Issue - Crash to Desktop on Login

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Keiichi25, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Keiichi25

From the looks of it, the issue isn't hardware but code. When trying to logon with a character that is on a full continent, it will CTD or Quit. In some cases, people will be able to start the game again and connect into VR, other cases, they still CTD with no error messages.
  2. auKZYM

I am having the same problem. I am using Process Monitor to watch the planetside2.exe process. Sometimes the process only runs for a few seconds. Sometimes I get as far as the warp gate and can see the game world for a few seconds before it crashes. I have a folder with GB of crash data just from today. I tried validating the game assets. I tried different graphics drivers. Rebooting used to help. I tried turning off any 3rd party display hooks. I'm not sure what else I can do.
  3. commikfx

I am having the same problem as well.

Anyone find a fix?
  4. Nick Riviera

This happens to me as well. No fix that I can see. More than half the time I try to log it crashes to desktop after i click "PLAY", during the load screen, or when I select a character to play. I've been search also, but nuthin :(
  5. Faerrus

This just started happening to me today as well.

I loaded up to the character select screen and chose this character to play. From there the sound cuts out, and a few seconds later the game crashes to desktop.

I restarted my computer and tried again to no avail. I also validated the game data via the launch pad options and tried, with no luck.
  6. Keiichi25

I seem to narrow it down that it seemed to be that one time. Possibly, strangely enough, VR was full. Which prevented me from getting on at all, possibly the other continents as well.
  7. DeLayze

I gotno idea how you found out but the same issue of login and silent crashes to desktop happen to me evrey other day. i always blamed my rather basic laptop for this. until now.
    a quick and dirty fix - if it is really a full VR causing it - might be for the developers to create multiple instances of the VR on the fly once one has too many players in it.
    alternatively put up some dedicated Server farm JUST for the VR training for all factions from all Servers ;)
  8. Keiichi25

Well, given the fact that technically, I should be able to be shunted to one of the continents or VR if a continent that I was in was full, the fact that my NC character was unable to get on at all, but my VS and TR character was able to get on... It suggests NC was capped across the board.