and using the reload speed bonus faster than a mag can with with AP rounds. If that's been tested then I'm sorry SOE but you need to hire some new people to work on balance because that is just plain ret*rded.

On topic: Mag is fine now, we can still sort of strafe, right?