It's not possible to learn to fly because of aimbotters...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, May 1, 2024.

1. karlooo

Probably 75% of my ESF deaths were by tank shells. And not the I fly in directly into their crosshair, but they kill me from hundreds of meters away, while I am minding my own business.
    I started learning ESF very recently because the environment is suitable for doing so. Then suddenly some TR player activated cheats and killed me from across the map multiple times in their Prowler.

Today same thing, but not only from one, but I counted at least 5 players aimbotting. For example, one killed me from exactly 700 meters away, with 2 direct HEAT shell hits from their Prowler, in 1 second, the total unload rate lol (I was flying at constant speed).
    They simply don't miss their shots...

I don't get it.
    On Cobalt server, it feels like VS has some benefits in the background and TR has some handicap. It feels weird how VS always stomps everybody.

Anyways in terms of dueling, aiming controls on ESF make no sense to me. Sometimes the mouse aim does not move. I don't understand what type of motion or sensitivity it requires to stay accurate.
    • Up x 1
  2. VV4LL3

My favorite is when they hit you from way beyond render range. That's way cool. 6-12 hexes away. Very cool. Their aimbot is literally only reading the API for a location/ target. What chance does the rest of us non-cheaters have? lol

And prowler-king snake is supposed to have a spread on the rounds -- NOPE! All 4 hitting within a few meters of each other from really far away. Crazy, right?
  3. Ps2pIayer

the server performance has decreased no doubt, and either there are people aimbotting, or really good aimers are able to hit targets easier because of the fast projectile speeds that are above the current server performance.

i do suspect some dorks have aimbot with their vehicles that they only use when they want to kill someone that annoys them, and only use it rarely, as to not get caught obviously.

ive already posted this video in bug reports and have been dealing with the same thing as of recent, and it has gotten worse with the server performance. i have amazing internet connection this isnt my own problem i always see the server latency spiking, before it used to be 70-90ms, now its up in the 110-150ms.

if this is how its going to be, they definitely need to look into nerfing all vehicle projectile speeds to compensate for the downgraded servers.

i can hit people with my celeste, which has absurd projectile speed of all vehicle weapons, if people seriously try to cry about it then they generally arent good to begin with.

everytime ive logged on as well this year i see in the chat saying somone is "hacking" by shooting through walls and its literally everytime i log on too, which tells me infantry is noticing it even more than usual too.
  4. karlooo

Ugh god, they should just rework the Prowler. This is unplayable. I got killed from 1 km away now... And then 3 times in a row by same player. Just rework the Prowler and stop with this bull ****. Its intended design DOES NOT WORK. Stop with this ****.
    • Up x 1
  5. AuricStarSand

Is this a chinese or uk server situation?
    I'm not a good flyer; tho 99.99% of my esf deaths are from other esf's.

Getting hit with a tank shell happens; only 0.1% of the time.

As for the video; the Javelin should cost 200 to 250 nanites; yet be able to survive 1 tank shell.
    Told them that last year. Even without dealing with aimbots; dying to 1 tank shell is not fun.
    Seeing as the Javelin isn't fast enough to die from 1 hit.
    So either more speed or durability. For 200, 225, or 250 nanites.

Maybe if I flew more I'd die to tank shells more often?
    Tho it's not like these prowlers are aimbotting my c4 flash.
    Nor are they aimbotting my LA.

The only time a tank might do these rapid over the hill shots; is after midnight,
    when the chinese log on. Was a lightning. & who knows might just be poor ping. Leading to bullet delay.

So must be a server player situation.
    For Emerald & Connery; magriders have all the bounties.

idk fly higher?
    video the few prowlers who do this?
  6. T.A.94