It occurred to me that if Planetside were real....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Mar 12, 2013.

1. PeanutMF

This really makes me wish there were actual lasers available to the Vanu.

Like giving a heavy burst laser to the Magrider as a main cannon (with appropriate restrictions like fall off) that does damage over time for like 2 seconds per shot, but has instant travel time.

Or shorter range anti infantry lasers for VS MAXes.
  2. the pestimist

it was a joke in the lore and you didn't get it come on. They love tech that makes em nerds I was joking using the lore not the people jeez
  3. Yago

Vanu use the pistol shrimp cavitation-plasma technology .
    This is the reason we look "fishy"
    :p
  4. Zitroxious

well i wasnt entirely serious either ;) or was i?!?
  5. the pestimist

:):):):D:D:D:cool:.
  6. illgot

if PS2 was real, we could all dine on human flesh as every time a player dies they are just respawned leaving a corpse behind.

Soylent green can easily become a reality as we start piling up the bodies :)
    • Up x 1
  7. the pestimist

:eek:
  8. Zitroxious

im sure we would have filled up those canyons by now :p
  9. the pestimist

No nanites eat the bodies.
  10. illgot

Turn the suckers off! I was cheaper flank steak!
  11. the pestimist

NO:cool: no food for TR or VS Nanites eat me on death.
  12. Cowabunga

More complex weapon systems the more break downs you have. Simple and effective that's the fine balance you need to strike to win a war. If you run around with rail-gun tech that is five times as complicated, the chances are it is five times more likely to break down.

Perfect example is the AK-47. It is cheap to produce, it can withstand almost any environment - It can even be carried through water and muck and still fire, plus it will kill you just as effectively as any top modern assault rifle.
  13. Cowabunga

Not much thought has been put into the **** suit though.
  14. gunfox

Whoever builds this weapon
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    first wins Auraxis.
    Screw this tiny gauss nerf gun.
  15. the pestimist

They are carrying nearly nothing for maneuverability and only tr would be obliterated cause both sides weapons would be much more powerful.
  16. Zitroxious

I would be surprised if TR had any true fashionsense, purple is the new red
  17. the pestimist

and orange is the new black, etc, etc.
  18. Cowabunga

It's called looking badass, you should try it.

[IMG]
    Vs
    [IMG]
  19. PyroPaul

Gauss weaponry is not as powerful as you think.
    In fact most Gauss based weapon mathematics places its weapon velocity far below a traditional gunpowder based weapon of the same caliber. The weapon is only as powerful as the number of coils that you place upon the barrel and the amount of energy you put through the coil, as such a single Coil Gauss Gun can shoot ball barrings at effectively the same velocity as a Sling Shot...

Every thing else you've said is a common mistake as people grossly over exaggerate not only the effectiveness of the weapon but also its over all effect.

You see, small arms ballistics is more then just bullets going fast.
    The art of small arms ballistics design is the practice of finding a balance between penetrating power and stopping power. The faster something goes, the higher penetration it has, but inversely the lower stopping power it has. That is because the round is more inclined to simply go through the target instead of imparting any energy of the shot Into the target.

a .50 BMG has a lower Muzzle velocity then a .223 NATO... but which one is more inclined to kill you in one shot?
  20. SpankyH

As I understand it, the balance of power goes like this:

The TR, being the 'loyalists' and traditional power base, have the most people.
    The NC, being a super-capitalist rebellion, have the next most people.
    The VS, being a hyper-intellectual pseudo religious splinter group, have the least.

The TR, using mostly pre-existing tried and true tech, have the lowest tech level.
    The NC, using some kinda new stuff that they could cobble together, have a few things that are more high tech, but are only slightly ahead of the TR.
    The VS, being crazy alien worshiping technocrats, have the best tech.

The TR, being born from an established military hierarchy, have superior tactics and training.
    The NC, being a bunch of angry capitalist rebels, have worse tactics and training, but they have heart!
    The VS, being a bunch of nerds, suck at fighting.

Overall, the TR's lower tech level is countered by their population advantage, and their superior tactics and training.
    The NC make up for their skills/numbers disadvantage against the TR with better tech, and their tech disadvantage against the VS with their comparatively better numbers and training.
    The VS make up for their low numbers and relative inexperience in war with their superior tech, and making all of their otherwise terrible nerd soldiers superhumans.

In the end... You get balance.