Its a good idea...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximaster, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Ximaster

...to put silencer to SAS-R???? Bullet drop gonna be higher than normal in large distances????
  2. breeje

you don't want to use SAS-R at long range
    i use it in the 50 meter range = no bullet drop with silencer
    and if you want that long shot what happens from time to time you will know to aim above the head
  3. Navron

I've had people come through my division in my outfit who use the SAS-R with the longest scope. I find that super weird but I remember at least two people being REALLY good with it. Not sure why they liked it and neither one of them used a suppressor when they did it but they used one in close range fights.
  4. AnuErebus

Depends. For general combat or long range sniping, no a suppressor reduces damage ranges and velocity too much for it to be useful when shots require precise timing or need to travel a decent distance. For planting yourself in a tree/bush and sniping a vehicle terminal or hiding under the pads of a tower then there is some value since you'll avoid those of us who frequently watch the mini-map.
    • Up x 1
  5. Biddion

With this gun a suppressor will not really effect bullet drop as any bullet drop will not be noticeable within it's most effective range. You will notice a loss of velocity for a rifle that is already low. Base 500m/s.
  6. MisterSlim

I think it is situational at best, as decent reflexes, decent aim, and constant movement more than make up for not having a suppressor. On my NC, I just can't force myself to like the suppressor (and I even tried for MORE than 15 minutes! 0.0), and on my VS (which I only play as overwatch for my outfit), I am never even close to realistic suppressor range.

In short: It depends on your playstyle. If you play aggressively and move constantly, then a suppressor is just moot, since it won't matter if the enemy knows your rough position. If you prefer to be sneaky and stay hidden within a base, taking out one target at a time, then I'd say it has a good bit of usefulness. I think the best way to determine if it works for you is just to try it!

-Stay Frosty
  7. Ximaster

Well,ive build it and i wasted 100 certs for nothing,bullet drop and velocity reduces at moderate cost,i only did kills at mid/close range. Im better without silencer,at least i do kills at medium to long distances in some cases. So,to future builders to the SAS-R...FORGET to put silencer to this weapon,its useless and force u to aim better than without silencer. I have scope x4 and the accessory that recharge the weapon while u shoot and aim (sorry didnt know the name in english) and i go fine.