It's 3am

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kite Carling, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Kite Carling

Can we have more notice of patches please? I've played online games like EVE long enough to be very wary of patch days, and pretty good at making safety arrangements, but SOE seem to love springing big patches on us with very little warning. Often only a day.

So here I am again, somewhat pissed (both UK and US meanings), waiting to log in to claim certs (it's too late to play even for me by now). Hours go by, stars wheel overhead and no notices/posts/info is broadcast at all. Servers could go up in one or ten hours. Who knows?

I feel a screw-up double-down in the air too - Maybe a hotfix to fix the fix that effed the fix over the next few days.

And for compensation - a double XP weekend...that I can't participate in due to having a family. That should soothe all us weekday players. Hmm...a nice double XP weekend.

Yours,
    :eek:
  2. Aegie

To fair, they did estimate they would be down for about 2 1/2 hours (though, they missed that by a fair margin and I think it ended up being more like 4 1/2 or so).
  3. Kite Carling

It's nearly 3am again.

Just sayin', as they say. Or, as my dyslexic aunt Spooner used to say, 'buseless arstards'...
  4. Plunutsud pls

Welcome to f2p.

They don't owe you anything.
    • Up x 1
  5. Phyr

No matter when they patch, someone will be affected by it. You're not special, don't act like they owe you anything.
  6. MajiinBuu

They gave us 8 hours notice, plenty of time to know about it beforehand
  7. Kite Carling

Hang on, I've spent $240 on membership, $40 on alpha-squad and $258.50 on station cash. That would get you about nine full-priced games at retail - it's not f2p (presuming, by that, you mean free to play). Are you suggesting that I'm not owed reasonable access to the game? I'm okay with occasional patching, but what I'm talking about is not being able to play about half the times I try to log on recently. Mate, I'm entitled to complain about that. You wouldn't accept that rate of rejection for seats you've paid for at a cinema or times reserved at a tennis-court, would you?

Wait until you get a job, let alone a family. Besides, even with notice, at the current patch rate I just can't log in every 24 hours. It's absurd.
  8. Degenatron

How is it that people keep "Not getting this"?

The money you've spent doesn't buy you any extra consideration. You've received what you paid for. If you don't understand what you've purchased when you put your money down, then that's on you, not the seller. SOE has made no misrepresentations about what you were to get for your money. It's YOU that have decided you were buying something SOE wasn't selling.

I have a job. I have a family. And I've easily spent double what you have.

So how is it that I know the score and you don't?

Here's an idea, maybe you should get some sleep instead of staying up all night complaining about online video games.
    • Up x 1
  9. Kite Carling

What are you on about? Where am I asking for "extra consideration"? What "don't I get"? You are a prize fool if you are suggesting it's fine for SOE to exclude players from 10pm to 3am (GMT+8) almost every other day. They certainly didn't state this prior to release, and during beta and the first year it wasn't the case.

I'm simply stating that I've paid money to be able to access a computer game. Frequently, I can't access said computer game, especially during my hours of leisure. SOE never stated that this would be so, and in fact during the first year, it wasn't so.

Do *you* get it now, bullet-brain?
  10. Plunutsud pls

This is f2p, if you spend money on it you are simply DONATING.

I spent around $150 on my previous f2p shooter and never felt I had a right to complain about its problems.
  11. Kite Carling

I think you are having a mental issue. Can you read my original post again, because I didn't mention anything about spending money.

This is a post about wanting proper notice for unscheduled downtimes.

[the later comments about money were due to someone suggested that because the game is "free to play", we are not entitled to...anything at all. They are idiots, however, and we are still entitled to at least access to the game]
  12. Phyr

Except you're not.
  13. Plunutsud pls

Once again, welcome to f2p and please donate if you wish.

All our accounts belong to SOE and they owe is nothing because this game is FREE.