It was fun gentlemen( End of LA era)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Edward LT, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Snowfake

I agree. Considering our class officaly the most under performing and used class in the game. We have constantly been nerfed since launch even if it was not intentional. For example for a flanking class the introduction of sensor darts totally made flanking extremely difficult. It can take alot of thinking and cunning to get into a good position only to have someone fire a 100 meters in every direction and all our work is for nothing.

As for C4 being nerfed .5 meters this dose not bother me too much. The problem is that now 90% of people are wearing flak armor in base fights it makes C4 totally useless in even taking down infantry let alone maxs and any kind of armor. For someone that costs 100 points per stick.....

Combined with our LS nerf when jumping and UBGL also being useless. We are left with nothing more than to find a nice little spot in a tree and shoot at people who run pass.
    That may sound great to some people but for me, LA was the break out class that would soften up points before a main push.
  2. Unclematos7

At first they wanted to do the LA update.

Then they changed their minds and pushed it back in favor of MAX "badassification", because MAXes REALLY needed help, right?:rolleyes:
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/299002484813340672

And it was a success! It added a whole new level of depth to TR and NC anuses the game!

It was totally worth it!:rolleyes:
  3. HerpTheDerp

I just wanted to say, if you people want to fire accurately when jetting, you're out of your goddamn minds.
  4. Admiralty

Sorry, what was the nerf to C4? I missed it, was it in the patch notes?
  5. Ceskaz

They reduced the range of C4 blast damage
  6. Iridar51

But nanites!..
    It would be nice if we had _some_ boost to accuracy, especially with drifters, they could use a tune-up. It's not like jump jets have any resemblance to actual rocket engines. Jetting in PS2 is slow and very controllable, so, as somebody's suggested, our CoF should while jetting should reduce to sprint CoF after the actual jump.
    • Up x 1
  7. Darkelfdruid_LOL

I'll get totally stoned for this but meh.

I think you are over exaggerating that it's end of LA "ERA"...was there ever an era to begin with?

I do play LA sometimes, and 90% of the time I go to resupply for ammo or die with a knife in my hand.
    Idk how hip fire got nerfed - ye it did on paper - but I don't feel it.

At least while hip firing few meters near the target - it's just as good... (from vs perspective)

Only recently few weeks ago I started playing HA, rest of the time it was LA/Infiltrator - while I agree LA might not be the strongest class - it is still a very powerful class when given to the right hands.
  8. LibertyRevolution

I want a OHK light saber.

It can go in my tool slot.
    • Up x 2
  9. Elkybam

Adrenaline pump was next to useless btw.

Now, enemies are paying a LOT more attention to the LAs, possibly due to the spikes of LA C-4 assaults recently. I've been playing with Light Assault for over half of my play time and I just usually stick on the ground, where my allies are able to provide support. If one were to go on a roof, chances are that:
    -ESF rocket pods you
    -Snipers harass you
    -You would be spotted by another and you would have a squad chasing you
  10. oherror

I'm TR, but i didn't use the the nerfed weapon anyway. Been running with my auto shotty. LA is still effective as ever. Though i'm nowhere as good as some of you i can get the job done and have fun.
  11. OldMaster80

Of course we don't expect to strafe at extra speed while firing with a pump action shotgun but current situation is pretty ridicolous: drifters can't beused in combat as the mild speed bonus is denied by lost of accuracy. And the adrenaline pump effect is barely noticeable: it should be a secondary skill with more ranks and a cooldown (maybe affecting run speed and not strafing).
  12. MajiinBuu

We have a jetpack, that alone makes the Light Assault worth playing.
    All infantry have 1000 effective life(infiltrators having 900), I don't know where you get this "less armor" from
    C4 is a counter to armor. We've never been accurate while using jetpacks, why complain now? Just land and then shoot.
  13. asdfPanda

I think people need to calm down about the hipfire carbine nerfs. I rolled with my jaguar today and it still feels pretty good, albeit a bit jumpy at longer range.
  14. LibertyRevolution

I am also not having a problem killing with the jag while jump jetting.
    When you start getting hit markers, keep tracking the target, ignore the crosshairs.