Is your character the same sex as you?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ironeddie, Aug 21, 2013.

1. EmmeraldWeapon

All my MMORPG characters are usually female, only because if I am going to look at the backside of something for 100's of hours it is going to need to be a visually appealing girl. They are not a reflection of who I think I am, but rather an avatar that serves under me. That said, my PS1/2 character has been male simply because there is not a real big difference between the two. The female model is just as butch and flat as the man and the face skins are hideous and best left under the helmet anyways.
  2. DeadliestMoon

I've seen that mod before and like I said, males are idolized not objectified. "Always look better" I hope you know I am in no way bringing in sexual preferences into this. But nonetheless it's fine to have female protagonists, just look at Lara Croft in the latest Tomb Raider game, she was fantastic.
  3. DeadliestMoon

Actually I think that issue is publishers fault.
  4. DeadliestMoon

Lightning is actually one of six main characters, you play as all of them throughout the game although she is the best spellcaster. Oh and she's in FFXIII(13), you get to play as her a little in FFXIII-2, and she's having her own game coming out soon called Lighting's Returns: FFXIII. Which is going to be awesome!
    • Up x 1
  5. DeadliestMoon

True, some people's discomfort combined with other people's immaturity has been holding us back for a while now. The only problem is, how do we solve this?
  6. MrMurdok

My character spends 95% of its time in a skin tight stealth suit. I don't think it remembers what sex it is.

Also, Male.
  7. TheAntiFish

I find it hard to enjoy any of them after VII and IX, They're the only true FF's for me <3
    (To be fair the cinematics in 13 were Epic!)
  8. DeadliestMoon

Yeah anyone who plays current FF games always hears that VII is the greatest and everything after is ****. But don't get me wrong, VII was great but you can't keep living in the past.
  9. HerpTheDerp

The only difference between the two is perspective.

Or are you going to tell me women don't want to be pretty?
  10. DeadliestMoon

Hard to find out in the video game industry when there's not enough of them to ask.
  11. HerpTheDerp

The fact that few women play "core" videogames is not the industry's fault.
  12. Peter Daniel

VS female on flash looks better.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheAntiFish

Haha what can i say, FF7 and FF9 had the best storylines in my opinion. For me that's what the FF games have always been about. No game has ever affected me as emotionally as FF7 (You know what i'm talking about)
  14. KatieCross

Female in real life = Female character
  15. Xasapis

As far as I'm concerned, everyone is a male on the internet regardless of avatar gender.

Also, you're more likely to bump into actual females playing male avatars than the other way round.
  16. TheBloodEagle

Now that I think about it I wish I went female. I mean, if I'm going to get all fussy about buying all the right cosmetics for my character, like matching gun & armor camo, I might as well be female.
  17. raw

My character has my sex. That is because there is no 3rd person view. In games with 3rd person/free cam my characters are female, because it is more enticing to stare at a female butt than a male butt for me.
  18. TheAntiFish

See... I can almost guarantee every guy that picks a female avatar was secretly jealous of his sisters barbies.
  19. NOX2097

Hey bay-beh, wanna go back to my place and have hot gender till the sheets are soaked and I have scratch marks on my back?
  20. Larek

Ha, that's funny. You do notice that all of your 'p'orn (damn censorship) stuff consists of pixels, too. Movies, Pictures on your Computer or in Magazins start as pixels. Real actors but the stuff itself are pixels. So..., it seems there are a lot more creepy people out there.