issue with infi cloak "visible"

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by cabbage1256, Apr 12, 2015.

1. cabbage1256

2. Recel

Not such a surprise that you spotted him.

Cloak is rendered up to about a hundred meters in my experience. Wraith cloak up to around two hundred, two hundred and fifty meters. They won't be particularly easy to see at those extreme distances by them self, but if you saw the infiltrator at those ranges before they cloak you can see the slight distortion even if they sit in place and you can track them if they move.

Around and closer than fifty meters you can spot a cloaked infiltrator if you pay attention pretty easily even while sitting still.
    All this on medium settings I might add, so no need to even fiddle with higher video settings to see them.

Now I know that cloak is invisible if you aren't paying attention or the infiltrator is well positioned with its background and not moving, but to me it is kind of mind boggling that the cloak even renders at those distances.
  3. CuteBeaver

A few friends and I have been looking into possible cloak issues on a variety of settings and lighting conditions.

We encountered something strange, I will try and find a picture from Prosium (NC infil seen looking directly into my face)

[IMG]

This Rhombus is the best example of what your seeing in the picture. Just imagine the block is tiny and on my face.

[IMG]

On closer inspection you'd see the distortion was flat like a mirror. It is easy to see because of the hard edges, and it shows an incorrect background view of what should be behind it.

[IMG]

This is what the distorition looks like from the side view. Again showing the incorrect lighter background on the surface of the Rhombus. These glitches may be helmet specific and we are testing them between different graphic settings. Its something we are investigating but it couldn't hurt to share what we have so far incase someone else notices these anomalies on other helmets.

For these imagines I was using was TR: "Artic Wolf Helmet"

[IMG]

As for the OP, excellent find. Hopefully DBG will make changes to "Ultra" as well.
  4. Skiptrace

They really should just make cloak a flat 100% render turn off of the infiltrator, but say cut the duration down by 25%. would make it alot less headauche on the rendering side, yes it would be "op" but this game is filled with "op" things that have not been nerfed yet. Examples being, Dual Ravens, 0.75x ADS speed, HA Shield (for some people who can't play right.), and other things i can't think of.
  5. Vorpal_Spork

Yeah you can see him so easy you had to draw a circle around him and I still can't see him.